[OOC/Recruiting]The Gods Themselves

lonesoldier

First Post
When the Overdeity returned from his sojourn into the Far Realm he looked upon the pantheons of the Great Wheel and found them wanting, he took every god and made them mortal once more. In turn, each ex-deity proved itself and regained their status and realms, but some couldn’t. Thier return was called the Time of Ascension.

Those few minor deities who were unable to complete the tasks put before them by the Overdeity were left on the Material Plane, never to ascend to the Outer Planes with their brothers and sisters. These gods carved out places in the world for themselves, this is their story.

<HR>

In this campaign you play as a demigod, one of the failures from the Time of Ascension. You have a divine rank of one, and you control one portfolio element. Your character will have an effective character level of 25 and start with 300,000 experience points (As well as an extra 12,500 XPs for developing spells). Also, you begin with 2,100,000 gold pieces. You can spend as much as 525,000 gold to purchase any given item. (No artifacts please). As an important point, it should be noted that you will spend a lot of time off the Material Plane (You are immortal).

As for creating the base character, please use 33 point, standard point buy. Remember that you receive ability increases every fourth level, and a bonus feat every third level. Also, deities gain different amounts of HP and have different epic bonus progressions than regular epic characters. Please draw all divine abilites/feats/etc from the SRD.

Also it should be noted that my Material Plane is a custom world and the D&D Cosmology is the same as shown/described in the DMG. I will be using the Greyhawk gods. In essence when you pick a domain, (lets use magic for our example), you become the "Lesser Deity of Magic", while Boccob is the "Greater Deity of Magic". You have your following, but Boccob's is much greater. The only way to get another domain/portfolio element is to slay the god who currently has it. Slaying a lesser god grants you the god's domain, but you still have less of a following than the greater god. You could slay a greater god, in theory, but remember they are really strong...

3.5e Books you may use:
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Warrior
Core Books
Epic Level Handbook (No, really?)
Frostburn
Races of Destiny
Unearthed Arcana (please check with me)

Variants you may use:
Character Traits and Flaws (UA)
Item Familiars (UA)
Feel free to ask about other Variants from the above books.

Domains/Portfolio Elements:
[SBLOCK]Air
Animal
Celerity (CDiv)
Chaos
Cold (CDiv)
Community (CDiv)
Competition (CDiv)
Courage (CWar)
Creation (CDiv)
Death
Destruction
Domination (CDiv) - No Domination for you!
Dream (CDiv)
Earth
Evil - No Evil for you!
Fate (CWar)
Fire
Force (CDiv)
Good
Glory (CDiv)
Healing
Inquisition (CDiv)
Knowledge
Law
Liberation (CDiv)
Luck - Taken
Madness (CDiv)
Magic
Mind (CDiv)
Mysticism (CDiv)
Nobility (CWar)
Orcale (CDiv)
Pact (CDiv)
Pestilence (CDiv)
Planning (CWar) - Taken
Plant
Protection
Purification (CDiv)
Strength
Summoner (CDiv)
Sun - Taken
Travel
Trickery
Tyranny (CWar) - No Tyranny for you!
War - Taken
Water - Taken
Weather (CDiv)[/SBLOCK]

Active Players:
1) Hypersmurf
2) Wrahn
3) silentspace
4) Ankh-Morpork Guard
5) Nephtys
6) Lord_Raven88

Waiting List:
1) Prof. Yeti
2) --Empty--

----

Accepting an alternate alternates, when you finish your character, snap off the e-mail and stat block(s) to me at "rwijub at gmail dot com". Be sure to include your lesser diety's history and personality.

Last edited:

RobotRobotI

First Post
I'd be absolutely interested in this. I think I'd be all about being the Lesser Deity of Earth.

But I can give a better idea as to what I'd want to play tomorrow, when it's not 230 AM.

Edit : Can we use Non-PHB races? Some monstrous races would seem more fitting for some domains/deities. (Half-Golem Earth God? =P )

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
Sounds like fun. :D I'm a bit limited in my book selection, but the SRD should be good enough for me. :) I'll have my pick of Domain up soon.

Thanee

First Post
Hmmm... yes, I can't deny, that this sounds like fun. :D

Magic/Travel/Trickery would be the domains that most suit me, or maybe Air/Luck.

As for the actual character, I generally most like arcane spellcasters and rogues (i.e. Arcane Trickster / Trickery domain would work well).

Bye
Thanee

lonesoldier

First Post
@ RobotRobotI:
Of course! Feel free to use a race from any of those listed books.

@ Angcuru:
Don't sweat it, the SRD has plenty of fun stuff.

@ Thanee:
Cool, just remember you only get one Portfolio Element/Domain.

I'm trying to figure out a way to calculate how many people pray to you. I might use the Epic Leadership tables and add some interesting bonuses.
Also, if you take the Leadership feat, those ones are your 'inner circle', you also have your followers who pray to you.

This might be redunant: Please be mature enough to not abuse your godly powers. As cool as killing every Mind Flayer might be, unless you have a reason to (and you are willing to feel the wrath of their god) you shouldn't. And such.

RobotRobotI

First Post
I recently started on my diety [although it's still an 'alpha', and now that I know I can use non-PHB races, I've got some other ideas] and I was like 'WHOAH' when I realized that a 25 fighter gets a total for 22 feats.

Twenty two!

Thanee

First Post
Heh. Just take a look at the list of available epic feats and the number you get from those, and you start to cry! :p

Bye
Thanee

Ferrix

Explorer
Ooo... excellent!

I had an interesting idea for a war deity, but it would use the War Troll from Monster Manual III.

Or perhaps a deity of trickery, a rogue/swashbucklery/monk type.

Or a spellcaster. Such hard choices.

Ooo... Minor Deity of Death... I think I have it. A minor deity of death, Wizard/Cleric/Mystic Theurge/True Necromancer :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases