• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FR: Champions of Valor, Who's got it?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Arn,

Just from the sounds/previews it does seem CoV has a SERIOUS upside/more well rounded approach than CoR did. This was the kind of stuff I wish had been in CoR, certainly substitution levels for say Cult of the Dragon wizards, or more feats than just that.

Just curious though Arn, does CoV have high level NPCs as possible challenges/encounters much like CoR does/did? If so, who?

BobROE

Explorer
No it doesn't. It has a few NPC's (highest is CR 13) but they're all linked to the organizations that are introduced in the book.

Aaron L

Hero
Wow, horse breeds? Thats just cool as heck. Between Races of Faeruns human ethnicity info and this, Im really starting to like the Realms and what theyre doing with it.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well certainly they are doing much better on the detail level but there are times I think they over do it on the crunch aspects. *sites Faiths and Panethons but will admit to liking the way they handled the Archfiends.*

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I took a gander at it last night at my FLGS, and I wasn't that impressed. I don't play FR, but FR stuff is usually fairly portable, and thus usable in our games. The contents of CoV, though, seemed much harder to steal than previous supplements. I think they went somewhat overboard with the substitution levels.

Also, what's with all the bloody knightly orders? I mean, seriously...perhaps I missed it, but aren't there non-Ilmater, non-Sun Soul monks? Or valorous rogues? I don't recall seeing anything like that in my (about 10 minute) look.

And I could swear they spent the better part of two pages describing a +3 bastard sword. Oy.

Brad

Banshee16

First Post
Godofredo said:
I'm especially curious if there is a substitution for a Paladin of Horus Re and if yes, is it any good

Thanks guys

Godo

Yes, I think they're called Claw of the Sun and Ankh or something like that. They get the ability to turn their hands into a hawk's talons to do unarmed damage, smite servants of Set, and to make their armor glow like the sun. Not super-damage type abilities, but pretty flavourful...

There's also an Initiate of Horus-Re feat that allows them to change into a hawk.

I won't go into any more detail than that.

Banshee

seankreynolds

Adventurer
Dark Psion said:
Does it have anything new or is it just another Harpers, Sorta like Harpers, and not that different from Harpers?

BTW Thomas and I wanted to get away from the Harpers, as they'd been covered A LOT in other recent FR books, so we didn't talk about Harpers much in COV.

Remove ads