Ep. III - Mon Mothma

qstor

Adventurer
Did anyone notice this character? I though she was supposed to appear. I saw it twice and didnt see her.

Mike

Kanegrundar

Explorer
She didn't appear in the movie. She appeared in the novelization, so if they filmed those parts they were left on the cutting room floor.

Kane

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Nope - never saw her. Lucas was pretty careful when a character from the original trilogy was shown (or a 'satelite' character liek Bail Organa) that they were spoken to by name.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
Yep. It looked mike a CGI head, but I guess ti would be pretty tough finding someone that looked like a younger Peter Cushing.

Kane

Really? You must be very good as spotting CGI like that - I figured it was just a guy in makeup.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Psychic Warrior said:
Really? You must be very good as spotting CGI like that - I figured it was just a guy in makeup.
It could have well been, but Tarkin's face had like sort of "shadowy" look that didn't appear to sit real well with the body (which I think was really an actor). Kinda like a few of the Jango Fett heads. Plus, with the amount of CGI used in the prequels that makes it about a 50/50 shot of any one thing being CGI.

I just looked it up while writing this. The guy that played Tarkin was the guy that played Scorpius on Farscape, so it more than likely was make-up. That guy already has a Cushing-like face.

Kane

Last edited:

Yep, Tarkin was a real actor.

And though Mon Mothma's(and the other Senators') main scenes were cut, you can see every single one of them in the opening shot of all the Senators right after the opening battle. Its tough to spot some of them, but they're all there.

Remove ads