• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Running Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

CoopersPale

First Post
Hi guys,

So I'm gonna run this huge dungeon crawl as a DM.

A couple of questions:
- is this only available in D&D 3.0? Seems to be, and that's the copy I own...
- Considering it is an adventure for level 4-14, what would you guys consider is a good adventure for 1st to 3rd level - for 4 PC's?

Corsair

First Post
CoopersPale said:
Hi guys,

So I'm gonna run this huge dungeon crawl as a DM.

A couple of questions:
- Considering it is an adventure for level 4-14, what would you guys consider is a good adventure for 1st to 3rd level - for 4 PC's?

I would STRONGLY suggest reading the Temple forums at monte's site. They have erratta and 3.5 updates there also.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
CoopersPale said:

Yes. however you can find 3.5 conversions on the internet.

This link is a good start:

http://p222.ezboard.com/fokayyourturnfrm17

I'd start at 4th level.

Some of the first encounters are very hard. Player deaths are very likely as soon as you get to the moathouse.

Honestely, I'd give some thought to starting at 5th. Though that may be extreme.

Corinth

First Post
Respectively:

#1: Yes, this is available in 3.0 only.
#2: If you can find the tie-in adventure from Dungeon Magazine, use that. Also good is a simple dungeon crawl where you can plant clues pointing toward RttTEE early on- be that of your own make, or an adapted module.

zoroaster100

First Post
I'm running Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil in 3.5 with the help of the conversion posted on Monte's forums.
I used Sunless Citadel, and a portion of Forge of Fury, to get the characers up to level 4 by the time the got to Homlet. Monte's forums also have suggestions for other adventures you can use, and they have suggestions specifically for Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury on how to plant clues and other connections between these modules and the Temple of Elemental Evil. I used some of those and made up some of my own and it's worked pretty well.

Altalazar

First Post
zoroaster100 said:
I'm running Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil in 3.5 with the help of the conversion posted on Monte's forums.
I used Sunless Citadel, and a portion of Forge of Fury, to get the characers up to level 4 by the time the got to Homlet. Monte's forums also have suggestions for other adventures you can use, and they have suggestions specifically for Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury on how to plant clues and other connections between these modules and the Temple of Elemental Evil. I used some of those and made up some of my own and it's worked pretty well.

Yep, those are good modules to start with - not just for Temple, but in general, with 3E. And I'm sure you could convert to 3.5E - they aren't that different, after all.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
J-Buzz said:
So whatever happened to this adventure? You can't find a new copy anywhere.

They sold out, I'd guess.

But don't worry! You can get it off of amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-5774853-8207868?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

... for a HUNDRED FREAKING BUCKS!!! Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! Are people really paying that much?

Anyway, we tend to think of WotC as a large company. But they're really just a small press. They can't keep on doing reprints. I checked on RPGnow.com for you, but it wasn't listed. Drivethrurpg.com is acting wacky for me, but you might be able to score the PDF there. You'll have to print it out on your own of course.

Best of luck!

Remove ads