Interest in Oriental Adventures PbP?

Ariakor

First Post
Hello Everyone!

I was thinking about running a chinese-themed Oriental Adventures game, kind of based on martial Arts movies like "Hero", "House of Flying Daggers" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", but set in my own oriental themed campaign setting. So i was wondering if there is someone out there who'd be interested in that kind of game. Say if four people would be willing to, i would be willing to set up a game. If there's any interest, i'd also post further details with setting and allowed classes and stuff.

Cheers, Ariakor

Ariakor

First Post
Hi.

Thanks everyone for the interest so far. I think it is no problem to expand from four to six players, if everyone is stil willing :)
Concerning books: Standard core books, Oriental Adventures and the Rokugan d20 Campaign Setting. Though there are some rules that won't be applicable (this being more with a chinese than a japanese focus and all). First: you can select races from humans, spiritfolk, nezumi and two feline spiritfolk i made up myself but i'm still not sure about the balancing of these. They can be found under http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=131129.
Classes-wise you can select between standard OA core classes except for samurai. instead, there is a wuxia core class on the Wizards-boards which should be considered instead: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=400067.
I haven't decided at which level to start, but i guess 4th level should be ok. i'll be posting further setting infos and stuff in the next day or two. If you have other questions and such, just ask :)

sword-dancer

Explorer
I´m interested in a water Shugenja if it fit`s the game, if not, a Wuxia or foghter would be my choice.

A format for the PCs stats would be useful, I think.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Damn, that Wuxia on the wizards boards looks just like what I was trying to do with another character of mine in another game.

Now a Huren wuxia, that would be something. Fast and mobile, maxed out in Balance, Climb, Jump and Tumble. Quiet, but oddly playful at times. Has little interest in material things; a sword, a little food, a straw cloak and hat to keep off the rain and keep out prying eyes are all that are really needed. A preference for mastery over magic.

And something to hunt. Something dangerous. Elusive. Unknown perhaps. Something to have taken him from the mountains he calls home. Something to be caught, killed before he can return.

Its lucky for me that you have too many players already, cos I have too many games on the go.

Have fun.

thotd.

Remove ads