• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tidbits from PHB Viewing

Family

First Post
thalmin said:
I want to take another look at the books!

Captain Obvious thank heavens you've arrived. ;)

I picture you viewing them for the first time: "so beautiful; full...of...stars...they should have sent a poet, they should have sent a poet."

/BTW thanks for the awesome scout reports.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Actually, if I can fit it into my schedule, I will try to visit my distributor and see the books again, this time at his place and without the crowd.

But it is a 3 hour round trip, and the books will be out in less than 3 weeks...

Who am I kidding. I'll go if I can fit it in. (to my car when no one is looking. Hehehe)

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
A feat every four levels? I don't think that's correct.

From this:

For example, a 14th-level character can’t have more than seven paragon feats (those gained at 11th, 12th, and 14th level, as well as up to four retrained feats).

That's basically a feat every other level, and seems to imply a 14th level character has more than seven feats.

Rechan

Adventurer
thalmin said:
Actually, if I can fit it into my schedule, I will try to visit my distributor and see the books again, this time at his place and without the crowd.

But it is a 3 hour round trip, and the books will be out in less than 3 weeks...

Who am I kidding. I'll go if I can fit it in. (to my car when no one is looking. Hehehe)
Is it time for another checklist of what we'd like to see again? :D

thalmin

Retired game store owner
GoodKingJayIII said:
A feat every four levels? I don't think that's correct.

From this:

That's basically a feat every other level, and seems to imply a 14th level character has more than seven feats.
I changed my response. The pregens in KotS each gained a feat at level 2.

Heahengel

First Post
tuffnoogies said:
Yes, but it would make adventuring rather boring if the characters weren't risking death.

Or did you mean ban raise dead?
I'm in a campaign right now where death has basically been removed (after finishing another campaign without death with the same group). I'm sure its not for every game, but it works great for us.

jeffhartsell

First Post
Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade.

Most rogue power requirements are "You must be wielding a light blade."

So, if you are wield two weapons and one is light and the other is not, to me this seems to meet the requirement and you can use the power with either weapon.

Is that the intent of the wording or was the intent that the attack be made with the light blade? Will we ever know in time?! ;)

Family

First Post
jeffhartsell said:
Most rogue power requirements are "You must be wielding a light blade."

So, if you are wield two weapons and one is light and the other is not, to me this seems to meet the requirement and you can use the power with either weapon.

Is that the intent of the wording or was the intent that the attack be made with the light blade? Will we ever know in time?! ;)

Now THAT'S rule lawyering. I am so going to use that.

Remove ads