Magic Kingdom For Sale* (*Some Assembly Required)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like actions between *asterisks,* thoughts in italics, and speech in "quotes."

Out of Character thread, Rogue's Gallery.

The Hex

Emperor Valerian - Drakkon Cuspis - CG Barbarian 3/Cleric of Kord 6/BondBlade 3

Xael - Rezomael - CG Male Human Wizard 5/Lightning Rod 7

Thanee - Allyra - TN Female Human Wizard 5th/Incantatrix 5th/The Endless 2nd

Nac Mac Feegle - Shal Lightbearer - NG Male Human Cleric of Pelor 5/Forbiddance of the Divine 7

Sephiroth no Miko - Phaeder - NG Male Human Bard 8/Song Ghost 4

Ferrix - Trekt Loreseeker - TN Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Finder of the Lost 5/The Grim 2

Low'verok map (you're going westward)

Inactive Players
Serpenteye - Alessandra - NG Female Human Druid 7/Ancient Mother 5

And now, the story begins...

~~~

The Hex is an adventuring group of some renown, well known for their arcane might as well as their divine strength of arms. They had show themselves capable of handling rogue wizards, young tyrants, even orc hoards. They were skilled in dungeon-delving and cavern-exploration, as well as cross-country travel, mapping, and exploring. They had large entourages of followers to support them, and substantial wealth both from adventuring and careful investing.

Their stock had risen high enough to attract the attention of King Xargo himself. Through his nobles, the king had informed The Hex that he was interested in expanding his borders. It was far easier for him to do so, in the more rugged terrain to the west, by means of a small group than by an army. As a gift for years of battling the enemies of Low'verok, the king has given The Hex domain over hundreds of square miles of virgin wilderness west of Low'verok. In return for taming it and bringing into Low'verok, the king offered complete freedom from taxes for ten years, and very favorable terms afterwards. And The Hex, of course, would be the first to take any of the spoils this new land had to offer.

Right now you're at the border down of Gallis' Hall, the last western outpost. Your followers are preparing the wagons, finishing loading them with supplies, harnessing the horses and mules, latching the extra strings of horses and mules on the back. Herds of cattle mill behind, waiting to be established in the first suitable grazing area you can find.

You're in the town hall with Lord Gallis, the local lord who will be able to help you with any last-minute preparations or trading.

"Did you need any more trade goods or things like that? I know you have plenty of seed, tools, and whatnot, but a few luxury trade items could go a long way if you're trying to pacify some of the locals," he's suggesting, as he helps roll up some of the crude maps gathered from the local rangers.

Last edited:

"I have no need of trade items! My voice of persuasion speaks loudly, through the Strength and Might of Kord on High!" Drakkon will announce rather loudly to anyone around... whether they want to hear it or not. Drakkon tends to speak this way unless the other members of the Hex or Ishkabar shush him.

*His assistant, Ishkabar, is fortuitously in charge of both his own purse and his master's, will smile politely at his master's gaffe. He will then turn to Lord Gallis, and bow politely*

"My Lord, it has been most gracious for you to host us before our journey northward. What trade items do the locals in this wilderness prefer? For all of his... demonstrative ability, I am afraid Master Cuspis might need to get their attention before he lets Kord speak through him."

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“A very good suggestion, sir. Anything, that saves us troubles with the locals would be of great help.”

Allyra waits for Lord Gallis to answer the question, Ishkabar uttered.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I would be thinking that you might want to take some good forged knives or swords, possibly metal arrowheads and whatnot. Metal jewelry and gems might be welcome, as would good cloth. If you have any of the odd objects of art or such that you adventuring types always seem to collect, this might be a good place to use them. Heaven knows that a fairly useless little statue to you could look like someone else's favorite god!" Lord Gallis says, his scribe scribbling notes quickly.

"Metal arrowheads, you say?" *Drakkon will suddenly show interest as the topic of weapons is brought up.*

"Hmm... you say that many of the natives do not have metal weapons? As this is new land, perhaps we should try to keep it that way," Ishkabar will say, before turning to his superior, "That way, you may show them with your bare hands how Kord can increase their blessings tenfold, Master."

*Drakkon will laugh with approval, and after the warrior returns to loading his horse, Ishkabar will turn to the others*

"Being strong in Kord means being strong in mind, as well as body. We do not know how these natives will recieve us... it may be unwise to give them weapons as trading items. Kord would not wish his strength of iron to be used against us. Instead, metal cooking utensils, and other trade items might prove more suitable than metal arrowheads. It will allow them to gain trust in all of us, and we will not have to worry about the metals of Low'verok suddenly sailing back towards us if they are... unhappy at our arrival."

*Ishkabar will then take 25 gold pieces from his master's money, and buy that amount of cooking utensils, moderately well made blankets and clothes, and other trinket goods. These will be stored on his horse... he, as well as Drakkon, intend to walk most of the way*

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
*Shal has a thoughtful look on his face.*

"I would rather trade for a goodly supply of raw metals, iron, bronze and the like. I have many among my followers who can work such materials, and would give the added benefit of teaching the art to the natives, who could then aquire their own ore."

*Shal turns to Tabitha who, being the better fighter has the money on hand.*

"Buy what you can for 75 gold, and see that it is loaded into the wagons."

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
*Phaeder catches the avid gleam of interest from his ghostly companion as he watches Lord Gallis roll up the maps from behind the back of the little group clustered in the town hall.* "Calm down, Anshul," he murmurs very, very quietly to the spirit, "there will be enough time later to pore over them while we're on the road... if they're even serviceable," he adds a little dubiously. "They looked pretty crude."

"If even one of them saves you from floundering in quicksand or running afoul of a bear cave, I would say they've done their job. Besides, we wouldn't want to take all the fun out of exploring now, would we?" Anshul replies good-humoredly. The ghost had been in remarkably good spirits since the start of this expedition, eager for the chance to explore new territory. "...Better get some supplies, whelp. The Lord is right, some gifts and trinkets would sweeten the natives' temper."

*Stepping forward, Phaeder politely asks Lord Gallis,* "Milord, have you any exotic spices or perhaps some fine tobacco, as well?" *Phaeder is looking at items that will please and impress the leaders of the natives and win their goodwill, since his party members seem to have tools and supplies covered.*

[OOC: I will be using silver to for Phaeder's normal speech and slate gray for Anshul's telepathic speech. I'll figure something out for Phaeder's mental speech to Anshul later...]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Also, we could need some more parchment or paper. I'm quite certain we'll have a lot of planning to do,” Allyra suggests.

Serpenteye

First Post
The Crone stands back, an island of calm and certainty in an ocean of enthusiasm. She simply stands there leaning slightly on her cane, more of old habit than actual need, and with an occasional nod and smile she lends her encouragement to her adopted children. They would do well, as they had so many times before, without her guidance. Only when necessity required it would she step in and steer them back on the right course.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Cooking utensils and supplies, as well as raw metal bar stock is purchased, and added to the small mountain of supplies your followers load onto the wagons.*

*Unrolling the maps, your fears are confirmed. The most reliable is still crude and with no scale. You know your "kingdom" stretches at least four hundred miles to the west, and nearly that much north and south. It contains a river, several small streams, a lake, a swamp, a small mountain range, and ridiculous amount of virgin forest. However, it's also full of gnolls, trolls, and giants of various types, and more than once powerful-but-demented arcanist, cultist, or warlord vanished in here. Their legacy could remain behind to trouble you still...*

Attachments

• MagicKingdomMap.JPG
    MagicKingdomMap.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 308

Remove ads