• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Forgotten Realms campaign

Blidboolbop

Here is a sketch of my character, as for concept, tell me more about the adventure and I'll write something

Blidboolbop - moved down

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Before I start building a character, I would perfer to know what kind of game you want to run. I don't want to whip up a combat machine if you intend to run a stealthy intrigue game, nor do I want to make a sly face man if you intend to run a meat grinding game. So, I guess I am in the wait and see mode.

JDragon

Explorer
garlicnation said:
AFter seeing some rolls, I have decided to switch over to point buy. 28 points should be more than good enough. Like I said before, if you munchkin, I will munchkin harder.(read:bad idea)

Bummer, Iwas really liking those rolls I had.

So 28 pt Buy per the DMG right?

Also when you get a chance you only directly answered one of the ?'s I had posted above. Just wanted to check so I know what I'm workin with.

JDragon

garlicnation

First Post
Ok, I have decided to run my homebrew. It is in FR, but you will be doing a lot of planar travel. Expect to have tough roleplay situations as the story is teh most important part of this thing. The start of the adventure is in Arabel, in corymyr and the city is under attack. Designing a smoothtalker will get you out of some sticky situations, and designing a combat madman wil as well. I recommend both in the party even though most situations will require combat skill.

Jdragon: Sorry, I was a bit tired while responding. Psionics are allowed, but anything not in the expanded psionics handbook will need to be posted or emailed to me. Sorry about the change from rolling to point buy. DMG point buy, yes.

Posting guidelines: Post once a day and once a weekend if possible. Put your actions out-of-initiative in sblocks. I will post the combat along with rolls after everyone has said what is going on.

Wrahn: While RP will be very important and there will be a few plot twists along the way, dont expect much mystery or sleuthing.

Shay: Most combat and puzzles will occur outside, because any interesting foe I come up with seems to be large. The only problem with a crafter of things is that you might have some trouble aquiring materials during large portions of the campaign. The master of many forms is great, but if you are in a party with one of those, and a warlock, expect me to be tossing exhausting days at you. You need a nice meatshield for the party, and a master could suffice should we not get a fighter or a barbarian.

Everyone: Just come up with a charachter that will answer a cry for "Strong group of adventurers needed. If you think you can handle a tough situation, head to the brown mare tavern at 8"

Also, if i did not answer a question, please tell me because overlooking things is easy, and, if you could make your charachter sheet something like

(excuse the rollup here. I accidently mixed two or three one day, but it is still a good template)
[sblock]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Mr t
[B]Class:[/B] Artificer
[B]Race:[/B] Warforged
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] TN
[B]Deity:[/B]later

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (10p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 10       [B]XP:[/B] 200
[B]Dex:[/B] 10 +0 (10p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +7         [B]HP:[/B] 8 (6+2)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (6p.)      [B]Grapple:[/B] -2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0/-
[B]Int:[/B] 16 +3 (0p.)      [B]Speed:[/B] 15'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B]  8 -1 (13p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] 15
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (1p.)      [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] n/a

[B]   Base  Armor  Sheild  Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]         10    0      0       +1   +0     +0   +0    11
[B]Touch:[/B] 11               [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10

[B]   Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                0      +2          2
[B]Ref:[/B]                 0      +1          1
[B]Will:[/B]                2      +0          2

[B]Weapon                      Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Light Crossbow               +1       1d8        19-20/x2

[B]Languages:[/B] 
Common
Sidhe
Dwarven

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Wild Surge

[B]Feats:[/B]
Stunning fist
Deflect arrows
Improved disarm
Power attack
Cleave
Greater cleave
Acrobatic

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 20 [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2.0
[B]Skills                      Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise                    0      -1   0     -1
Balance                     0      3    0     3
Bluff                       0      -1   0     -1
Climb                       0      3    2     5
Concentration               15     2    2     19
Craft                       0      -1   0     -1
Diplomacy                   0      -1   0     -1
Disguise                    0      -1   0     -1
Escape Artist               0      3    0     3
Forgery                     0      -1   0     -1
Gather Information          0      -1   0     -1
Heal                        0      4    2     6
Hide                        0      3    0     3
Intimidate                  0      -1   0     -1
Jump                        13     3    16    32
Listen                      0      4    2     6
Move Silently               0      3    0     3
Ride                        0      3    0     3
Search                      0      -1   0     -1
Sense Motive                0      4    2     6
Spot                        0      4    2     6
Survival                    0      4    2     6
Swim                        0      3    2     5
Use Rope                    0      3    0     3

[B]Equipment:                  Cost    Weight  Armor/Shield Bonus[/B]
Monk's garments             N/A     N/A
Unholy symbol, silver       25gp    1lb
Spell component pouch
Amulet of Natural armor     8000gp  n/a
Cloak of Resistance +5      25000gp 1lb
Monk's belt                 13000gp 1lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]67lb      [B]Money:[/B] 2000(most in a bank somewhere)gp 0sp 0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]            67    133   200  400   1000

[B]Age:[/B] 25
[B]Height:[/B] 5'8"
[B]Weight:[/B] 185lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Brown
[B]Hair:[/B] None
[B]Skin:[/B] White

Spells Per Day:
0: 6
1st: 4+1
2nd: 4+1
3rd: 3+1
4th: 3+1
5th: 2+1
[/sblock]

Class and racial abilities.
[sblock]
Racial features:
Luminous Sigils (Su): The sigils that orbit an illumian’s head glow softly, providing illumination equal to that of a candle. Illumians can make their sigils disappear by concentrating for a moment (standard action), but they don't receive the sigils benefits and can’t use any special abilities granted by illuminan words while they’re doused. Restoring the sigils to visibility is a free action.

Glyphic resonance (ex): Illumians are the physical embodiment of a magical language, so they interact strangely with symbol-based spells. This group includes all spells whose names contain the world glyph, rune, sigil, or symbol. When an illuminan encounters such magic, one of two things happens. If the illumines caster level is lower than the caster level of the spell, he takes a -4 penalty to the saving throw. If the illumians caster level is higher, he is immune to the effect.

Power sigil Aesh: +2 bonus on strength chechs and strength-based skill checks
Power sigil Hoon:+2 bonus on wisdon checks, constitution checks, and Wisdon or constitution-based skill checks.

Illumian word “Aeshoon”: twice per day, the illumian can spend a turn or rebuke attempt as a swift action to gain a bonus on weapon damage rolls equal to her Wisdom bonus. This effect lasts until the beginning of her next turn, and it applies only to weapons with which she has selected the weapon focus feat.

Final utterance: UP TO THE DM

+2 racial bonus on saves against spells with the shadow descriptor: the illumines magical heritage is tied to the plane of shadow.

Class features:
Evasion (Ex): At 2nd level or higher if a monk makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a monk is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Fast Movement (Ex): At 3rd level, a monk gains an enhancement bonus to her speed, as shown on Table: The Monk. A monk in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Still Mind (Ex): A monk of 3rd level or higher gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against spells and effects from the school of enchantment.

Ki Strike (Su): At 4th level, a monk’s unarmed attacks are empowered with ki. Her unarmed attacks are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. Ki strike improves with the character’s monk level. At 10th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. At 16th level, her unarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction and bypassing hardness.

Slow Fall (Ex): At 4th level or higher, a monk within arm’s reach of a wall can use it to slow her descent. When first using this ability, she takes damage as if the fall were 20 feet shorter than it actually is. The monk’s ability to slow her fall (that is, to reduce the effective distance of the fall when next to a wall) improves with her monk level until at 20th level she can use a nearby wall to slow her descent and fall any distance without harm.

Purity of Body (Ex): At 5th level, a monk gains immunity to all diseases except for supernatural and magical diseases.

Wholeness of Body (Su): At 7th level or higher, a monk can heal her own wounds. She can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to twice her current monk level each day, and she can spread this healing out among several uses.

Improved Evasion (Ex): At 9th level, a monk’s evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Turn or Rebuke Undead (Su): Any cleric, regardless of alignment, has the power to affect undead creatures by channeling the power of his faith through his holy (or unholy) symbol (see Turn or Rebuke Undead).

A cleric may attempt to turn undead a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. A cleric with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (religion) gets a +2 bonus on turning checks against undead.
[/sblock]

Edit: I will take 6 players tops. Cant handle more than that atm.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Okay, here's my character so. Just missing Feats/Spells/Equipment, but other than, she's basically made [Little busy atm, but should be done by either tonight or tomorrow]. Do we have standard gold for our level? [49,000gp, I believe]

[SBLOCK]
Code:
Name: Riliyana
Class: Cleric 3/Fighter 3/Stoneblessed 3/Hammer of Moradin 1
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: LG
Deity: Moradin

Str: 17 +3 (8p.)	Level: 10	XP: -
Dex: 10 +0 (0p.)	BAB: +8		HP: 6d8+4d10+30
Con: 16 +3 (6p.)	Grapple: +11
Int: 12 +1 (4p.)	Speed: 20'
Wis: 12 +1 (4p.)	Init: +0
Cha: 8  +0 (0p.)	ACP: -0

Base  Armor  Sheild  Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:         10    8      2       +0   +0     +0   +0    20
Touch: 10               Flatfooted: 20
Armor: Full Plate, Lg. Stl. Shield

Cl.	Figh.	Stone.	HoM.	Abil.	Misc	Total
Fort	3	3	3	2	2	2	15
Ref	1	1	1	0	0	0	3
Will	3	1	1	2	1	2	10

Weapon		Attack	Damage	Critical
Warhammer	+11/+6	1d8+3	x3

Languages: 
Common
Dwarven

Abilities:
+2 Appraise and Craft Related to Stone or Metal
+4 AC v. Giants
+1 on attack rolls v. orcs/goblinoids
Considered a Dwarf
Stonecunning
Aura of Courage
Hammer Throw

Spells: 3+1/1+1		Domains: Craft, Dwarf

Feats:
Bonus (Craft: Weaponsmithing)
Bonus (Great Fortitude)
Iron Will

Skill Points: 20 Max Ranks: 4/2.0
Skills			Ranks	Mod	Misc	Total
Appraise		3  	1		4
Concentration		6  	3		9
Craft (Stoneworking)	5  	1		6
Craft (Weaponsmithing)	13 	1	3	17
Intimidate		3  	-1		2
Search			7  	1		8
Spellcraft		8  	1		9

Equipment:                  Cost    Weight  Armor/Shield Bonus

Total Weight: lb      Money: 

Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push
Max Weight:		

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 146lb
Eyes: Tan
Hair: Brown
Skin: White

[SBLOCK=Background]
Born in the northern regions of Faerun, she was found by a Dwarven scouting party lead by a Cleric of Moradin at the age of 3 after an attack by Giants on her village. She doesn't know anything about the village or her parents, though to her, the Dwarves have always been considered her family. An oddity, she learned the ways of the Dwarves and accepted their practices with great. Riliyana always felt touched by the Dwarven Deity Moradin over those of the Human Pantheon and she has taken this belief to a level unheard of by any but devout Dwarves. His teachings are her teachings.

Riliyana grew up fighting alongside the Dwarves against their enemies, the Goblinoids, Drow, and Giants and hates them just as much as if she was a Dwarf. By those in her clan, she is no longer Human, though the lack of beard on her is mentioned in jest. She is a Dwarf to them and in her mind she is as much a Dwarf as any real Dwarf. To hear otherwise would surprise her, though a part of her knows deep down that those words are the truth, but only in physical appearance.

She gained became a well-seasoned warrior in the Dwarven Ranks and when offered membership into the privaleged Hammers of Moradin, she could not deny them. Feeling honored, she accepted and now fights for their cause.

However, shortly after joining the Hammers of Moradin, she has been sent on a mission to help others who are in need of help. As always, she is supposed to uphold the standards of the Hammers of Moradin, but she goes to investigate rumors [and determine whether true or not] about a rising Drow army in the south. In the south, she has not yet heard any signs of Drow, but she has joined a group for increased strength and believes that by fighting at their side, she can gain knowledge and experience to help her further the goals of the Dwarves in the north and Moradin.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Appearance] Riliyana is a seasoned warrior, her body muscular and covered with scars of numerous battles. Each tells a tale she knows by heart. Her hair is dark brown and tied into a warrior's knot behind her head. Her eyes speak of a hardness gleaned only from so much killing, yet there's a softness that speaks of the goodness in her heart.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Personality] Riliyana attempts to enjoy life, but she isn't accustomed to spending time outside of battling and being with the Dwarves. She is rough but tends to be open and honest. Her voice is deep and throaty for a female Human, but almost fitting for a female Dwarf.
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Trying to decide on what sort of spellcaster I'm going to play

1) Master of Illusions, gnome obviously :)

2) Summoner & Master of the Planes (still can't figure out if cleric, wizard or sorcerer or some sort of PrC)

Boombamela - half full character

[sblock=character sheet: ]
Code:
Name: Boombamela
Class: Fey 1 / Rogue 2 / Sorcerer 3
Race: Pixie
Size: Small
Alignment: neutral good

Deity:later

Str:  4 -3     Level: 6               Speed: 20' , Fly 60 feet (good)    
Dex: 26 +8     BAB: +2                HP: 27
Con: 12 +1     Grapple: -5            Dmg Red: 10/cold iron
Int: 18 +4     Init: +11              Spell Res: 21
Wis: 20 +5     ACP: -0                Spell Save: ?
Cha: 16 +3     XP:                    Spell Fail: n/a

Base  Armor  Sheild  Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:         10     0        0     +8   +1     +1   +2     22
Touch: 18               Flatfooted: 12

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                3      +1   +2       6
Ref:                 6      +8   +2      16
Will:                5      +5   +2       12

Weapon:    Attack   Damage   Critical
MW Long Bow +2 of Frost and Flame   +13/+15 vs. Giants   1d6+2,1d6(cold),1d6(fire)   X3

Languages: 
Common Draconic Elven Gnome Halfling Sylvan 

Feats:
Dodge  
Improved Initiative  
Stealthy  
Brew Potion
Evasion (level 2 rouge)

Skill Points: 66 Max Ranks: 9/4.5
Skills                      Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Appraise                    1      4       0      5
Balance                     0      8       2      10 
Bluff                       2      3       0      5
Climb                       0      -3      0     -3
Concentration               9      1       0     10
Craft                       0      4       0      4
Diplomacy                   0      3       0      3
Disguise                    0      3       0      3
Escape Artist               3      8       0     11
Forgery                     1      4       0      5
Gather Information          0      3       0      3
Heal                        1      5       0      6
Hide                        0      8       6     14
Intimidate                  0      3       0      3
Knowledge (arcana)          6      4       0      10
Listen                      4      5       2      11
Move Silently               8      8       2      18
Open Locks                  5      8       0      16
Search                      3      4       2       9
Sense Motive                1      5       0      6
Spot                        5      4       2      11
Survival                    0      5       0       5
Swim                        0     -3       0      -3
Tumble                      5      8      0      13
Use Rope                    0      8       0       8

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
Max Weight:             10    20    30    60   150

Height: 2'11"
Weight: 23lb
Eyes: Silver
Hair: Light Green
Skin: Dark Green
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells: ]
Zero-level Sorcerer spells: 6 per day
Resistance, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Read Magic.
First-level Sorcerer spells: 6 (5+1) per day
Reduce Person, Grease, Color Spray.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Class and racial abilities: ]
Pixie:
-4 strength, +8 dexterity, +6 intelligence, +4 wisdom, +6 charisma (already included)
Fly 60 feet (god)
Low-light vision
Free "dodge" feat
Level adjustment +4
Fey:
Damage reduction 10/cold iron
Greater invisibility
Spell resistance 15+class level
Rogue:
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding
Evasion (level 2)
Sorcerer:
Familiar / Alertness, etc.
Can know only limited numbers of spells
High charisma gains bonus spells daily
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment: ]
bright clothing (a cap and shoes with curled and pointed toes)
Spell component pouch
MW Long Bow +2 of Frost and Flame, +4 Vs. Giants (1d6 fire damage, 1d6 cold damage)
Ring of Protection +2
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Cloak of resistance +2
Hand of the mage
Slippers of spider climbing(enable movement on vertical surfaces or even upside down along ceilings,10 minutes per day)
Wand of Cure moderate wounds 50 charges
Wand of Daylight 50 charges
Bag of holding type I
Total Weight: Money:1420
[/sblock]
[sblock=background: ]
Boombamela was an old wizard's familiar a lot of years, now that her master passed away from old age, she is free to travel back to her kind, but life in the human world seems to be too excited for her to return to the boring forest, luckily for her she obtained new friends in town, the wizard's friends.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads