A little reminder folks

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
The Lounge is not an OOC room, it's not a room for prolonged discussion, period. OOC discussion goes in the Nexus please. If people continue to banter in the Longue instead I will have to look into some means to make it impossible to post in there and I'd rather not.

Thanks for your consideration.

Gabriel

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
Magi_Gabriel said:
If people continue to banter in the Longue instead I will have to look into some means to make it impossible to post in there and I'd rather not.
Gabriel

Suggestion - How about we nix the idea of the lounge, and when people log into chat they automatically go to the Nexus. Viola!

Adrie

First Post
I like the lounge... I mean why should those few people ruin it for us? yes I will say occassionally we (meaning everyone) type something in the lounge perhaps thinking we had entered the room we wanted. I know I have almost a few times and probably have done it too....
and wouldn't closing the lounge cause more work for Gabriel?

Meh

First Post
You do not need to get rid of the lounge, just make your default log in room then OOC room. Honestly I did not think that this thread needed to be replied to.

I thought when the nexus was made it was made as a place for people to talk OOC without the interruptions of people logging in and out all the time. Moving the place where people sign into as the nexus will cause more problems then it will solve. I know when I use the nexus I don't want to see line after line of: 'user_x has logged in', 'user_x has left the room', 'user_y has logged in', etc etc. You make the default login page as the nexus, all you're really doing is changing the name of the lounge.

That said, why not talk in the lounge? I know i'd rather see OOC conversations go to the nexus (and when I want to talk OOC with someone that's exactly where I head), but I thought the general reason why the nexus was made was so that conversations could go on uninterrupted. If people want to have interrupted conversations in the lounge, I see no reason why they can't. But i'm short sighted, perhaps there is an issue with people conversing in the lounge that I have not yet seen. Personally I just don't see the problem with defining the lounge as a second OOC room for people to talk in. But thats just me. If people are NOT to talk in the lounge (for reasons I fail to see unfortunately) then the only option I see is to make talking in the lounge impossible and NOT move the default login page to the nexus.

...though it does seem a bit out of the way to have to head over to the nexus to test wether the new text colour i've chosen for my new character is hard to see on the default background of the chat.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Uhm...two OOC rooms? I thought the Nexus was because we only needed one...and the lounge...well that's the 'I've-signed-in-and-forgotten-about-that-screen-for-a-while' sorta room. In my oppinion anyways. I really think people shouldn't even need to post there...let alone want to. Although. I'm certainly not innocent, so I prolly dont count for too much.

Imreis

First Post
I tend to agree with Tyrian though i may be wrong and wont push the topic. the ooc room is great to drag someone to if you have questions concerning something and i dont know if anyone else gets it but those little PM windows drive me nuts, they slow down how the chat functions on my end. so moving entry room too the ooc is a bad idea. and when it comes to the lounge, i guess this is a bad question, but is it just for you to enter in and sit till you move? i rarely post in there but its usually to test a font before i use it. is that ok to do?

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
The reason the Longue is a "quiet" room is so you can log in, get your bearings and then go to the room that fits your roleplay best once you're settled for it.

I have nothing against people sitting around in it to see who logs in, nor helping newbies who appear in it and can't work out how to shift rooms etc. However since it is essentially a login apparatus and a first impression it's not room for general non-sense silliness, political discussion, etc.

Off topic areas go at the end of discussion sections, not at the beginning. If we get new people logging in and their first impression of the chat is that people sit around blabbing then they're quite likely to dismiss the place as another normal chat and leave it.

I don't want to hush the longue, both because I am a very busy guy so it'd chew a lot of time and I quite like the idea that someone new to the site can get help from people in the entry room who haven't "jumped in" yet.

However that does require that people treat it for what it is, a room you log into before you go into other rooms. Not a general OOC chit-chat room. All OOC discussion can go in the Nexus whether it be a serious discussion on plots, a gaming plan etc, or people wanting to discuss whether a new albumn is awesome or not.

Remove ads