FR: Champions of Valor, Who's got it?

Dark Psion

First Post
...And what's in it?

Does it have anything new or is it just another Harpers, Sorta like Harpers, and not that different from Harpers?

BobROE

Explorer
I just got it so I haven't read it all. But it seems to be focused on orders of various types, mostly knightly but some monk and some nature oriented. Very little on the harpers (ie like 2 paragraphs).

Archade

Azer Paladin
I just got it, and gave it the once over, and it's got some interesting stuff. This is what struck me as personally interesting...

- background regions in addition to the standard FR geographic regions

- more initiate feats, now available for rangers and paladins, etc.

- substitution levels based on organizations in the FR

- updated rules for glassteel

- rules for horse breeds

Wycen

Explorer
I gave it a good read today and might check it out again.

It is chock full of obscure and fewer less obscure knightly, exalted and godly feats, spells and organizations.

This book seemed like a good choice for cherry picking what you want and convert to your own campaign.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
SWEET! :) So does Torm upgrade well? How about Tyr? *enjoys those two gods especially*

Any Hammers of Tyr or Swords of Torms? Mentions of orders in say Amn or Damara?

Wycen

Explorer
Nightfall said:
SWEET! :) So does Torm upgrade well? How about Tyr? *enjoys those two gods especially*

Any Hammers of Tyr or Swords of Torms? Mentions of orders in say Amn or Damara?

There's truck loads of stuff on Tyr, Torm and what they call the Triad, (who is the 3rd Lawful god who hangs out with those two?). I'd almost say too much stuff, but then I remember this is a book about being goodie goodie.

I don't remember Amn having much of anything, but I do recall an organization or two based in Damara. One was for monks of Ilmater if memory serves.

Corinth

First Post
I really dig the use of Substitution Levels for members of organizations that favor this or that class. Damn smart design there, guys! Keep it up!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I guess in Damara's case I was hoping they might talk about their interaction with cults of Orcus maybe.

For Tyr, more in the Moonsea area, specifically Phlan.

Illmater is the third god of the Triad. So only Illmater then in Damara?

*asked about Amn since he felt Tormish paladins SHOULD have a presence there if only because Amn needs a few good paladins now and again...*

Substitution levels?! For what orgs?!

Wycen

Explorer
tetsujin28 said:
Any stuff on the Red Knight?

I think so, but I remember the Knights of the Ruby Red Rose more, so I am having trouble thinking if there was anything more than just 1 feat. Something about strategy or survival...

Remove ads