• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Near future Sci-fi & psionics?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Hi all, I'm looking for some recommendations.
I'm considering doing a near future campaign, set on earth, about 50 years in the future, after/during WWIII. I'd also like to include psionics.

What rule system do you fellows recommend? I was considering going with Spycraft and Shadowforce Archer, but I see the new version of Spycraft is out. However, it doesn't appear to support psionics.

Should I be looking at d20 Future instead? Any other systems that might be better? I prefer the mosre fluid skills and feat based psionics over d20's class and level based version.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
How about Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition. Just use low level 'normal characters' in the 5-7 PL range. Psionics and other abilities are easily created using the Powers. Very fluid.

You could also look at True20 which is quite good but it is a more level based system.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Yellow Sign said:
How about Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition. Just use low level 'normal characters' in the 5-7 PL range. Psionics and other abilities are easily created using the Powers. Very fluid.

I don't know anything about M&M, but I'm assuming it doesn't get too detailed about ultra-modern/slightly futuristic firearms and equipment. That's critical.

I'm kinda considering just using White Wolf's Trinity.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
I did see a psionics system posted for Spycraft 2.0 (if you want highly detailed ultra-modern/slightly futuristic firearms and equipment). Let me see if I can find the link for it.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Yellow Sign said:
I did see a psionics system posted for Spycraft 2.0 (if you want highly detailed ultra-modern/slightly futuristic firearms and equipment). Let me see if I can find the link for it.

Please do. I'd love to see this.

arscott

First Post
I've had good success using the Feats and Skills rules from Green Ronin's Psychic handbook in my Dark•Matter games. (And it scales down to low power really easily simply by not letting characters take Psionic Skills as Class Skills.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads