Eberron/Horror Game - FULL - Got my three additional players, thanks!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I have an interest in a warforged artificer that's particularly obsessed with the making of things and the creation of new things, no matter how they're created. Including other things like him/herself.

I have other ideas as well, but this might lend itself best to this campaign.

Lord_Raven88 said:
I'm interested in playing, if there is still a spot open.
You'd be no. 6, and technically I asked for five, but I'll go ahead and take you. The game will be full with six players;

Cursed Quinn
Isida Kep'Tukari
Harvey
solkan_uk
MadMaxim
Lord_Raven88

As for some of the questions floating around -- I do imagine gameplay that perhaps more closely approximates Call of Cthulhu than D&D in some ways -- scholarly characters, at least for some of you, would definately be helpful. But a group of all scholars is also a recipe for certain disaster -- there will certainly be forces that you should not stand and fight against unless you all want to die, but there will be other threats that are more mundane, and certainly I'd hope you'd be capable of handling assassins, intrigue, organized criminals and the like.

Imagine a game that's a lot like The X-files in Eberron, but without the plot immunity that always saved Mulder and Scully. ;)

I'll post some more details of what I had in mind a little later today, while meanwhile the six of you can mull over character concepts if you like.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind, for the Grim and Gritty document, we're only using the first five pages -- use it to figure out your hit points (they may actually be higher at low levels, especially if you're playing a low hit die character class) and ignore the rest. If you want to play a class not listed in that document, such as Artificier, Warlock, Scout, psionic class, etc. then extrapolate hit point progression based on hit die -- d4 = poor hit point progression, d6 and d8 = medium hit point progression and d10 and d12 = good hit point progression. The document as it is is 3.0 compliant, so the ranger should move from the good progression to the medium progression based on it's change in hit die in 3.5 from d10 to d8.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Question, what about AC and whatnot? The Grim 'n Gritty rules seemed to imply that the class defense bonus and armor as damage reduction went kind of hand-in-glove with the lowered hit point rules. Just curious as to how you were adjucating that. :)

And I think that the articifer would do well, and I think I can make one that is capable of taking care of himself in a fight. :) What are the specifics of character creation Joshua?

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Question, what about AC and whatnot? The Grim 'n Gritty rules seemed to imply that the class defense bonus and armor as damage reduction went kind of hand-in-glove with the lowered hit point rules. Just curious as to how you were adjucating that. :)
I was going to cut it off at hit points -- AC progression, IMO, is best for games in which magical AC boosting items are very rare to nonexistant.
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
And I think that the articifer would do well, and I think I can make one that is capable of taking care of himself in a fight. :) What are the specifics of character creation Joshua?
Oh, that would be good, wouldn't it? Use the Standard Array: 15,14,13,12,10,8 and then take three +1 ability increases, distributed however you'd like. Other than that, standard character creation rules. I don't much mind sources outside the core + Eberron, but let me know if you're interested in anything beyond Core + Eberron right away.

1st level, standard starting cash. Nothing I can think of off-hand that would make me unhappy.

As a guideline, I'm thinking of starting -- starting mind you -- the game in the Eldeen Reaches, which is a bit of a rural, woodland area, and then later moving on to the more familiar urban environs like Sharn. Not that you need to have a ranger or druid or whatever in the group, but it'll be helpful, anyway.

solkan_uk

First Post
Is Psi open?

I think a half elf psion/expert of Hourse Medani (probably with least Dragonmark - if that's OK).
STR: 10
DEX: 13
CON: 8
INT: 15 +1+1+1 (to 18)
WIS: 14
CHA: 12

Yes, Psi is open. Psionics is pretty well integrated into Eberron, I think, which is fun. I don't have much experience with it, though, so you'll have to do a bit more of the work yourself -- helping me know what to expect from your powers and all that.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
I'm interested in playing a Ghaele from Savage Species if you'll allow it. Basically it's the Ghaele from the Monster Manual, with their abilites spread over 20 levels.

He would be a young Ghaele orphan, who's been raised by the 'The Silver Flame'.

Remove ads