• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gomez's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game: OOC

Vendetta

First Post
My computer seems to finally be dead now.
I'm going to be unable to post as regularly as I once had due to this major inconvience. That PoS computer grrr grrr grrr...

anyway, I will still be running and playing games... just a bit slower is all :(
I'm sorry about this. I hope that in three weeks that I'll get a paycheck that I can devote to buying new computer gear to build a new rig. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.

Gomez

First Post
Let's fast forward a little bit. Let me know here if you want to do anything before heading off to London or what preperations you want to do for the trip.

Jonah Kensington says that he will be a contact person for you if you wish and he gives you $1000 dollars to help fund your investigation. Father Paul will also be available as a contact person as well.

The R.M.S. Mauretania is sailing for Southhampton, England in 2 days. It will be a 4 day trip. A single one way first class ticket is $120. Tourist class is $60.

Make sure to note on your character sheet what items and money that you are taking with you.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Jibril will sell a couplf of his paintings (the proceeds will be the explanation for part of his existing starting money. Hw withdraws from university for the next semester, arranging a temporary leave of absence if possible. Items with him will be noted on his sheet.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Made the notes on the character sheet. I said I was travelling with $1500 (out of the 3700 he has) - didnt know if that was a reasonable amount or how it was done (travelling with cash or a letter of credit from a new york bank to an English bank, etc.)

yangnome

First Post
Father O'Malley checks in with the church authority to gain permission and finances for the trip. I don't imagine it being too big a problem as it coincides with his new upcoming assignment. If funds are still really tight, he will try to contact the shipping company to see if they need a chaplain on board for the duration of the trip...perhaps he can perform services in return for reduced fare.

Gomez

First Post
Ashy said:
How much would one take??? I'm not sure....

Good question. You main expenses are going to be travel costs and lodging. $500 to $1000 dollars can go along way but it really depends on how you want to live. A comfortable hotel will cost you about $5 per night, a good hotel $7 per night, and a deluxe hotel will cost $9 per night. Total dinner costs per day will be around $2. Though you can really skimp on your lodging and food and stretch you dollar. Or you can live high off the hog and pay more.

You can carry cash or bank notes (think travellers check). Though you need to go to a Bank to cash in your bank notes. Depending on where you go you will have to exchange your dollars for the local currancy. You can also wire your bank or someone you know for money. They would then send a bank note to a local telegraph office for you to pick up.

Gomez

First Post
I am still waiting on Andrew D. Gable, Vendetta, and Ashy on what preperations their characters are making for the trip.

Oh, I forgot to mention something! :)
Since we are moving to Chapter 2: London, everyone can LEVEL UP their characters!!!!! :D

Also, Jonah Kensington gives you two contacts of Elias' in London. Mickey Mahoney of The Scoop and Inspector James Barrington of Scotland Yard.

Last edited:

Remove ads