• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[VtR] [OOC] Born into Darkness

Graf

Explorer
I will be delayed or prevented from posting extensively today by work/etc commitments.

Which is fine, since you don't need me really.
I'll see if I can update Biggs if as he pokes around the house but everyone else doesn't (I think) require any ST intervention.

Nice isn't so chatty, (read: is staring off into space watching Diego/Beth). If you don't say anything he doesn't say anything.

Archer/Cole can transition themselves down to the waiting car and off to the mansion. (conveniently there are two elevators coming up to this floor, because LB did just lose it on the way down and it's not operative anymore).

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
OK. Got about an hour. Need to address something related to Cole's prelude.

Basically I'm gonna stop it. Because the same information is about to come up in character with Archer. I'd have to "Pause" that section to try to run Cole. Which would be weird.

Instead we'll just merge it with the existing game stream (i.e. feed info to Archer).

Blood, sorry I didn't email you. The email you gave me doesn't seem to work (or I have it down wrong or something).
Email me through EnWorld if you like; I'll be able to respond to that.

Graf

Explorer
No such thing as an "early" post

War just (indirectly) asked something I think is worth addressing (however briefly).

There is basically no such thing as posting "too early" in an online game (IMHO).
Example: When Diego first appeared on the thread his first post had him walk a half a klick up a hill past, two characters and do something (knock on the door).
He only did the first part of his posted action. Was his post bad? No, it was great. It told me what Only wanted Diego to do, how he did it, etc.

There is no real way that he could have known that Beth & Nice were in the way, etc. etc.

But giving me lots of info about what Diego wanted to do was perfect and if the plot had been "Diego walks up to the house, deals with a creepy butler and sits around for a half an hour" then it would have been a perfectly detailed (and we wouldn't have lost a day real time getting Diego to the important part of the story).

Likewise, it's entirely possible that (in the current combat) Biggs wouldn't have been surprised and won initiative. In that case it would have been great to know his intentions and War's post would have been "right on time".

So there's no such thing as "too early".

[sblock=Random Aside]
I'm getting a bit tired of all this Predator's Taint stuff though. Its a big part of playing the game I suppose, but with groups of more than a few people the odds are very high that someone is gonna fail.
Still it encourage a degree of caution when meeting new vampires for the first time.[/sblock]

WarShrike

First Post
So it's only the first time then? That's cool, i'd hate to have to check frenzy with my coterie every time i came back from taking a piss. :p

Graf

Explorer
Essentially correct.

The predator's taint happens every time you see another vamp. It's like auto-detect for vamps. But you only check for frenzy the 1st time. After that your Beast knows their Beast so to say and you both snarl and move on.

Obfuscate ** blocks this. You can't ID other vamps on sight and they don't trigger frenzy.

And if their blood potency is higher than yours you fight a fear frenzy instead.
(unless you have Protean *, I think)

Graf

Explorer
WarShrike said:
So it's only the first time then? That's cool, i'd hate to have to check frenzy with my coterie every time i came back from taking a piss. :p
That would actually be kind of funny.
For a one - shot.
A short one-shot.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm a little confused now, and don't want to post until I understand better. Since Beth is in a frenzy, am I supposed to post for her, or are you going to take her through the frenzy and then give her back to me?

Graf

Explorer
industrygothica said:
I'm a little confused now, and don't want to post until I understand better. Since Beth is in a frenzy, am I supposed to post for her, or are you going to take her through the frenzy and then give her back to me?
Basically the latter.

Hopefully the OOC post in the other thread can help clear up why. (i.e. because it makes the difference between "riding the wave" and completely succumbing more distinct).

Plus, you know, in frenzy you don't really get any say, or the ST has total veto power, so it seems somewhat cruel/dumb to say "sure you can post, but you have to post whatever I decide".

Oh and if somebody frenzies and attacks another player it's more 'clear' that it's an involuntary action if I'm posting.

We're just waiting for Diego now really. Because I have no idea whether he'd be gettin popcorn to watch or jumping in to help/hinder someone.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Graf said:
Basically the latter.

Hopefully the OOC post in the other thread can help clear up why. (i.e. because it makes the difference between "riding the wave" and completely succumbing more distinct).

Plus, you know, in frenzy you don't really get any say, or the ST has total veto power, so it seems somewhat cruel/dumb to say "sure you can post, but you have to post whatever I decide".

Oh and if somebody frenzies and attacks another player it's more 'clear' that it's an involuntary action if I'm posting.

We're just waiting for Diego now really. Because I have no idea whether he'd be gettin popcorn to watch or jumping in to help/hinder someone.

That's about what I figured - I suppose my real question was, "If you're taking control, when are you gonna tell me what she does?" But you answered that one too, so I'll sit back patiently and wait.. :) Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads