My Deluxe Character Sheet - please rate and critique!

I rate this character sheet...

Nyaricus

First Post
Well here is my own custom Deluxe Character Sheet which I humbly submit to you EN Worlders. Please rate on a scale of 1-10 and if you didn't like some aspect of this sheet, please bring it up - feedback is very appreciated in any area. Please note that this sheet has Faerun-specific details (namely, languages) which is why is has the Faerun descriptor in it's name.

This sheet is best veiwed with Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Veiwer - I personally favour Open Office Writer but I've found thatit can have some issues with some of the formatting. Here's a link for Word Veiwer 2003 for those who have Open Office. It won't let you edit it (if you wish to) but you can at least see it properly :)

Poll is forthcoming. Poll is up.

Note: Newest Version is attached to post 49

Attachments

• Delux Faerun Char Sheet v3.doc
    216 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I vote 9. It´s very well done and I love the fact that it's doc.format. It´s almost but not totally perfect. Weapons section could be a little larger and I'd like to see the ammunition section divided to a few separated sections so you can keep track of different kinds of ammunition. But there are many things that make up for the few downsides. Notably: the language section and the huge skill section... I love it...

Aus_Snow

First Post
Agh, sorry Nyaricus! That was meant to be a 6, not a 4. :eek: Well, at least I posted a clarification I suppose. Er. Kinda looks like a 6, if you look at it right? :confused:

I thought it was pretty good overall, above average perhaps. But, to put this into some kind of perspective, I really don't like most of the character sheets I've come across, and have decided to make my own when I need them for each new campaign. So '6' is basically a compliment (of sorts) from this critic. ;)

Nyaricus

First Post
Blackrat said:
I vote 9. It´s very well done and I love the fact that it's doc.format. It´s almost but not totally perfect. Weapons section could be a little larger and I'd like to see the ammunition section divided to a few separated sections so you can keep track of different kinds of ammunition. But there are many things that make up for the few downsides. Notably: the language section and the huge skill section... I love it...
Thanks for the feedback :) A few comments:

• Weapons: bigger how so? Larger boxes or more of 'em for different weapons?
  • Ammunition: I actually just re-formatted that part tonight, so excuse it if it's of a worse quality than the rest of the sheet. The boxes for Ammunition are 2x2, so I could downsize them to 1x1 - but I've found they get "lost" (forgotten) in play when they are that small. Not sure what to do for that...
  • Languages: thanks for the love on the languaes section :) That is something which I kinda take pride in because Axiem's original version had terrible formatting for them, and didn't even include them all. Also, the second row for the Faerun languages insure that your homebrew's language list will fit in there with relative ease.
  • Skills: What did you like in particular about it? the extra slots, ease-of-reading? anything or just in general?

Nyaricus

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
Agh, sorry Nyaricus! That was meant to be a 6, not a 4. :eek: Well, at least I posted a clarification I suppose. Er. Kinda looks like a 6, if you look at it right? :confused:

I thought it was pretty good overall, above average perhaps. But, to put this into some kind of perspective, I really don't like most of the character sheets I've come across, and have decided to make my own when I need them for each new campaign. So '6' is basically a compliment (of sorts) from this critic. ;)
Yeah, sure Aus... *shuffles away* I am sure you meant a 6... :(

No harm dude ;)

Honestly, if I can thaw the heart of one who prefers his own creations over others, then I think I'm on to something :) Thanks for the feedback buddy.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well first of all you made so many slots for different knowledge, perform, and craft skills. You could have included the psionic skills. And with the weapons i mean there could be more of them: mostly I just dm but when I play myself I tend to make characters with something big to really hurt, something big&blunt to really hurt those skeletons, something really small 'coz you never know when you need to fight in a 3ftx3ft tunnel, something you can use to do subdual damage, some ranged weapon, few throwables and so on and so on... If nothing else there could be boxes for bite and claw attacks in addition to those you've listed. There is allways someone looking to play a half-dragon.

Last edited:

Nyaricus

First Post
Blackrat said:
Well first of all you made so many slots for different knowledge, perform, and craft skills. You could have included the psionic skills. And with the weapons i mean there could be more of them: mostly I just dm but when I play myself I tend to make characters with something big to really hurt, something big to really hurt those skeletons, something really small 'coz you never know when you need to fight in a 3ftx3ft tunnel, something you can use to do subdual damage, some ranged weapon, few throwables and so on and so on...
Cool. Personally, I don't use Psionics in my games (though I have the book :p) so they go excluded. But I left those extra slots for that or for anything else which may come up. And to fill the bottom of the first page.

As for weapons, I could see the need for those that are heavy with weapons, but I just don't know where I'd find the space! I could cut out 'Notable Combat Mods' and the Total ASF/Total ACP tabels and maybe fit in another line of weapons, but that's stretching it.... Lets see if I can, tomorrow. Cause I need sleep now :p

Again, thanks for the feedback.

PS: for those who have voted favourably: would you consider using it (or one with slight tweaks) for your games?

Nyaricus

First Post
Well, I lied so here's a version which has an 'Alternative Weapon' Slot - which actually fit in perfectly. Actually, I like this one better because it gets rid of the empty space created by the Total ASF/Total ACP tables and reduces the combat mods table to around the size of the skill and spell mods areas.

Also, I fixed a few problems with the to hit/damage add-ups: notably I added back in 'Str or Dex' for the to-hit for Primary and off-hands attacks. Not sure why these would have been left out in the first place :confused:

Also, reorganised some of the Armour stats: notably where ASF is.

I see quite a few downloads and veiws for this page and the document: any more feedback? Nightfall, I can see you took a peak and liked it: what say ye? :)

Attachments

• Delux Faerun Char Sheet v3.doc
    223 KB · Views: 166

Hairfoot

First Post
That's a great effort. I've spent several hours in front of Word trying to create something similar, but with little success. I rate it 9.

The AC, languages, and ammunition sections are first-class, and I like the way you've classified the melee weapons.

It seems the stat numbers get cut off at the bottom unless I reduce it 6-point, which makes it tiny. Perhaps squeeze down the "Skill Points (max/min)" box and give the stats some vertical breathing space.

I'm an encumbrance fascist, so I'll divide the inventory into "on person" and "in container", and I always like body location slots (worn on head, feet, chest, fingers etc).

And what's the "entangling weapons" business?

Remove ads