• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two series: Smallville and Enterprise

EricNoah

Adventurer
I have this bad habit of failing to get in on the ground floor of TV shows I end up enjoying (I missed the first season, almost, of X-Files, and the same deal with Friends). I've missed the first season of Lost, which I probably would like; I lost access to a UPN network (no cable) and thus missed the final 3 seasons of Enterprise; and I never started watching Smallville until reruns this summer.

I have since added all seasons of Smallville and the two existing seasons of Enterprise to my Netflix list. I find myself getting ridiculously excited when either one of these two shows up in the mail.

Kind of silly!

mojo1701

First Post
Same thing happened to me with "Arrested Development." My first actual episode seen was Episode 208, "Queen for a Day."

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Same with me for Monk, Joan of Arcadia, and a couple others that sound interesting but I've never seen. Dead Like Me is one, as are Jeremiah and Deadwood. The first Battlestar Galactica miniseries just arrived today; going to check that out tomorrow.

Rigil Kent

First Post
Be warned. The finale for Enterprise sucks. Bad. I'd personally recommend not even watching "These are the Voyages" and instead consider "Terra Prime" (season 4) as the actual finale.

I did much the same thing; I tuned out of Enterprise in season 2 'cause it just didn't do much for me, then caught a couple of season 3. A Trekkie friend of mine raved over season 4 so I tracked it down and watched it. For the most part, it was astoundingly good.

And then, I saw the finale. :mad:

Just wanted to give you a warning...

Darthjaye

First Post
It's not unusual for most people to do this. Lots of series don't get good word of mouth until the end of the first season. And with so much out there it's hard to catch them all on the ground floor unless you watch tv 24-7. I record everything I see on the on screen tv guide that could be interesting or that even has a decent commercial for it. Another good place to check out Smallville is on Disney's Family Channel.

danzig138

Explorer
When I used to watch the X-Files, when they would show the blurb for the next episode, it always sent a shiver down back from the excitement.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I have had the first season of x-files on DVD for about a year but never got around to watching it, with the assumption that I had finally managed to see every episode on the air via reruns and such. I've found at least 3 or 4 episodes so far that I swear I've never seen. That's kind of cool -- there's nothing like the first time. I often wish I could go back and see Futurama on DVD for the first time, all over again ...

Ranger REG

Explorer
Rigil Kent said:
I did much the same thing; I tuned out of Enterprise in season 2 'cause it just didn't do much for me, then caught a couple of season 3. A Trekkie friend of mine raved over season 4 so I tracked it down and watched it. For the most part, it was astoundingly good.

And then, I saw the finale. :mad:

Just wanted to give you a warning...
Yeah, the finale is classic Berman and Braga. The rest of the 4th season were done by Coto and the Reeves-Stevens.

If Paramount marketing is smarter than the executive office (the doofs that kept retaining Berman), just compile the Enterprise Vulcan and Andorian episodes in a DVD set, alongside the 4th Season DVD set.

Rigil Kent

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Yeah, the finale is classic Berman and Braga. The rest of the 4th season were done by Coto and the Reeves-Stevens.

If Paramount marketing is smarter than the executive office (the doofs that kept retaining Berman), just compile the Enterprise Vulcan and Andorian episodes in a DVD set, alongside the 4th Season DVD set.

Or maybe just ditch TATV from canon entirely, market the 4th season DVD as without that...excrement. I swear, I saw it a year ago and I'm still honked off about it.

As to Smallville, I've been a fan of it for a while but last season kind of stunk. There were a couple of good episodes (the Flash one, the episode where Clark lost his memory) but as someone who loathes the Lana Lang character, I'm really not looking forward to some of this upcoming season.

Remove ads