• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel of the Iron Crown - Burglars in Mirkwood

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't know," Aranel tells Ulfang. "It's one of many riddles with these hobbits, though possibly one of the more vital ones. I was hoping that Thalion, once he's done with Baran, might be able to help answer that question."

She nods with gratitude to Thalion, and stands clear to let him work, or pass by to see Baran.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Thalion Heal on Mythia (1d20+7=19)
And Kallo is outside, waiting or hunting.

Thalion inspects the stoor carefully.

When Baran finally answers, Thalion, stands and heads over to the door.

"I see dwarves are dwarves and have no manners whether they dwell under stone or leaf. But I have come Dwarf, seeking you out in particular my bearded friend. No one summoned me, rather I was asked to seek you out. To find you, and warn you, and yes even to save you." replies Thalion, leaning on his intricately carved staff.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
EDIT: forgot to paste this bit :

Thalion, stands and heads over to the door.

Belly raises her head up and sniff with interrest.

Back to the original post:
Fenris said:
"I see dwarves are dwarves and have no manners whether they dwell under stone or leaf. But I have come Dwarf, seeking you out in particular my bearded friend. No one summoned me, rather I was asked to seek you out. To find you, and warn you, and yes even to save you." replies Thalion, leaning on his intricately carved staff.
"Huh." The dwarf in question drinks in the Healer from bottom to top, settling finally on the eyes at faraway summit. "Let's hear it then..."

<Response Thalion?>

<OOC: Hey there Fenris, what does Thalion look like this fair evening? Face-wise that is.
Dave, throwing in a Spot for the hell of it : anything of note? Clues as to travel length, speed, origin?

[SBLOCK=Baran looks Thalion over]
an average 19
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1617598/[/SBLOCK]
<During the explanation:
Baran flicks a glance Handel's way, to see if *he* gets the leafy joke.

<Reaction Hobbit?>

Binder Fred, working late.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Thalion is a tall, thin elf. His face possess the serenity of the Eldar, but his eyes tell a deeper story, one few know.

"Word has come to me that there are many wanderers seeking you. They scour the land. Looking for you. A foul vapor spreads across this land, it is poisoning Greenwood and it is no longer safe for you. I see the you have captured several perrianath, they are but the first of many. They were sent by Him. What was it they wanted?"
asks Thalion

Binder Fred

Fenris said:
OOC: Thalion is a tall, thin elf. His face possess the serenity of the Eldar, but his eyes tell a deeper story, one few know.

<OOC: What is the length and style of his hair? Oh, <virtual Baran leans forth, veery interrested> and what patterns/themes are on the "intricate carvings" of the staff...? As a matter of fact, let's do a Know-wooden artifacts, Dave, if you please.

[SBLOCK=Know roll] Take 10... or take 20 if he's had the chance to examine it close and numerous times before. It also comes to me that Baran should probably get a + 2 synergy bonus to his Know-Wooden artifacts from his Craft-Wood skill. Sounds good?[/SBLOCK]
Fenris said:
"Word has come to me that there are many wanderers seeking you. They scour the land. Looking for you. A foul vapor spreads across this land, it is poisoning Greenwood and it is no longer safe for you. I see the you have captured several perrianath, they are but the first of many. They were sent by Him. What was it they wanted?"
Fenris said:
asks Thalion
Like chewing through clouds, as always. Baran flicks a glance Handel's way, to see if *he* gets the leafy joke. "Seems a mighty bit of trouble for a simple woodcutter... 'my lord'." Or is he a king after all?

Binder fred, chinese curses for all occassions.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"That may indeed be true. But even a simple stone play s a larger role when placed in an arch. But motives here are less important than time, and of that we have very little. You have been summoned to the Lonely Mountain, and I am to bring you there." replies Thalion.

Binder Fred

The 'simple woodcutter' feels his gut tighten even has heartmuscles increase their beat in his not-inconsiderable chest : "Thran- The Elvenking sends for *me*?!"

Crazed thieves after the family knick knacks : fair enough, certainly can't disagree with their taste. Kings and summons and hurrying about... now *that* is going a bit too far! Those sort of people tend to croud out all the good stuff, don't you know : hard work, the hand crafts, the small deeds and the small people that make a life worth living... Doesn't do much for the 'quietly' part of the Enterprise either!

<OOC: Hair and staff, Fenris?

Binder Fred, the inner dwarf.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Thalion has long silver hair, currently flowing down over his shoulders. His staff is made of a beautiful white wood, that I'll let Dave decide if you know. ;)

Thalon looks at Baran "Thranduil?" Thalion starts laughing. "No, oh no master dwarf. The King of Mirkwood, does not, to my knowledge, need or desire anything of you. No my bearded friend, the birds of the north have sent me. The thrushes, friends to the dwarves for countless years, though few of your people still speak with them. It is they who have sent me to tell you of the foul vapor that creeps across the land. And it is they who have told me to bring you to the Lonely Mountain, for there lies salvation."

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Spoiler/Binder_Fred]INT roll failed, so no knowledge of 'her'.
anything of note? Clues as to travel length, speed, origin?
Very hard to read Elves at the best of times. Thalion looks spry and healthy, though, as Fenris mentioned, his eyes tell some unbidden tale Baran cannot begin to guess at. There is more than the usual immortal wisdom in those eyes. Unusually, for an Elf, Baran thinks it may be akin to melancholy.

Take 10... or take 20 if he's had the chance to examine it close and numerous times before. It also comes to me that Baran should probably get a + 2 synergy bonus to his Know-Wooden artifacts from his Craft-Wood skill. Sounds good?

Sure. General ID for the take 10 (he hasn't encountered Thalion or seen the staff close up enough for a take 20). If Baran wants more specific ID, a roll please with the aforementioned synergy.

It's unidentifiable to the dwarf. The white, strangely knotted wood displays none of the properties of local timber, nor indeed any of the more exotic woods Baran is familiar with. Patterns and so on are typical flowery/celtic Elvish runes and such, of the ilk commonly familiar to Middle-Earth imagery. The dwarf's guess would be that the staff is some kind of Elven artefact. To be feared, possibly, as a magical thing. Its powers are unknown.[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=OOC Spoiler/Fenris]Mythia has a fractured skull. Thalion can feel the raised contours of the fracture running from the top of her forehead to a spot just above her right eye. The cut is superficial, but the fracture could be dangerous.[/SBLOCK]

Binder_Fred said:
<During the explanation:
Baran flicks a glance Handel's way, to see if *he* gets the leafy joke.
The Hobbit remains silent and still looks a little dazed. He shows no signs of good humour.

Binder Fred

<OOC: Dave, does Baran's clan/family have past association with thrushes? If none known, go with the following :

"Ah... O' course... Silly me." Relief flooding, muscles relaxing; hard not to let out a few barks of his own laughter, actually... "And - hm -" Baran leans forth, "Alright, let's cut to the chase : I ain't convinced. Why were you? ...'my lord'."

[SBLOCK=OOC Dave] Let's go for the specific ID for the staff, please. Baran is most interested in two things. 1) Could he learn anything technique-wise from the maker(s) of the staff? and 2) does this white material have any interresting properties he could use? Who the maker(s) were could be nice to know too (a school at least).

21!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1619477/[/SBLOCK]

Binder Fred, the shortest path between two points.

Remove ads