OOC - [Epic] - Scions of the Endless Falls - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
You all belonged to a world known as the Endless Falls. It was a world of great extremes, infinately high mountains, impossibly deep seas, cities that represented the greatest and worst of humanity. In the center of your world was the place where all the waters ran, and fell down the Endless Falls. Here was the place where one could lift out magic, power, creativity, and the raw stuff that dreams are made of. All of you bathed in the Falls, and became the most powerful people of your world. You made cities, or perhaps only controlled one behind the scenes. Maybe you moved mountains, or created your own magical lair in a hollow peak and delved into the mysteries of creation. Perhaps you wiped out a whole race, only to build them up again in your image. Whatever your desires, you could make them, for you were like unto gods in your world.

But such power breeds jealousy from evil powers, and alarm from the good powers. "Mortals were not meant to have such power, they have spirialed too high, too fast!" the gods cried, for the Endless Falls was one of the worlds left over from the time of creation. Few had bothered to control it, and indeed, some looked upon it with pride. But with your rise to ascension, came fear. In a holocaust of fire, blood, water, and lightning, the world of the Endless Falls came to an end.

Only you few survived. Representing the great power of your world, you are all that remain of the Endless Falls. You represent the highest and the lowest, the best and worst of your world. Some are benevolent, some cruel, but all of you share the bond of being the last of your kind. The gods tried to destroy you out of fear. And by hook or by crook, fair means or foul, this must be redressed.

Character Creation Rules

3.5 rules

30th level

Roll for stats using http://www.vacuumelemental.com/ 4d6 drop the lowest. If your stats are too low for your liking, lemme look and I'll see if you can re-roll

443,000 XP

Starting gold - 4,300,000gp

No epic spellcasting/psionics (too much of a hassle)

Races allowed - from PHB, Savage Species, MM II & III, Fiend Folio, Tome of Horrors I & II, Expanded Psionic Handbook, Book of Vile Darkness/Exalted Deeds, Primeval Groves (Goodman Games), Creatures of the Endless Dark (Goodman Games), Creatures of the Boundless Blue (Goodman Games), as well as from Dragon magazine #277-#321. Animal companions and familiars can be lifted from these sources as well.

Classes allowed - only standard. If you have a really smashing idea for one of the OA classes (or races), run it by me first. I may allow some alternate classes from Unearthed Arcana if you have a really smashing character concept.

Feats, prestige classes, equipment, spells, and whatnot can be drawn from core books, Book of Vile Darkness/Exalted Deeds, BoEM I, II, and III, BoHM I and II, Savage Species, Manual of the Planes, Planar Handbook, Expanded Psionic Handbook, Hyperconsciousness, all splatbooks, Arms and Equipment Guide, as well as from Dragon magazine #277-#321. My own prestige classes will also be allowed (link in the sig).

I reserve the DM's right to veto anything.

You'll note that none of the Forgotten Realms books are on this list. That is deliberate.

[In addition, if anyone wants to play an awakened air element gelatinous cube, let me know.]

In addition, let's keep the cohorts to a minimum, because keeping track of the abilities of epic level characters is hard enough as it is.

I'm expecting a wild array of characters, from the vile to the exalted, magical to the monsterous. However, you must all have a taste for power, and a willingness to work together. Some of your number may have gone off on their own quests to restore your world, and may join you from time to time (which is how I will move alternates in if necessary). Some of you may hate each other, but heck, you're stuck with each other. There may be some tension-filled roleplaying, but no intra-party killing or maiming (physically or mentally).

Scions of the Endless Falls

Ferrix - Sigrún, The Architect - N Male Elan Psion 10/Constructor 20

Wrahn - Rahveon “Mountain Shaker” - CG Male African Elephant Anthropomorphic Animal ECL 1 /Monstrous Humanoid 3 /Bard 2 /Holy Liberator 2 /Barbarian 12 /Dragon Disciple 10

Kelleris - Arion Kietsudoku - CG Male Half-fey/Half-human Bard 22, Ex-Assassin 5, Duelist 1 (3.0), Shadowdancer 1

Zack2216 - Su'ryuu Millixon - LE Female Human Half Red Dragon Wilder 28

Characters and Players on Hiatus

Kangaxx - Pilmer Blurwind - NE Male Halfling Rogue 3/ Wizard 5/ Archmage 4/ Arcane Trickster 18

TheOneAboveAll - Solarion, Scion of the Phoenix, "Dread of the unholy" - LG Trumpet Archon ECL 8/Outsider 12/Cleric 6/Hierophant 3/Contemplative 1

perivas - Caira Greenleaf - NG Female Dryad Cleric 5/Alienist 7/Thaumaturgist 4/Cosmic Descryer 9 with cohort Loudbark Laughingoak (Cohort) - NG Male Treant Barbarian 4/Fighter 4/Ranger 3

Alternate list

Rikandur Azebol - Tsunami - LG Female Maug Fighter 25
hafrogman
Gideon
DemonAtheist - deep dwarf fighter 12/barbarian 18
LazarusLong42 - Epic bard
Serpenteye - arcane caster or psion
Xael - Wizard/Mystic Theurge, possible lich
Dalamar - Grug (flesh-eating Troll fighter)
Orichin - Raia Artos-Sari (succubus, NE, 6 hd outsider, +6 lvl adjustment, 8 levels ranger, 10 levels mortal hunter)
Mad Hatter

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Zack2216, your character is the closest to completion, and so you will replace Kangaxx. Allow me to write him out of the story here, and you'll be coming in shortly.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
No palaces then.

I were just joking, dear DM. Sorry. :p

But from the other hand ... what would stop me form making a palace on my own ? I have the skills and materials are easy to provide. :]

And to be serious, in case that Tsunami would fell in battle, wich I don't mind for this is the counted in her profession, could I create an alternate for her ? Say her archnemesis, a vile creature of darkness walking by name Vilexica Voidsiren ... a blight upon the world, a succubus having Fiend of Possesion, Fiend of Blasphemy, Fiend of Corruption and rudiments of Ur-Priest "prestige" classes ? :heh:

With dissaperance of Pilmer, group might lack a really bad guy. Who will make sure the job is done. ;)

Wrahn said:
When Rahveon reached the 10th level of Dragon Disciple he took on the Half Dragon Template, most of the bonuses for which he had already gathered over the previous levels.

Why this is important is the half dragon template does weird things to racial hit dice and I am not sure it is retroactive. It increases Racial Hit Dice by one step (so Rahveons Monstrous Humanoid become d10s or 4 more hit points) and increases the number of skill points granted by those hit dice to 6 (24 more skill points all of which are going to be cross class skills as Elephant man race only gives Spot and Listen which are already maxed). There is also the issue of wings which on a large creature provide x2 land movement as opposed to the dragon disciple wings which give land movement. (see what happens when I think too much...)

Edit: Looked like I was saying I had already made these changes, I am asking if I should.

Wrahn ... don't mess with Your nice elefant-drake anymore, please. 3,5 Dragon Disciple PRC doesn't change Your HD. It only changes Your type to dragon. And on the epic lvl increases natural armour and breath weapon significantly. If You don't want Dragon Disciple PRClass, simply petition Isida for permission of changing Your PC int normal half-dragon. And any excess levels invest in reasonable class, say Fighter. :p

And if You feel that Rhaveon is too complicated ... simplify him ! :cool:
I offer my help, as little as it may be, just ask question.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Rikandur Azebol said:
And to be serious, in case that Tsunami would fell in battle, wich I don't mind for this is the counted in her profession, could I create an alternate for her ? Say her archnemesis, a vile creature of darkness walking by name Vilexica Voidsiren ... a blight upon the world, a succubus having Fiend of Possesion, Fiend of Blasphemy, Fiend of Corruption and rudiments of Ur-Priest "prestige" classes ? :heh:

With dissaperance of Pilmer, group might lack a really bad guy. Who will make sure the job is done. ;)

Su'ryuu fits the megalomaniac picture pretty well already.

And I think the more neutral members of the current party are no less inclined to get it done than an evil character would. Particularly despite the calm of my character, he's not letting something of this magnitude slip ;)

Remove ads