Dawnforge - The True Kings

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
RG, OOC

Everyone can choose a color if they like. I'd like speech in "quotes" and thoughts in italics. I will make use of spoiler text and sblocks for foreign languages and privilaged information respectively. We'll try the Common tongue as a trader tongue for a bit, but if it gets to be too much of a hassle, we'll switch back to the rules as written.

~~~

Each of you had aided the Kingsmarch in fighting against the Valhedar Dominion, and as a consequence, had aided the kingdom of Deluin. Your deeds were legendary and had drawn the attention of the king. Each of you were asked to appear at court, as the king had something of great import he wished to discuss with you. You were led to the grand council chamber and seated at the council table itself. The king, two of his generals, and allies from the Durning Highlands, Sildanyr, and Anderland were present. One of the representatives from Sildanyr, a young dawn elf woman, quietly translated the king's request into Sylvan for those that did not speak the King's Tongue.

King Enir II held the gaze of each hero in turn, his blue eyes showing both wisdom and compassion. "Each of you has found a reason to aid the Kingsmarch against the Dominion, either from love of this land, hatred of the tieflings, defense of your own people, or the desire to protect the downtrodden. Your goals may be personal, or at one with my own, but I believe now they march side-by-side. The Dominion grows stronger while Deluin and Andlemere are bled dry by her relentless demonic conquest. If Deluin falls, Andlemere will as well, and the rest of the Kingsmarch will follow. If we stand united, we may stand against the tieflings and their fiends with an assurance of victory. If we stand as we have, divided and squabbling, we will eventually fall.

"It is said the Horn and Hound rivers are the only true kings in the Kingsmarch. They give us the water for our crops, and lines of transport, but they prevent any strong unity amongst the kingdoms. Any bridge to span them would have to be strong enough to survive multiple attempts to burn or destroy it, yet be able to be whisked away in an instant should we need to slow invaders. It must be tall enough to allow ships to pass, and there must be enough of them to allow free trade. Only with the Horn and Hound bridged thusly can the Kingsmarch be united and the tiefling threat ended.

"There are few magicians of such strength to create such bridges, and they are desperately needed here to battle the fiends. Even if they could be spared, they know little of the engineering needed to create the bridges we need. This is why I brought you here. There is a magician and craftsman of such skill and power that we need, a moon elf called Mirlona Starpiercer. However, she is reclusive and wary of humans. Finding her will be very difficult, and convincing her to help will be nearly impossible.

"However, I have someone who can help convince her. His name is Darvekis Shadowbane, and he is numbered amongst her oldest and must trusted friends. He is a tiefling wizard," and here King Enir holds up his hand to forestall the inevitable arguments, "and he is on our side. His purity of heart and sincerity to help have been vouched to me by a source that cannot be deceived. He has been aiding us as a spy for several years. I have recently learned he was discovered by his superiors, and is slated to be cast into one of their infernal summoning pits. This is this task I set to you, rescue Darvekis Shadowbane, find Mirlona Starpiercer and convince her to aid us, bring what she needs to bridge the Horn and Hound, and deliver her safely her to us. Will you aid the Kingsmarch?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The slender blond-haired Trueborn with light-green eyes nods and bows. When they were all called by name, he had been identified as Raynard. He is short for a Trueborn, but still fairly tall nonetheless. Though he wears no armour, he carries a gleaming shield of mithral silver with the symbol of a Trueborn noble family, and he looks upon the shield with equal parts affection, and wistful nostalgia before turning his gaze back to the king.*

"Your Majesty, I think I speak for all of us here when I say that it shall be so. We shall fight to our last breath to protect the innocents from the Valhedar threat."

unleashed

First Post
Haedyn, Male Lowlander Spirit Adept

*Settling his massive frame into a chair, after leaving his greataxe with the guards outside, Haedyn places his heavily muscled arms on the council table, as he returns the kings gaze unflinchingly. The gleaming mithral shirt wears, whispers softly as he shifts his weight during the king’s address, though his coal-black eyes are intent upon the king as he listens to what is said. Raising one hand from the table at the mention of the tiefling wizard, he traces a jagged scar which runs down his left cheek. As the king concludes, he sits back and runs his hands through short black hair, rolling his mighty shoulders as if to loosen them, before answering the question posed quietly in his deep gravelly voice.*

“Yes highness...I am always ready to serve the Kingsmarch.”

doghead

thotd
Hiitar Vain, male Tiefling Soldier

Hiitar lounges in his chair at the far end of the table. He sits at the end furthest from the King. While Hiitar has spent the last 5 years fighting in the service of Kingsmarch, the tiefling has no illusions as to how far he has to go to be considered an equal in this company. Indeed, Hiitar is aware that he may never. It doesn't bother him. He serves the Kingsmarch because because he believes its the right thing to do. Not for the adoration of its people.

Hiitar glances around the people who have been called to the chamber as he has been. Some he knows by sight, others only by reputation. An odd smile twist the corner of Hiitar's mouth.

"I have sworn myself to the service of the Kingsmarch, your Majesty. I am yours to command."

For a moment it looks as if Hiitar is about to continue. But instead he falls silent.

Last edited:

Widowmaker

First Post
Sir Aravir, Male Trueborn

Dressed in a furred cloak and the fine clothing of a noble Aravir sits in the chair listening to his cousin, the King. It is obvious from his physical characterstics he is of noble Trueborn heritage. His large frame and muscular build, though not as big as Haedyn, mark him as a warrior. He is only armed with a simple dagger on his belt.

Aravir stirs at the mention of having to trust a Tiefling. I hate Tieflings. I wonder what the story on the one sitting across the table is. He settles down and listens to the King.

"I have no other choice, cousin. I am here to serve." Aravir will state nodding his head.

Starman

Adventurer
The dawn elf known as Galanorthrim Evenyrdor nods at the King's speech. He is tall for a dawn elf at about five and a half feet, but he is still very slender. His long blonde hair is pulled back in a black leather cord. His blue eyes are cold and seem to lack some of the spark typical of the elves, nor does he seem to smile much, if at all. He wears robes of deep blue slashed in black dotted with white.

Two powerful wizards. I will have to see what I can learn from them. And the people of the Kingsmarch have long been troubled by the Dominion. Perhaps this will help them in their fight.

Galan gives a short nod to the King. "I would be honored to help your cause, your Majesty."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I am greatful for your help, your willingness and loyalty in face of the evil of the Dominion is a great inspiration to our people. I have a few maps, hastily-drawn but acuate, of the area where Darvekis is being held. The cliffs you see here are spattered with the blood of those who have attempted to claim this area, one way or the other. It's very difficult to hold because the summoning pits are so close. The demons can be released very easily to destroy those coming down the cliffs, and the soldiers in the triangular towers can force people into the summoning pits to be destroyed at the fiends' whims. The red spots, there and there, they are the slave pits, these are where they keep the sacrifices. The gray areas are the platforms where the diabolists do their infernal conjuring. We believe Darvekis to be held in one of the slave pits, and we do not expect him to be there long, perhaps only a few days at best.

"The cliff is steep, but is able to be walked down, albeit with a great deal of difficulty. The terrain is rocky there, and what little cover there was around the cliff and on the ground below has been blasted or worn away over the years. The three towers here give the soldiers an excellent view of anyone going down into the valley, and if you go in invisibly, they have hounds with keen noses and demons with unnatural sight. The slave pits themselves are well-guarded, and if the soldiers fail in their duties, the diabolists will call up and unleash demons to punish escapees, rescuers, and failed soldiers impartially. It will be a terrible challenge to simply get Darvekis out alive, but we will aid you with whatever you need, if we have it. What plans have you?"

Attachments

• DawnforgeMap1.JPG
    DawnforgeMap1.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 318

Rystil Arden

First Post
"For starters, we may need magics to ensure we can get to the Dominion's slave pits in time. Do we know exactly where this area is located on a larger map of Eadar? Beyond that, it seems that stealth would be quite difficult, but a full-on assault would be suicidal. We must find a middle-ground in this if we are to escape successfully. I would hope to be able to free not just our target but all the slaves, but I understand that realistically we may not be able to do so, and we must place out priority on the one who can bring us the help we need to defeat the Dominion forces."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Yes, this is right at the extreme northern edge of Deliun, just across the Shield River in Emerlyn. It butts up against the southern Durning Highlands..."

"Which is where my clan comes in," a red-haired highlander says, standing for the first time. He speaks the King's Tongue, albeit with an accent, and the elf woman continues to translate into Sylvan and back into the King's Tongue for those that don't speak it. "The Mukarvak clan will be holding a line of retreat for you. You can escape through the Highands and back into Anderland, and from there to Sildanyr."

"And we have our court wizard cast spells to bring forth horses of air, constructs that can gallop fast enough to bring you to the cliff's in a half-day's time. They will last no longer than that, but that will be all you will need to get you there," the king adds smoothly.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, excellent. And quite foolish of the Valhedar to keep an important prisoner so close to our lines. Demons are never a good thing, though. Are these conjured demons or have they physically entered Eadar? If they are conjured, they can be banished by a well-placed Dispelling by our good Wizard."

*He nods to the elf amongst them.*

Remove ads