The Nameless Legion: Archon Lance- Mission #1

Harvey

First Post
Homeworld. That's all you've ever known it as. It exists in some little corner of a pocket plane. A jungle world that holds a million secrets. In the middle of this jungle is your home, also known as Homebase.

Homebase is a sprawling structure in the middle of the densest jungle of Homeworld. Made of an obsidian-like stone, this complex marks the main base of operations of the Nameless Legion. As you've learned over your time here, Homebase is proof against everything from scrying to ethereal jaunting. It's here that you all now call home.

Revelry sounds this dawnbreak, as it has every dawnbreak since you've joined the legion. You can hear the sounders in the training fields, and as you look out the windows of your barracks, you see the overhead patrols fly by: everything from griffons to dire owls.

As you head to the mess hall for breakfast, a messenger approaches each of you. The messenger, a hobgoblin dressed in gray studded leather, hands you your orders.

The note reads: "Report to Briefing Room #17 to join your new lance at 8th chimes."

You all take care of your morning business, and, at the requested time, you report to the Briefing Room. You've all been here before, or a room very similar, and are familiar with the set-up. The entire room, from ceiling to floor, is constructed from the same obsidian-like stone that the rest of the complex is created from. In the middle of the room is a table roughly 40' by 80'. The wood is created from the finest darkwood from the world known as Eberron. You also take note of the various chairs seated around the table: 2 are sized small, 4 sized medium and 2 sized large. The chairs are made from the same material as the table. At one end of the table is seated a lectern, where the briefing warchief gives the mission details.

On a side wall, you notice the viewing portal. From past missions, you know that the portal is used for members of the lance that either a) cannot fit in the room or b) cannot exist in the same environment you do. As a matter of pride, most members of the Crashing Waves remain in the underwater wing of Homebase and sit in on missions via the portal.

OOC: Welcome to the Nameless Legion! Pick a color for your character’s speech, thoughts are in italics, and OOC comments in silver like this one! As each of you enter the room, feel free to introduce yourselves to everyone else, and when people get settled in, your boss will announce your first mission.

Someone

Adventurer
When the rest of the lance arrive, theres already someone there: a tall figure, completely equipped with an obviously expensive adamantine black armor, decorated with somewhat cliched figures of bones and death. A twisted and broken symbol hangs from his neck, a fist holding a lightning bolt.

Since the helmet -horned, with a silver skull for mask- rests on the table, you can see his face, and it doesn´t match with the outfit. Fair, with almost white metallic hair and shining golden eyes, but it doesn´t turn to the rest of the newcomers as they arrive.

AmorFati

First Post
Scorch - Firemage

A small goblin enters the briefing room, scanning the table and its occupants. Seeing there is only one other present as of yet, she smiles warmly to him and nods.

She wears a deep red blouse that shows more than it hides, yet not in any offensive way. Her pants are orange and yellow. The only jewlry is a neckless of dark rubies, matching her eyes. A smile plays on her lips, as if she knows something funny that the rest does not.

The Imago walk with a bounce in her steps, finding the closest small sized chair. Taking a few moments to adjust herself, before she leans on the table, eyeing the black armored man. "Nice armor you got there. I love the grisly touches. I'm Scorch by the way. Nice to meet you!"

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Warfiend turns to the newcomer. "They are useful to instil doubt on inferior foes. The grisly touches, I mean." says. "Scorch, hm? Will you be the one doing the blasting, then?"

"I´m warfiend. When you find your entrails hanging from an open wound in your belly, call me, if I´ve not too much work smashing heads."

AmorFati

First Post
Scorch - Firemage

Scorch grins at the Aasimar's comment. "Blasting, eh? I guess that would be me, yes. Nice to meet you Warfiend. So you're a warrior-priest then, I take it. Good to have in a tight spot, I guess."

I bet this will be fun, with a healer looking like that... The Imago smiles warmly at Warfiend, fighting the desire to give him a flirtatious wink.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
A well-dressed figure in a bright red cloak embroidered with gold thread, a fine double-brested doublet made of slashed velvet, and supple leather boots saunters into the room and looks at the two inhabitants appraisingly. He looks...unfinished. His skin is a dull grey and his well-manicured hair lustrous silver. His face has no features to speak of: large colorless eyes and only the slightest hint of a nose or mouth. The only obvious sign of war-gear on him is the facy rapier he wears in an ornate scabbard on his belt. One eyebrow arches as he bows deeply to the two inhabitants of the room.

"My name is Trick. With whom do I have the infite pleasure of working with this time?"

His voice sounds infitely confident and completely at ease.

AmorFati

First Post
Scorch - Firemage

"Hello there Trick. I'm Schorch. Or the Blaster, if you ask Warfiend here." She giggles and indicates the servant of Hextor while talking. "So, you're in this lanze as well, eh? I've heard about you. Nice to meet you."

Someone

Adventurer
"So, Trick and Scorch. If I know our employers, Beater or Slasher should appear through that door soon" says Warfiend while drumming on the table with his armored fingers.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Trick's face brightens up with obvious satisfaction and glee when Scorch mentions she's heard of him.

"Heard of me have you? I hope it has all been good. So, we have Lady Scorch the Blaster and Warfiend...the..."

Trick removes his pack and throws it onto the table in front of one of the darkwood chairs. He then proceeds to vault over the chair, landing in it at an impossible angle, balancing himself, with his feet up.

"What do you do?"

Take 10: Balance 29, Jump 27, and Tumble 35 for my little show off stunt

Remove ads