AU Sunless Citadel (3.0/3.5) Seeking ALTERNATES

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Hi All,

In the interests of furthering my knowledge of how the d20 system (and DnD in particular) actually works in play, I was thinking that I'd run a few adventure modules.

I'm looking for 5 players who can post 1-2 times per day. If you can't commit to that, please leave room for those that can.

1) Isida Kep'Tukari - Yina Fireforged; Lithoran Champion (freedom) 1
2) Gideon - Daro, Verrik Magister 1
3) Pate Pot Pete - Alfonso; Human Fighter 1
4) Krug - Strahm; Lithoran Greenbond 1
5) Kajamba Lion - Yossariad; Sibeccai Winter Witch 1

Alternates:
* male litorian mageblade 1
* Barak - Ma-Barak; Giant Champion (Magic) 1

First things first, I'll be using a fusion of...
* 3.0 (of which I have the core books)
* Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed
* The 3.5 SRD (mainly the damage resistance and combat rules)

The campaign world is largely undefined (as this is mainly an excercise in honing my largely untested DM skills) and as I'd like the freedom to plop things down any-which-where. But, assume that you'll be in the lands of the Diamond Throne (if you don't know what that is, it won't ruin anything about the game as I'll mainly be winging it).

Character Creation:
* 30 point-buy characters or I can roll for you (using Invisible Castle, so you can check the veracity of my rolls).
* Classes: Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed. I might allow DnD classes depending on the concept.

Modules:
* Assorted short adventures from the WotC site.
* Various sundry scenarios of my own devising.
* The Sunless Citadel
* The Forge of Fury

I await your response. :)

Oh, etiquette:
- Please put thoughts in italic and use bold to denote shouting.
- Please keep all game posts in-character (I prefer a mix of 1st & 3rd person) and write "OOC: text..." before saying anything out of character.

Last edited:

Barak

First Post
I would!

I would be interested. I DM an AU game IRL, and I play in one active PBP game on another website, so experience shouldn't be an issue. :) Assuming you get more volunteers, I'd be very interested.

Galieo

First Post
Sounds good. I can definitely commit to posting 1-2 times daily; however, I do not own the Arcana Unearthed. Is that a show stopper?

I have a full complement of 3.0 books and PHB 3.5.

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
I'll play BUT I don't have Arcana Unearthed so could I possibly use a D&D class. I'll even let you create the character if you're afraid of power gaming.

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Classes

Well, that's 5 so I'll call it good. ^_^

I'm willing to allow DnD classes for those of you that don't have AU. Or I can provide your class information via email (I don't think Monte Cook would appreciate his work being posted online for free). Just drop me a line at gjs_n_cr(at)hotmail.com replace the (at) with an @.

DnD Classes
Bard - Akashic (no musical abilities, no spellcasting, abilities stem from collective memory)
Barbarian - <no direct analogue; Totem Warrior is similar>
Cleric - <none, AU has no divine-source spellcasters, Cleric, is a feat>
Druid - Greenbond (opinion: this is more druidy than the druid) & Wood Witch
Fighter - Warmain (big weapons/heavy armor) & Unfettered (light weapons/armor)
Monk - Oathsworn (abilities stem from oaths he swears)
Paladin - Champion (Light, Life, Freedom, Death, & Darkness)
Ranger - Totem Warrior (not a direct analogue), gains abilites based on totem animal
Rogue - <no direct analogue; Akashic is AU's skill guy & Unfettered could work too>
Sorceror - Magister (this class seems to combine Sor and Wiz)
Wizard - Magister (this class seems to combine Sor and Wiz)

AU Classes
Akashic - taps the collective memory :Akashic Record for abilites; the skill guy
Champion - champions a cause and gains abilites relating to the cause
(Light, Life, Freedom, Death, & Darkness)
Greenbond - taps power from :The Green (manifestation of life energy); 9th level spells; Best healer in AU
Mageblade - martial spellcaster, kind of like a blade-singer done right, 7th level spells; Will nearly always have the highest enchantment weapon in AU
Magister - THE spellcaster in the game; 9th level spells
Oathsworn - Swears oath, gains powers; distains weapons and tools
Totem Warrior - Animist; gains animal powers from spirit totem (including shapeshifting): Eagle, Snake, Wolf, Bear, Wolverine
Unfettered - Light/No armored guy, minor sneak attack, AC bonuses
Warmain - Heavily Armored, Uses big weapons, great tank
Witch - Gains witchery abilites based on a type of manifestation; 7th level spells (Iron, Wind, Wood, Sea, Winter, & Mind varieties)[/SIZE]

We'll be using the AU Experience table no matter what book you class comes from though (I think its around 10 or 15% slower advancement).

Last edited:

Barak

First Post
advancement, and character concepts

Actually (I'd have to look at my book, which is upstairs) I believe it's 5%. Monte -did- mention that he'd allow PHB class to use PHB advancement, as AU classes tend to be -slightly- more powerful. But that's assuming you would use the PHB to do the PHB classes (1 less feat at 1st level, for example.) Obviously, ya can do it anyway ya like. :)

As for character concepts, I think I'll wait till other have stated their intentions, so I can make a character filling any missing holes. I have been wanting to -play- AU instead of DMing it for so long that I have ideas for just about any roles. :)

Edit: Also, to add my own opinion to the "conversion" of classes above (very well done, btw!) The Unfettered can be a good class for those liking rogues. Granted, it mirrors more the "combat" aspect of rogues (some SA, agility skills and stuff, light armour), but he also has decent skills (4+int) and many "roguish" class skills. I have no Akashic in my game, and the unfettered is definitively the rogue dude.

Also note that while there is no cleric equivalent, all spellcasters have access to some healing magic, although it is weaker than cleric's across the board.

Last edited:

Remove ads