• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rucks OOC

The Empire said:
As a warning I am giving exp as individuals. This means that if you don’t do any thing you won’t get any exp’s. Also all skill tests with DC are worth there DC in exp damage is worth X2 the amount taken or given. I will do my best to keep track of this and began to post it every month.

For clerics and other casters, I guess they get x2 the amount they heal, and some fixed amount for spells used based on their nature. Is this correct?

TheCrazyMuffinMan said:
For clerics and other casters, I guess they get x2 the amount they heal, and some fixed amount for spells used based on their nature. Is this correct?
I would assume so and if a spell is used then it would have a worth of #xp per level of spell and if it does damage that too and a total creature XP for getting the most out of the creature in question......kills for foes unless outsmarting them or something is a better way to utilize the situation. Allies may also impart experience I believe if dealing with them imparts it........Yet that will probrably be done on a basis to basis

TheEmpire is quick of wit and killing something isn't always the best way to get experience out of it.

As you have noticed he is sneaky and you must not under estimate his sneakiness athough under estimation of the sneakiness is likely. :eek:

Yet, the current situation does call for killing there is little doubt. The Giants didn't necissarily hold any experience for fighting and now they are on our side! :heh: For now anyway.

The Empire

Explorer
How dos this sound for spells a spell is worth double its level in exp. plus any damage dealt or held and DC for spell penetration or whatever but not for making some one save.

I would like to know what you think.

The Empire said:
How dos this sound for spells a spell is worth double its level in exp. plus any damage dealt or held and DC for spell penetration or whatever but not for making some one save.

I would like to know what you think.
What about the important spells that don't do any damage?

Besides the damage XP is already mentioned with Damage delt XP.

You could always use the methods used in the 2ND edition rules for Xp Individual task XP....It reallly is a pretty good XP system and it includes everythign from spells to how much xp rogues get from treasure gaining. But you may want to pick through it and add, subtract what you like and don't like......just saying it may save you loads of time.......If you want a scan let me know.

HGF

On the critical....I only put one roll in the entry so it didn't automatically do the math.....
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1191781

(Natural 20..so a 25 to hit and a 16 to damage I believe after the X3 multiplier to the 4)

Unless I need to have those dice rolled separately. I also forgot about the +20 insight bonus which seems kinda wasted on this roll but it does give a 46 in the attack roll with the critical from the natural 20........assuming the demaon isn't already dead it should be soon as I hit!....I hope it doesn't explode! It is a littel one after all.

Last edited:

Revision time...

There is going to be a slight revision to the methods used on this and ICC thread so we can have things go smoother. On the positive side there will be more to do so checking the threads more often will be a good idea yet I am not sure what all TheEmpire has in mind we will most likely separate the ICC and OCC abit better and multiphase the rounds a little more..Just thought you guys might want a heads up on the current situation.

Perhaps we could put all the math stuff and Out of character issues such as game data like initiatives and the like here and link to the other page on ICC for the in character stuff and link back to the OCC on the relavent ICC post....

I don't really know what is going to be done and am just posting some suggestions to smooth out the method for ease of play and more fun all around without too much unsightlyiness or frustration.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for ease of play?
Attack of OP vs Demon just out of window. The first one the second was a mistake because that is worked out now.
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1213044

Last edited:

The Empire

Explorer
Perhaps after this combat I could start a combat thread were all combat is done on it round by round. But I think with only one demon left and only one or two rounds left there is not much point in starting it until the next fight. As soon as the fight is done I will give exp to every one as well. I think a solution to the combat besides a thread just for it is to tack every thing by initiative.(rolling initiative posting them and then action and or statements in order with attacks and damage on them) but if any one has any ideas I’m open for suggestion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads