Curse of the Azure Bonds chapter 1: Tilverton

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
You awaken to the sound of two dogs barking and the morning hubbub of wagons and carriages passing by your window. You are resting on a simple straw tick covered with graying sheets. You look around to find your companions similarly laid out, and just now awakening. You remember an attack, dark figures leaping out the shadows and appearing magically among your midsts.

Then nothing, a deep void of blackness, until your awakening.

They got just about everything. Weapons, armor, adventuring gear. All gone. Fortunately they didn't get your money. Xi-Selorn and Ferrik often sleep next to each other with the cash between them, and even the greediest of thieves would apparently think twice before going between those two hulks to get the money. You reach for it, then stop—as you notice that your entire right arm has been covered by an ornate, gleaming tattoo, marked with strange and arcane symbols!

Falkus

Explorer
Dominic Vasquez groaned loudly as he woke up. Where am I? he thought to himself. What happened? Where's my gear? What's going on here?

As he pushed himself up, he saw the tattoo on his arm. That's a nice tattoo. How the hell did I get that?

"Guys, we've got a problem," Dominic stated.

Raylis

First Post
Ferrik of Rasheman

Standing at 6’7” Ferrik is best described as big. He wears his raven black hair down to the top of his shoulder blades but keeps his face clean shaven. His body is criss crossed with battle scars and there are three matching scars crossing his hazel eyes. In addition to a pair of worn leather breeches he wears a broad grin on his face and always seems not be paying his fullest attention.

Pushing himself off of the tick, rubbing the back of his head, "Oi, no more jhuild before sleeping! I had the most horrible...where is my sword?" he pats the ground looking around him obviously confused.

He stands looking around "Where are we? Where is my sjorl ? Our things? Us?" Turning his head to Dominic, "What is the problem my friend Dominic? Have your things gone missing too?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Sidra wakes out her nightmarish haze, her pale blonde fur mussed, her pale gray eyes wide with surprise and confusion, and not a little fear. Tall as some of the others, but far thinner and more elegantly build, the litorian woman slinks off of the bed to stand unsteadily by the door. "I... don't know. How would a thief miss our platinum but take everything else? And why tattoo us? It makes no sense in the world..." Sidra says slowly, taking in the strange situation. She perks up her ears and listens outside the room, going to the window to try to figure out where exactly they are.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Sidra hears nothing going on outside the room, but sees across the street the marvelous edifice of the House of the Wonderbringer, the largest temple of Gond on mainland Faerun. As each of you heard at some point before you began your journey, Tilverton is a holy city for the god of crafts, and has the largest population of Gondarran faithful outside of Lantan. There seems to be a service starting, as there is a large crowd filing in through the main entrance.

Dominic looks closely at the tattoos. Five distinct markings run up the length of his upper-right forearm. It appears as though they're not actual tattoos, but they exist below the skin. They also seem and feel like they're moving.

Attachments

• bond1`.JPG
    bond1`.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 257
  • bond2.JPG
    bond2.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 273
  • bond3.JPG
    bond3.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 277
  • bond4.JPG
    bond4.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 250
  • bond5.JPG
    bond5.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
"Well, with a few hundred platinum and enough time, I can rebuild my wealth," Dominic said, cheering up slightly as he discovered his stash of cash. "Still, you're right. It's damn odd that they'd leave the money. Most thieves wouldn't even leave us alive, right?" He looked at the tattoo again. "Ah. Guys. These tattoos. I think there's something magical about them. Give them a close look, and you'll see what I mean. This can't just be a robbery."

bluegodjanus

Explorer
Maesnir sits up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Tattoos? What?" She looks down at her arm and frowns. "How'd I get those without noticing?"

She hops to her feet and looks around, just becoming cognizant enough to realise their things were missing. "Didn't anyone hear anything?" She curses, something about her hammers.

"We need to find who did this. Any clues?" she asks, as she starts to search the area for just such a thing.

Voadam

Legend
"Clues?" snarls Xi-Selorn. "They came out of the darkness, and they were quick. I remember that much. And they left us wherever here is with these skin runes. Rune thanes you think? Red Wizards?" The towering giant slamms one massive fist into the palm of the other hand with a loud smack as the frustration seems like it will burst out of him without physical expression. "Where did they leave us?"

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Maesnir cases the room, and finds a couple items of interest:

1. silver hairbrush, apparently left by a former guest. The initials A.C. are inscribed on the handle.

2. A Gondarran scripture book, stamped as issued to the Windlord's Rest Inn of Tilverton on the inner front and back covers, standard-issue in every inn room in Tilverton no doubt. It extolls the virtues of patience and consistent action, and of course, the more needlessly-complex an invention is, the more sacred it is in Gond's eyes!

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
"If I had to wager a guess," Dominic said, looking out the window. "I'd say we were in Tilverton. The tattoos aren't that bad, I'd have paid money to get one done like this. I'd preferred something a bit more subtle though." He continued, his lighthearted outlook on life starting to return as the initial concern started to subside.

Remove ads