Dawnforge Campaign - The True Kings - Calling my Active Players!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
King Enir II held the gaze of each hero in turn, his blue eyes showing both wisdom and compassion. "Each of you has found a reason to aid the Kingsmarch against the Dominion, either from love of this land, hatred of the tieflings, defense of your own people, or the desire to protect the downtrodden. Your goals may be personal, or at one with my own, but I believe now they march side-by-side. The Dominion grows stronger while Deluin and Andlemere are bled dry by her relentless demonic conquest. If Deluin falls, Andlemere will as well, and the rest of the Kingsmarch will follow. If we stand united, we may stand against the tieflings and their fiends with an assurance of victory. If we stand as we have, divided and squabbling, we will eventually fall.

"It is said the Horn and Hound rivers are the only true kings in the Kingsmarch. They give us the water for our crops, and lines of transport, but they prevent any strong unity amongst the kingdoms. Any bridge to span them would have to be strong enough to survive multiple attempts to burn or destroy it, yet be able to be whisked away in an instant should we need to slow invaders. It must be tall enough to allow ships to pass, and there must be enough of them to allow free trade. Only with the Horn and Hound bridged thusly can the Kingsmarch be united and the tiefling threat ended.

"There are few magicians of such strength to create such bridges, and they are desperately needed here to battle the fiends. Even if they could be spared, they know little of the engineering needed to create the bridges we need. This is why I brought you here. There is a magician and craftsman of such skill and power that we need, a moon elf called Mirlona Starpiercer. However, she is reclusive and wary of humans. Finding her will be very difficult, and convincing her to help will be nearly impossible.

"However, I have someone who can help convince her. His name is Darvekis Shadowbane, and he is numbered amongst her oldest and must trusted friends. He is a tiefling wizard," and here King Enir holds up his hand to forestall the inevitable arguments, "and he is on our side. His purity of heart and sincerity to help has been vouched to me by a source that cannot be deceived. He has been aiding us as a spy for several years. I have recently learned he was discovered by his superiors, and is slated to be cast into one of their infernal summoning pits. This is this task I set to you, rescue Darvekis Shadowbane, find Mirlona Starpiercer and convince her to aid us, bring what she needs to bridge the Horn and Hound, and deliver her safely her to us. Will you aid the Kingsmarch?"

~~~~

'Cause Starman started his, I figured I could handle one more game, and doing a new one at this point is easier than trying to restart one of my old ones...

So, who's up for more Dawnforged? Our heroes will be starting in the Kingsmarch, having gained some small amount of fame in their last quest. You will be on a quest to find a particular personage that can aid the Kingsmarch, and in turn, help keep the tieflings from rampaging across the trueborn lands. I expect you'll be spanning most of the continent, and probably some places off of it as well.

Our Soon-to-be Heroes

Character generation info

36 point-buy

5th level

9,000gp, no more than 25% on any one item.

11,000xp

Books available - Three core, Dawnforge, and Age of Legends. Races of Stone/Wild/Destiny, Complete Arcane/Adventurer/Divine/Warrior, Expanded Psionics Handbook, Arms and Equipment Guide, stuff from dragon 287-present upon request. Note that DMG II, PHB II, and Complete Psionics aren't on that list, because I don't own them. Nothing from them will be entertained at this point (unless someone wants to buy them for me, then we'll see, because the DM can be bribed).

Hit points max at first level, 75% + Con each level thereafter. Round up if necessary.

1 legend point (and 1st circle path if you meet the prerequisites).

Legendary items will be allowed.

Heroic characters, which will probably mean good alignment, but a neutral is possible if you have a smashing concept.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Umm.... anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Would people be interested in crossing the war-torn Kingsmarch? Or attempting to quell the ambitions of the monarchs of Anderland? How about working with the dwarves to stop an incursion of fire giants, or with the elves to stem their civil war? Questing to stop the terrible Gorgon from ravaging the new settlements of Tammerland? Does that trip anyone's trigger?

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
I would like to express interest, as well, but with a similar amount of commitment for right now. :)

I'm a big fan of FFG (especially the Midnight setting) and I own Dawnforge. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to read through it, yet, although I know the basic premise. If you end up starting a game soon, I will go ahead and make that book one of my priority reads.

So, I am definitely interested, but will need some time (a week or two?) to go through the setting book.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Then you should know what Dawnforge is, because it's cool! :p

Dawnforge is a campaign setting set when the great empires of the world are just beginning, and all the races are struggling to find their destinies. Characters get to choose racial talents and transformations that will eventually transform them into a paragon of their race, though it will be slightly different for each. It's a setting where essentially the characters get in on the ground floor of empire-building, kingship, exploration, and legendary adventure.

I think it's pretty cool. :) You can play a myriad of races, all the core races (minus half-orcs, and the elves are separated into Dawn and Night elves, as well as some others if you have Age of Legends) as well as dopplegangers, orcs, ogres, tieflings, thinbloods (low-caste yuan-ti), and minotuars. Humans also have distinct racial groups as well (highlanders, lowlanders, saltbloods, and trueborn). It's a very interesting setting.

There's already one game of Dawnforge on this board (Tailspinner is running it), and I was thinking about starting my own. But I want to make sure there's enough interest. Also I wanted people's input in terms of level of play desired, starting location, and type of campaign. I'm glad I have Bro Shatterstone and jeremydnd, but I need more than two people. So, if you think this sounds interesting and you don't own Dawnforge yet, then go buy it or borrow it from somebody!

d'Anconia

Explorer
I'd be up for this! I have the setting book at home, but none of the supplements. (in fact, I don't even think I know if there are any other books besides the main one). Once I get home, I'll go through the book again and come back with some recommendations. I'd prefer to start in the mid-levels (6-10 or so).

Remove ads