Dawnforge - The True Kings

Widowmaker

First Post
"I agree. I am just saying lets not get to far ahead of ourselves. We are not going to be able to plan for everything. We need a general plan of action, from there we need to be able to adapt and be flexible." Sir Aravir will say to the other Trueborn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"While that's true, if we split into two teams, it would behoove us to have as much planned ahead of time as possible--'just winging it' when the other team doesn't expect what we are about to do could prove a deadly mistake, whereas if we designate fallbacks, they will know how to react if we do something similar."

(OOC: Says the Neutral Good guy to the Lawful Neutral Guy :lol: :D)

Starman

Adventurer
"I don't think we need a plan beyond 'one group creates a diversion while the other group sneaks the tiefling out.' We designate a point to regroup. If a group cannot make it to the rally point, then they just continue back to safe territory on their own. Then we will regroup here," Galan says.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We should have a few simple contingencies--what happens if the diversion is realised as such and security is actually heightened? We probably want to have everyone retreat. After a few cat-and-mouse ploys, we could make the true assault. What happens if the diversionary forces cannot hold long enough to present a safe egress? We may want to come up with a way to let the infiltrators know."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
One of the commanders takes a moment to speak up. "I am not certain why the Dominion has chosen to place Darvekis so close to the front lines, but they must expect a rescue attempt. However, we have two legions at the ready, and six more in reserve. With your aid, I believe we can make a very showy and spectacular diversion. Our scouts could aid those in the rescue-party in getting close, and provide extra cover should it be necessary. The longer we can have them believing this was a simple advance by Deliun rather than a rescue effort, the farther you can get away before they set their trackers on you," he offers, tapping the map to indicate where the bulk of his troops lie.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Raynard nods in agreement and gives a grim smile.*

"Indeed. And of course, if the distraction manages to also strike a solid blow against the Dominion forces, we will have won two victories. All the more reason for a convincing distraction."

Ferrix

Explorer
A slender fellow, perhaps a saltblood or lowlander from what you can tell, stands off to the side observing quietly. Dressed in an array of soft gray leggings, shirt and doublet, he eyes the group over a sharp-nose which gives him the appearance of a weasel.

"It seems you have your plans worked out for yourselves then," he says in a smooth King's Tongue with no accent distinguishing him from the locals. "Riding into a Dominion summoning pit to secure a tiefling defector is not your normal kind of day, but it sure will be fun." He grins a worrying grin, as if he'll be enjoying this all too much.

"Now, it seems the commander here, what was your name again? Has a decent sort of diversion laid out for us already, let's take that as our advantage. Even with this crude map here, I'm certain we can get a better idea once we get to where we're going." He looks askance at the King, as if he wasn't expecting to be here, or put in this kind of position.

unleashed

First Post
Haedyn, Male Lowlander Spirit Adept

*Haedyn sits back, his hands behind his head, as the other discuss tactics...not speaking, but apparently considering all that is said.*

doghead

thotd
Hiitar Vain, male Tieflier Soldier.

"Perhaps it could be more than just a diversion," Hiitar interjects softly. "If we are going to throw so many at the pits, can not try and cripple them as well as rescue Darvekis. I am not schooled in the arcane arts, and do not exactly how this would be done. But it would be a fine quest for those of the Thunderous persuasion."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I'm usually more of the, well, I guess Persuasion persuasion, but that doesn't seem useful here, so I'll try to do something Thunderous. I certainly am not Stealthy enough to go with the other group."

Remove ads