• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Solange

First Post
Solange Steps forward slightly as she begins to cast a spell, calling forth a celestial creature.

OOC: Summon Monster 2: Celestial Riding Dog with a +4 to Strength and Con (so +2 to hit, +3 to damage, and +4 HP over what's stated out there). I'd think they're war trained, so they also get the Trip attack on a hit.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Nah. W2a is just a spin-off that I wrote up to test out Dundjinni's adventure writing properties, and to give some of the tavern folk something to do. It'll be done roughly the same time this one is, I think.

Still need actions for round one for Pendrake and Cepheus.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wik said:
OOC: Nah. W2a is just a spin-off that I wrote up to test out Dundjinni's adventure writing properties, and to give some of the tavern folk something to do. It'll be done roughly the same time this one is, I think.

Still need actions for round one for Pendrake and Cepheus.

]ooc[ I posted at about 9 ish am! what happenbed! that is the second post that has been dropped in 12 hours!]/ooc[

the northerner exchanges his bow for sword and shield while moving

Pendrake moves 5 feet forward and 5 feet diagnaly to the left and will try the goad the goblins to come to him.

he raises his voice over the rain, "comin zee here mein dawgks! come to fight like little kolbolds you are! bark bark bark bar rar bark bark!"

he then redies to attack by waiting for goblins to advance.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah. That's totally my bad. I had some trouble with my notes. Accidentally deleted 'em when I was cleaning out my HD.

Don't worry, I'll have an update coming up. I have a paper backup kicking around in one of my gaming binders that I should dig up soon. I won't be able to update tomorrow, but I should be good by friday, when I get off work. Sorry about this, guys.

Wik

First Post
Round One of real Combat:
Pendrake = 24 Divine Favour = +1 attack and damage; 9 rounds remain - Delayed Action
Aiken = 22 Divine Favour = +1 attack and damage; 9 rounds remain 9/19
Goblins (4) = 19.
#1 - DEAD
#2 -RAGE: +2 Con and Str; +1 Will Saves, -2 AC. 6 rounds remain 2 damage
#3 -
#4 -RAGE: +2 Con and Str; +1 Will Saves, -2 AC. 6 rounds remain
Cepheus = 14+
Goblin "Chief" = 14
Solange = 13 19/23
Hukk = 12

OOC: I had to re-do the map, because I saved it wrong last time. This way, I can update it each round. I've been using this method in the doublemurder thread, and it makes combats *so* much easier.

Pendrake moves forward onto the road, the hard rain bouncing off his shield and sword. "comin zee here mein dawgks! come to fight like little kolbolds you are! bark bark bark bar rar bark bark!" he challenges over the howling winds - ready for their attack.

Aiken dashes forward, and brings his blade in quickly on the surprised and slightly wounded goblin Cepheus struck earlier. The goblin howls in pain, and falls to the ground dead, rain quickly pooling like tears in the beast's open eyes. Aiken soon realizes that this particular goblin, wearing a ragged chain shirt and carrying a goblin-sized longsword, had already been wounded. The others... seem fine.

One goblin (#3) aims up a shot, and lets it fly at Solange - obviously aware of her spellcasting. The shot strikes True (A-24; D-2)(Crit Conf: (A-13 D-2), slamming into her staff and ricocheting between the shoulder and breast. The arrow hurts, but is more shocking than painful.

The other two goblins rush Aiken, their vicious longswords cutting through the murky air. BothHit (A=18, D=4; A=21, D=6), and the goblins laugh with glee as the human staggers backward.

One of them ceases to laugh, however, when he is struck by Ceph's bolt - the shaft sticks out from his ragged chain armour, and he is stung by the attack. He glares at the gnome, and hisses "Yer next..."

The goblin chief raises it's thin dagger in the air, and begins to chant. The two goblin bodyguards in front begin to froth at the mouth, their eyes glowing red and feral.

(OOC: Cepheus realizes the goblin has cast Rage)

Solange, only slightly hurt, begins to summon a celestial dog. The air begins to hum around her with angelic energy.

Hukk reappears on a roof, looking out towards the battle on the deck of the Protector. "I can see Tomas! I CAN SEE TOMAS!" he shouts over the wind, and then ducks down, out of sight again.

The battle on the ship rages on. Goblins surge the bridges to get on deck, trying to swarm over terrified blacklilies in full raiment. There is a flash of brilliance as a bolt of lightning fires out from the mage's (is that Riffer? Pendrake wonders...) outstretched hand. However, the bolt arcs over a goblin's head, harmlessly.

The other side is held by only two blacklilies, one of them a woman with blond hair shooting out from her hood at violent angles. But she fights with a fury and a passion...

Attachments

• Blacklily Fight.jpg
    Blacklily Fight.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 307

Remove ads