Eberron/Horror Game - FULL - Got my three additional players, thanks!

I'd like to run a PBP game right 'chere on EnWorld set in Eberron -- but with a bit of a twist. Not your pulp-action Eberron; more of a horror movie Eberron. Eberron as seen through a George Romero/H.P. Lovecraft and Clive Barker lens, or something like that.

Standard rules, but with Ken Hood's Grim N Gritty Hit Points (for figuring hit points only -- I don't want to get into tracking wound status or anything like that) and some kind of Fear save and Madness mechanics -- probably from Darkness & Dread. If all you've got is the PHB or the SRD, you'll be fine. If all you've got is the PHB or the SRD and Eberron, you'll be great -- I'll supply the rest of what you need to know.

I've got some ideas of what the campaign will do, but once I get some players, I'd like some feedback before I start on were you want to start, what kind of characters you hope to have, etc.

I'll take up to 5 players (and 2 alternates). I'll be posting probably every day, maybe more than once (with the possible exception of Saturdays and Sundays, which are more difficult for me) and I'll want posters who can commit to post at least 4-5 times a week -- every day would of course be even better. I know that sounds like a lot, but it's very difficult for me to run a game that runs too slowly.

Ideally we'd start the game sometime in the first few days of July.

NEWSFLASH!!! Due to some player dropouts, we're down to two characters; a half-elf psion and a human warmage (from Complete Arcane) I will be entertaining the idea of adding more characters to get back up to something resembling "full strength." If you are interesting in jumping into this story, which has really just begun, post in this thread!

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Awesome! I love Call of Cthulhu, I like Eberron, it's the best of both worlds! Count me in. :) I have a lot of ideas for character, but I want to wait and see what char gen rules and whatnot are before I go leaping into creation.

Harvey

First Post
I love Eberron, and would definitely be interested in something slightly askew. I'm not familiar with Ken Hood's Grim N Gritty Hit Points, so I might need a quick summary or a pointer on where to look. I am definitely a fan of prequent posting, and can commit to posting at least once a day, oftentimes twice a day (unless sick, of course).

OK, Cursed Quinn, Isida and Harvey, you're all in!

While we're all waiting on two more, here's the GrimNGritty document to look at.

Attachments

• GrimNGrittyHitPointRules.zip
    258.5 KB · Views: 237

solkan_uk

First Post
I'll be up for it, I envisage a young scholar with a touch of sorcery/psi...
I'll see how we're working out before I think too hard on a cahracter, but just for information, would you allow the Expert class, and woudl this sort of character fit, or would you want more action horror, rather than scholastic horror?

(that probably makes no sense, but take it as an expression of interest).

MadMaxim

First Post
This sounds very interesting. I'd like to join. I'm thinking about making a Cyran warmage. He's a veteran of The Last War and was on a mission in another country when disaster struck Cyre and turned it into the Mournland.

Harvey

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I see... I've seen similar things in Unearthed Arcana, so the Grim 'n Gritty rules aren't totally foreign to me. :)

Well, they're definitely foreign to me, but very interesting! I am so torn for a concept. At first I was envisioning a warforged who would serve as the "unbeliever" stereotype that you often see in horror movies... but trying to get a good feel as to how to play him. Almost like "that can't be a ghost... it's obviously a cleric casting blink" but in a world where the nation of Karrnath uses undead troops, I don't think it will work.

Let me think on it some more... I mean with stuff like the Cults of the Dragons Below, the Daughters of Sora Kell, the Lords of Dusk, there are just so many possibilities for the horror...

Remove ads