DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #3

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
This thread is for in-charcater posts for the Mutants and Materminds system game, Days of Future Past. If you have missed the story so far, you really need to check out these links!

Issue #1 In Character thread is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87403

Issue #2 In Character thread is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107235

Out of Character posts:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1488653#post1488653

New Out Of Character Posts can be made here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1957362#post1957362

The Character Roster is found here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1520683#post1520683

Hope you are enjoying the game!
I know I am!!

Nuke

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
LAST ISSUE:
As they drove away from the explosion, locals could be seen running out of every building to watch the sight. Sirens were quickly heard as emergency vehicles responded to the scene. The truck and car moved silently out of town with little notice. Everyone was far too concerned with what had happened at the gas station.

As they left the area, Kyle thought he felt a slight tingle, like he detected a mutant. He had been through so much in the last few minutes, he was not sure if it was real or his mind playing tricks on him.

ISSUE #3

Lorenzo led the way from town. The Coach had done a pretty good job of letting him know where they were to go. He was not sure what else they were supposed to do but, he would figure that out later. As they drove towards the freeway, he could swear he felt or heard something in his head. It seemed depressed and angry and he could not make out much more than that. He looked around at Corey and Kyle as reassurance that everything was relatively normal.

Jenn concentrated on the rear bumper of Lorenzo's car. She had nothing else to think about and she planned to keep it that way. Gabe, Eleyna and Andrew were pretty much zoned out in the back seat, each in their own little world. They had all been through tremendous stress the last few days however, these three had taken the brunt of it.

Andrew stared out the window, contemplating the battle they had just escaped. He was going over it in his head like reviewing a game, looking for things they did good and bad. He also wondered what was causing that plume of smoke that just shot into the air from over by the lake.

Last edited:

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Kyle sat in the front of the car Jenn was driving, and focused on the detector and his gear, trying to push what he saw out of his head. He knew for the longest time that things would go south when or if he was 'outed' but still, to actually lose somone. That hurt. A lot, he was discovering, and nothing he could think of made it better.

With coach gone, no one knew where to go, and more importantly.. no one to lead them. They were all a bunch of teenagers, mostly folks who barely knew each other before two days ago, not the best mix for a team he thought.

Velmont

First Post
Why Sammy hasn't listen? Why the coach didn't retreat at the same time as me? Have any of them survive that blast? How will they contact us? What await us? So many questions was rolling in his head, and no answers could be found. Andrew was seeing the last moments in his head and it took a moment before seeing that the plume of smoke wasn't a creation of his mind.

"Where that smoke come from?" he says to himself aloud. Another question without answers he told to himself...

Gideon

First Post
Gabe's mind had gone silent: no worry, no thought, no comfort, absolutely nothing. Sometimes the only solice is retreating so far back that silence is the only thing in your mind. That silence was broken by Andrews strangled question.

ANDREW said:
"Where that smoke come from?"

"Huh....what smoke? What are you talking about? No one is smoking in here."

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

STill dazed, Eleyna's head moved slowly in the direction that Gabe and Andrew were talking about. Sure enough, there was a pillar of smoke rising in the distance. Squinting her eyes didn't improve her vision, but still she strained to see what was going on. "With all that's been happening so far, I really hope it's just someone burning leaves or something..."

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Jenn pushes the window down to get some wind in her face.
"Well we can't stop for it but maybe we can get some infos like normal people do."
She switches the radio and tries to find a channel with news. Even if they don't send something now it's at least possible she could hear something sooner or later.

Velmont

First Post
"Yeah, you're right... we need to reach the next distination... if someone wait for us there, he won't wait for long I suppose. If that was suppose to be a meating place. Too bad Coach didn't tell us more."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
The group reflected on events as they traveled. Gabe, Andrew, Eleyna, Kyle and Jenn all watched the smoke work it's way up into the sky, wondering what purpose it's origin was. Lorenzo and Corey led the way across the interstate unaware of the plume of smoke.

As they continued on their way, Lorenzo thought, I hope Core isn't too freaked by me vanishing on him again... I really hope the Coach is okay...

While Kyle worked on his electronics gear, the damaged tracker he had picked up, let off a weak noise and a blip slowly faded into view from the west.

Remove ads