• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Wik

First Post
Round Three

Round Two:
Pendrake = 24 Shield of Faith= +2 AC; 7 rounds remain Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear
Aiken = 22 Shield of Faith= +2 AC; 7 rounds remain Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear -2/19 DYING.
Goblins (4) = 19.
#1 - DEAD
#2 - DEAD
#3 - 4 damage
#4 -DEAD
Cepheus = 14+ Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear
Ceph's Summoned Wolf= 2 rounds remain Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear
Barghest "Chief" = 14 2 damage
Solange = 13 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear17/23
Celestial Dog: 13 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear
Hukk = 12 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear

Pendrake's blow is about to be deflected by the goblin's shield as Solange's spell takes effect. The goblin's shield seems to slow - or did Pendrake's attack speed up? - and his sword gets by. The attack slashes across the goblin's chest, and leaves a gash in the armour. The goblin stumbles, but doesn't fall, still standing due to the sheer rage that burns in his veins.

Aiken, however, is able to use the distraction to run his blade straight through the goblin's back. Pendrake is surprised to see a few inches of metal protruding from the goblin's lung, and sees the dark shape of Aiken grinning behind the goblin. The dark rain hammers down on the goblin as it slides to the ground.

Goblin #3, the archer, again loads it's crossbow and aims at Solange. The bolt hits Solange in the stomach, but seems to have been dull (A=21; D=2). Nevertheless, the wound is enough to leave her a bit stunned.

Cepheus sees this archer take a shot, and fires back. The shot hits, but doesn't seem to cause much harm to the sniper... perhaps it ricocheted off the stone building?

The wolf summoned by Ceph charges the transforming chief, and makes a solid Bite (A=23; D= 2) ;Crit unconfirmed (A=17) that could have been much more lethal. Instead, the wolf's teeth don't even break the demonic goblin's skin.

The goblin "chief", transformed, lets out a howl at the unseen moon, and charges Aiken, ready to rip him limb from limb - completely ignoring the snarling wolf now behind him.

The beast makes a vengeful bite, and also rakes long claws across Aiken's face, leaving burning streaks that stream with fresh blood.
(Full Attack. A=20; D=6. A=17; D=5. One claw attack missed) The blow fells Aiken, who sprawls out on the cobblestones; unmoving.

It is at this moment that Solange realizes she is facing a Barghest... a demonic goblin/wolf hybrid that is a true terror. She also knows what it means as the barghest licks it snout with a snake-like tongue and bends down to finish poor Aiken off... Should he die tonight, his soul will be devoured along with his flesh, Zephos be damned.

Solange can still go, here.

Hukk, upon seeing Aiken fall, shouts with fury. A moment after the barghest licks it's lips, a Sling Stone (A=18; miss) bounces harmlessly off the barghest's head. it turns to regard Hukk calmly, and chuckles before returning it's gaze to Aiken...

Meanwhile, the fight on the ship rages on. A few more goblins fall, as the wizard Riffer zaps another with his electric wand, and the swordmistress slices one more. But the press of goblin bodies is enough to bring two blacklilies down under the weight of goblin arms and bow fire.

Attachments

• Blacklily Fight.jpg
    Blacklily Fight.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 214

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc[ i see no goblin between where Aiken and Pendrake stand...i am guessing his sight of the "steel protruding through the lung" means the goblin is dead? if so: ]/ooc[

Pendrake screams a growl of rage at the Berghest/goblin's felling of Aiken

geen mijn broer u bent nog te jong om in slag te vallen!!!
[sblock=translation]no my brother, you are yet too young to fall in battle!!![/sblock]
He leaps 5' NW and 5' N to attack the Berghes (flanking with the puppy dog!)

Halina, vergeeft me van mijn woede, maar gevallen ligt hulpeloos! In naam van Halina u dier bevuilt, verzend ik u!!!

[sblock=more translation]Halina, forgive me of my anger, but a fallen one lies helpless!

In the name of Halina you foul beast, i dispatch you!!![/sblock]
activating Feat; dodge vs Berghest
The Attack with Ilk's bane:
Attack on the berghest (1d20+10=22, 1d8+3=8)
]ooc=sneaky suspicion[for some reason i smell dr here and good ac....]/ooc[

The northerner has seemed to forgotten the local dialect in the heat of battle for he is now speaking his native tongue as he comes to the rescue of his fallen comrad. he is not too sure of what the goblin to his left will do, but he feels that the demonic creature is a great threat to all and must be dealt with swiftly!!!

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Round Three

Round Three:
Pendrake = 24 Shield of Faith= +2 AC; 6 rounds remain Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear Dodge vs. Barghest, +1 AC
Aiken = 22 Shield of Faith= +2 AC; 6 rounds remain Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear 7/19 Prone
Goblins (4) = 19.
#1 - DEAD
#2 - DEAD
#3 - 4 damage Fleeing
#4 -DEAD
Cepheus = 14+ Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear
Ceph's Summoned Wolf= 1 round remains Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear 3/13 hp.
Barghest "Chief" = 14 6 damage
Solange = 13 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear17/23
Celestial Dog: 13 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear [i[1 round remains[/i]
Hukk = 12 Bless: +1 Attack rolls and saves vs. fear

Pendrake charges forward, and brings Ilk's Bane down upon the Barghest's head. It would be a killing blow, but it seems the hard skin of the creature causes the blade to only barely bite into the barghest's skin (yup, it has DR).

Aiken bleeds on the ground, his blood mixing with the gouts of dirty rainwater running freely over the cobblestones.

The goblin archer sees that the chief is handling things, and catches the chief's eye. They exchange a nod, and the ghoblin archer limps off, grabbing it's side. It has obviously been hurt, and is fleeing to safety.

Cepheus no longer has a target that fits the description, so I'm gonna say he fires at the chief. However, even with the bless, the attack doesn't hit - Pendrake's body seems to block the shot as the two forms dance around one another.

Cepheus' summoned hound takes a bite at the barghest, but is kicked away with a yelp.

The bargest turns to the summoned dog, and bears down on it, biting it with a blood-stained maw and slashing at it with ferally long claws.

Barghest Attack on Summoned Wolf (1d20+9=18, 1d6+3=7, 1d20+4=7, 1d4+1=2, 1d20+4=20, 1d4+1=3) 10 damage, total. The wolf lets out a wild yelp of pain, as the Barghest licks it's snout hungrily.

[sblock=ooc Solange]
Where are you getting these numbers for the dog? It should have an attack of +3, even when smiting (as it has no charisma modifier). The +5 mystifies me. Also, Celestial Dogs don't get a free trip attack; wolves do)
[/sblock]

The Celestial dog gets a firm bite during the round before, and a second bite that doesn't harm the beast. The first bite hurts - 6 points of damage (reduced to 1) - the most damage the beast can inflict.

Solange is able to grab Aiken, and pull him backwards while she heals him. Aiken's eyes flutter open, and he has to blink to keep the rain out.

Hukk fires his sling at the barghest once more, but the stone misses, whistling through the air. "Tomas! It's me! We're here to rescue you!" Hukk shouts loudly.

Another bolt of lightning strikes, and it seems Tomas hears naught. But then, he catches Hukk's eye, and starts to skulk to the aft of the ship, climbing up the deck. He seems to be clutching something to his chest.

Attachments

• Blacklily Fight.jpg
    Blacklily Fight.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 299

Remove ads