• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel of the Iron Crown - Burglars in Mirkwood

Dlsharrock

First Post
OOC
The free-time only applies to posting turns. In-game, everything has a place in the ongoing timeline of course.

My suggestion at this point:
Aranel opens the door to the bedroom as Baran is preparing to ask his next two questions. She confers with them and lets them know the female Stoor Hobbit is opening up. No mention was made that Aranel reveals Handel is actually Smeagar, nor any of the other details revealed by Mythia, including her name, so the assumption should be the others still don't know this IC.

Just then there comes a knock at the door. Being the only one present, and closest to the door, Gellion opens it. Ulfang and Aranel head back into the main room to check on the door, both presumably expecting a reprisal or rescue attack by the escaped Stoor Hobbits.

Gellion therefore stands aside for both Ulfang (greeted with 'you do not appear to be the dwarf I seek') and Aranel (who greets Thalion accordingly with 'Your arrival is fortuitous. If you can spare the time, when your business with the dwarf is complete, I would ask a favor of you.')

BIC

Q1
What *else* have you gathered for him?"

"Hhhhhhhssss" the sound, bileful and throaty, is a laugh they realise. "Many many things. We is the best burglars in all the far lands. Sneaky and clever, we is. And I'm the sneakiest of them all, yes, yes."
(Reliability: 50% the part about stealing many things could be true, while the part about his being the sneakiest of them all is probably just a groundless boast).

Q2

How important is that scroll/Handel&co to Him?

"Oh," the Stoor chuckles, clearly relishing the fact that Ulfang has quit the room. His malignant eyes burrow into Baran's and his voice rasps with malevolent glee "Its important alright. Yes, yes. Very important. Many others wants it. Not just *him*. Many wants it. Many will takes it. It's... precious. Yes, yes, that's it. Very precious, my love. Very precious indeed."
(Reliability: 45%. Baran isn't so sure. This one has a track record for bare faced lies. But Aerec thinks that natural, relaxed aspect of the Hobbit's manner has returned and believes he may be telling some level of the truth).

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Fenris/Shayuri OOC]OOC: Yes, they both hail from Thranduil's court in northern Mirkwood, though Aranel knows Thalion to be in a state of self-imposed exile. Thalion has visited the logging camp several times before, to heal work related injuries, so he'll be aware that Aranel is on some kind of active duty here. He may not have seen her in the camp, but he will know of her from his time in the woods. It's also likely their paths have crossed a few times in the woods. The extent of their friendship I leave up to you guys.[/SBLOCK]

Fenris

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
"Thalion," Aranel says, surprised. "Your arrival is fortuitous. If you can spare the time, when your business with the dwarf is complete, I would ask a favor of you."

Thalion greets Aranel "I am glad to see you well among Men here Aranel. I would grant you what favor I can should I have the power to do so." replies

Shayuri

First Post
A little relieved...she was never completely sure just how far Thalion's retreat from other elves would go...Aranel bows her head gratefully to him.

"Baran is in the other room. He's captured a pair of perrianath. Apparently they tried to steal some scroll from him...and they relate to the favor I ask too. One of them has a strange mark on her forehead; one I've never seen before, but...well, I would appreciate it if you'd take a look at her before you leave."

She doesn't add maybe you'll remember it, but the words hang silently in the air between them.

renau1g

First Post
Fenris said:
Thalion looks at Ulfang as Gellion cedes the door to him.

"You do not appear to be the dwarf I seek."
adds the elf with a wry smile.

Ulfang will extend one of his strong, beefy hands out to greet the newcomer. "No, I'm not the dwarf, my temperment's to nice. He's tied up right now, but he'll be free shortly" Ulfang replies to the newcomer.

Fenris

Adventurer
renau1g said:
Ulfang will extend one of his strong, beefy hands out to greet the newcomer. "No, I'm not the dwarf, my temperment's to nice. He's tied up right now, but he'll be free shortly" Ulfang replies to the newcomer.

Thalion looks at Ulfang quizzically "So the dwarf is tied up with the perrianath? I thought this was his dwelling?" he replies to Ulfang somberly taking his hand.

Turning to Aranel, Thalion adds "I shall of course look at it. But why are perrianath this deep in Greenwood?"

Dlsharrock

First Post
Gellion squeezes round back of the towering Ulfang and backs toward the bedroom door, "uh... I'll just go and get..." he jerks his thumb toward the door.

Opening the door, he peers in, "foreman Baran? Thal... um... the Elf healer is at your door. He says he's looking for a.. um.. Dwarf. Sorry... urm... that is, I assumed he meant you.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Dlsharrock said:
"Hhhhhhhssss" the sound, bileful and throaty, is a laugh they realise. "Many many things. We is the best burglars in all the far lands. Sneaky and clever, we is. And I'm the sneakiest of them all, yes, yes."
"Hmmm," The dwarf crosses his not-inconsiderable arms. "Other ones must have been.. easier then."

1. What else have you gathered for him? take II.

Dlsharrock said:
"Don't worry Baran, I'll get it. This one still owes you some more information. I'll be back," Ulfang says as he exits the room and goes to answer the door.
Good man. The foredwarf hitches up his metaphorical sleeves and dives right back into it.

<OOC: Last one before the interrupt?

Dlsharrock said:
"Oh," the Stoor chuckles, clearly relishing the fact that Ulfang has quit the room. His malignant eyes burrow into Baran's and his voice rasps with malevolent glee "Its important alright. Yes, yes. Very important. Many others wants it. Not just *him*. Many wants it. Many will takes it. It's... precious. Yes, yes, that's it. Very precious, my love. Very precious indeed."
Baran bares his teeth, leaning into it : "You can't use it, and neither can he! You don't have the knowhow, laddy."

2. What do you know about the scroll?

Dlsharrock said:
Opening the door, [Gellion] peers in, "foreman Baran? Thal... um... the Elf healer is at your door. He says he's looking for a.. um.. Dwarf. Sorry... urm... that is, I assumed he meant you."
"Not me that's injured," brushes off the one in question without breaking locked gaze with his... dinner companion. "His patient is the girl, three paces left, six frontwise."

Who was it that sent for *him*? The Van boy, probably.

Binder Fred, Well, at least he's talking. :)

Last edited:

Dlsharrock

First Post
Q1
What else have you gathered for him? (take II.)

The Stoor Hobbit chuckles and, if not for the fact his hands were securely tied, Aerec and Baran get the distinct feeling he'd probably rub his hands together with glee at this point. "Ooooh. Lots of things. Bits and bobs from the woodses. Hobbitses are quick, hobbitses are quiet. We of the Glad are softer with our footsysteps than those silly Elveses, yes, yes. We takes from them, and from *her*. Heheha, she thinks she can keep all her tricksy things for herself, but we takes them and gives them to the master." The grin fails suddenly and the Stoor's eyes flicker from side to side. "No. No. Mustn't mention the master" he fixes Baran with a stare, though the eyes are boring straight through him, seeing something else, "the smelly Dwarf forgets I said it. The master wouldn't be happy. Not happy one bit. Not now..."
(Reliability: 90%. When the Stoor tells the truth he gives away so much in terms of body language it's becoming increasingly obvious to Aerec and Baran which parts are lie, which parts pointless boast and which parts true. They both believe most of his words in this instance ring true).

Q2

What do you know about the scroll?

"Many wants it" the Stoor seems to be in a bit of a daze. Baran has shifted away so the eyes aren't fixed unseeingly upon him, the Stoor's gaze didn't go with him and is now fixed on the wall. "It's precious, to *him*. To give it to him would have been..." the eyes widen, "oooh, such a special treat, like as if it was my Birthday. Yes, yes. But not now. Not now. Now is not my Birthday. Now is my Deathday!" Unaccountably, the Hobbit suddenly bursts into tears, wailing, "nooooo! So sorry master! So sorry! Pleeease don't let him hurts me! Pleeease don't let him burn or squash me! Oooooh!"
(Reliability: 90% - he's either become a *very* good actor, which would contradict his previous efforts, or he's no longer lying. The general consensus will be that he seems more genuine now than ever).

OOC
Those in the other room will hear the wailing quite clearly coming from the bedroom. The female Stoor looks uneasy and nervous.

Remove ads