• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Traditions: Star Wars D20 (Recruiting)

zantriel

First Post
Hello and welcome.
I am looking for players for a PBP Star Wars D20 game that is being hosted on RPG Crossroads. Yes, Yes I know, I am posting on one forum for another forum. Well I have been guided by the force, and it happens a lot.

http://samaritan1975.proboards20.com/index.cgi

Here is a copy of what I have posted on Crossroads.

In honor of the release of the third movie and also due to my love for the Star Wars universe I have decided to run (I hope) a Star Wars d20 game. I have had a plot for some time now and I had tried to run an F2F game using it. Sadly due to the fact that I only had two players the game did not last long.

I am looking for a handful of players who enjoy the Star Wars genre and enjoy cinematic, heroic games. I plan to use the Star Wars d20 system to run the game, I know many people do not like the d20 system, but I have none of the d6 books and I really like the d20 system better. Though I will say that the system will mostly be a framework, not the structure.

The game will be set during the time just before episode II, though with changes. The story changes are as follows. During the final battle between Obi-wan and Darth Maul, Obi-wan does not give in to his anger and viscously attack Maul. Instead he goes on the defensive which gives Maul the false sense that he has Obi-Wan on the run, this allows Obi-wan to strike, he cuts off Mauls hand and kicks him into the ventilation tube. Though Obi-wan has won and has resisted his stronger emotions, the extra time spent fighting means that he arrives to late to speak with Qui-Gon Jinn and make to the promise to train Anakin. The councils decision to not train Anakin stands and Anakin goes to live on Naboo. He disappears 3 years later, and no trace of him can be found; he is believed to be dead.
Will the PC’s find him, will they take his place in the events that occur in episode II. Will the events even take place? The Dark Side has cast its shadow and clouds the future, time will only tell.

OK, now for the info on play. I am looking for 6 to 8 players, those who would like to play, please send or post a quick character description and a short history. I would like to stay away from a party of all Jedi, though if that does happen I will work with everyone to see that we have specific areas covered.
Starting level will be third and 40 stat points for ability scores. (I will post the point breakdown after a bit.) I will be using the Revised Core Rules set for the game, if you wish to have a character out of any of them just let me know what it is and which book it is in, and I will let you know if it will be ok or not. If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
It sounds like the heroes are expected to go in search of the missing Anakin on Naboo. Is the entire campaign going to essentially be mirroring the events of the movies or will it perhaps focus on unrelated events? If the campaign does focus around Anaking/Kenobi/Maul then who are the heroes intended to be working for? What is their interest in Anakin's disapearance? How often do you intend the players to post? Are droid heroes allowed? Just curious to learn more. ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
zantriel said:
The game will be set during the time just before episode II, though with changes. The story changes are as follows. During the final battle between Obi-wan and Darth Maul, Obi-wan does not give in to his anger and viscously attack Maul.

Could I have it explained to me how that involved Obi-Wan giving into his anger? (I'm not here to argue I just assume that DSP will be in use and in the movie I would describe that action that as defending oneself.)

zantriel

First Post
Ambrus said:
It sounds like the heroes are expected to go in search of the missing Anakin on Naboo. Is the entire campaign going to essentially be mirroring the events of the movies or will it perhaps focus on unrelated events? If the campaign does focus around Anaking/Kenobi/Maul then who are the heroes intended to be working for? What is their interest in Anakin's disapearance? How often do you intend the players to post? Are droid heroes allowed? Just curious to learn more. ;)

Mostly unrelated events, with some of the movie events happening in the background. The PC's will start out "dealing" with an unrelated event. Their actions could bring any of the main characters into the game. I have a baseline plot, but I also know that players can come up with things I never planed for.

I would like players to post every few days or so. I am on most nights and can keep up on things.

Droids are fine, and can be lots of fun to boot.

Last edited:

zantriel

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Could I have it explained to me how that involved Obi-Wan giving into his anger? (I'm not here to argue I just assume that DSP will be in use and in the movie I would describe that action that as defending oneself.)

From my point of view he gave into his anger when he saw his master "killed". Just watched it on monday and that is how I saw it, I could be wrong.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
zantriel said:
From my point of view he gave into his anger when he saw his master "killed". Just watched it on monday and that is how I saw it, I could be wrong.
I'll scan it again but I didn't see anger but it was desperation. (Which depending upon you hand out DSP could be worthy of one.)

zantriel

First Post
I forgot to add that I am looking for heroic characters and I also should let everyone know that Sith items cannot be found or used. Down the road maybe, but at this time most people including most Jedi do not know that the Sith have returned.

*waves* Hi again, BS! :D

Brother Shatterstone said:
I'll scan it again but I didn't see anger but it was desperation. (Which depending upon you hand out DSP could be worthy of one.)

Looked like anger mixed with desperation to me... but it's been a bit since I watched it. Besides, it's all up to interpretation, anyway. ;)

Were I running, I would have handed out DSP for it.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Were I running, I would have handed out DSP for it.

Well, if you handed out DSP like the rulebook suggests the 32 the Emperor has would be chump change… :lol:

Hell, I think Yoda would have as many as Dooku has… 12. (He did alot of bad stuff in the new movies. :lol: )

Anyhow, I’ll probably watch it again but you do need to be allowed to defend yourself. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads