Early morning phone calls, death threats and other strangeness…

Urizen

First Post
Early morning phone calls, death threats and other strangeness…

I’m making this post because events of the past few weeks have proven to be a harrowing experience and, if this nightmarish trend of events continues, these posts may very well be my last. I’ve always had an infatuation with all things paranormal. Ghosts, conspiracy theories, the possibility of alien life visiting this planet… These and other subjects have been a great spark for my imagination over the years. Of course I had always endeavored to maintain a level head, dismissing these subjects as little more than real life science-fiction, considering those who engaged in serious investigation of them to be slightly “off-center.” Then came the Alien Invasion project.

I had an idea back in April of this year to do a rpg supplement dealing with the notion that alien life is secretly visiting this planet, studying it’s people, and even in some cases working with various world governments to prepare for some future event. The idea seemed pretty cool, but my schedule prevented me from fully engaging in the writing.

A friend (who has asked to remain nameless) suggested that I contact Michael Tresca. I’ve been a fan of Michael’s work, especially his work with RPGobjects. His projects have always been well-researched and his writing style top-notch, so when he agreed to do the project I was thrilled! I provided Michael with a few links to websites I had looked at during my preliminary research and then he went to work.

Over the next few months I continued my own research into aliens, U.F.O.sightings and other phenomena including crops circles, cattle mutilations and fringe elements of society. I was simply looking for more cool and interesting angles on the genre that might make the book more interesting. That’s when I discovered the Majestic-12 documents.

Majestic-12 (often referred to as MJ-12) was a secret government project enacted in 1947 by Harry S Truman for the purposes of monitoring alien activity, investigating sightings and, when appropriate, recovering wreckage from crashes. Most people believe it’s a hoax. I used to believe it was a hoax, but I’m not so sure anymore.

I decided that I would include some sample pdfs of the real documents in the pdf to provide game masters and players with what I felt were interesting tidbits of information to be used in campaign involvings Alien Invasion. I sent off emails to various people I had been discussing the project with, notifying them of my intentions and got positive response. I contacted Clyde Lewis, a prominent radio talk show host and asked for his permission to reference Ground Zero Radio – a show dealing with all sorts of topic including alien abductions and sightings – in the book. Clyde was ecstatic about the idea.

He and I started corresponding on the subject of Majestic-12 and other strange occurences, such as a virus of unknown origin which has been quietly spreading across the nation over the past few years. We talked about his car bombing and how it was tied to an aline sighting in Utah back in ’92 and other secret projects. We made plans to promote the book on his radio show. Editing began and art direction was going smoothly. Smooth sailing, right?

Then things began to get weird.

I started receiving some weird emails from individuals warning me to stop development on Alien Invasion. These individuals specifically said not to mention the majestic-12 or the alien sighting in Utah. If I did, they would be forced to take certain measures. I replied saying I wouldn’t be bullied. I sat at my computer one morning, went to open my copy of Alien invasion and found the document was missing. Did someone hack my computer and erase the data? I’m, not sure, but I had to get another copy (which I promptly stored on an external hard drive).

Since the emails, I’ve had multiple problems with my computer and am now thinking I need to get another one. My dog has been poisoned, and As editing continues on the manuscript and I correspond with Michael and my editors, I have been receiving strange phone calls telling me to disavow any knowledge of Majestic-12 and other supposedly ‘sensitive” material of suffer the consequences.

My conversations with Clyde have been strange. He is now very hesitant to dsiscuss this book, but won’t say exactly why. My college courses have been cancelled. The financial department claims I haven’t paid the tuition even though I have copies of the check and I think I’m being followed.

I plan on releasing this book very soon. I won’t be dissuaded by these individuals, whoever they may be. After all, this is just a role-playing game supplement… isn’t it?

I’m not so sure anymore.

Disclaimer: The preceding message is a promotion which is, for the most part, fiction, presented to you in the spirit of the upcoming Alien Invasion sourcebook, an rpg supplement for use with the d20 mdoern gaming system which deals with conspiracy theories, presenting the notion that aliens exist and inhabit our world. It is not the intention of this writer or anyone affiliated with Reality Deviant Publications to discredit anyone or insinuate that anyone is really in danger. Our goal is to raise awareness of the book in an interesting manner. It is our hope that, in the spirit of role-playing games, that you see this (and future) message as an opportunity participate in an ongoing mystery surrounding this book and future supplements. This is for entertainment purposes only. Thanks for your time.
---David Jarvis, head of Reality Deviant Publications

amdobrit

First Post
*snicker*

Now that was really cool. I'm not much into d20 Modern type stuff, but this is something that I will buy.

There are aliens walking among us, and everyone knows the government lies like a sack of potatoes to its citizens.

MenInBlack

First Post
This is obviously a hoax. Everyone knows there is no such thing as Majestic 12. The very idea is silly. I doubt anyone would buy such a product, based on its utter lack of credibility. Mr. Jarvis, you might as well just discontinue the project right now.

And I highly doubt even if MJ-12 existed, that those who exist to protect its secrecy would ever poison a dog. A cat, maybe, but certainly not a dog.

So, to reiterate, Mr. Jarvis, it would be in everyone's best interest if you just discontinued the project. I hope you understand. I wouldn't want to have to visit Dallas.

amdobrit

First Post
MenInBlack said:
This is obviously a hoax. Everyone knows there is no such thing as Majestic 12. The very idea is silly. I doubt anyone would buy such a product, based on its utter lack of credibility. Mr. Jarvis, you might as well just discontinue the project right now.

And I highly doubt even if MJ-12 existed, that those who exist to protect its secrecy would ever poison a dog. A cat, maybe, but certainly not a dog.

So, to reiterate, Mr. Jarvis, it would be in everyone's best interest if you just discontinued the project. I hope you understand. I wouldn't want to have to visit Dallas.

Hey! Leave cats out of this!

Urizen

First Post
((Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it!)
MenInBlack said:

I won't discontinue the project. And I reiterate, I won't be bullied by you and your spook squad.

It figures that you would come online and post here, trying to discredit me. You're probably the one who poisoned my dog. Ironically by your posting on here, you are proving that the information I have access to has merit.

Care to discuss this top-secret layout of a military installation in Upstate New York?

How about this image of a research team examining what is obviously an Alien grey?

As you can see, Alien Invasion will shed light on the truth. There is no stopping it. When my good friends here at Enworld and also Rpgnow.com put this book out people will finally have access to the truth, and maybe my dog's death will have meaning.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
is there any truth that you have found something larger than yourself. do you really believe you are safe publishing this material when people are already crank calling. it is possible you are suffering from some form of mild to severe delusion. if that is the case finishing this book will not help your psychological state. in fact it will only worsen it. any hard evidence of publishing any of the material will propagate the issue. your readers will laugh at and mock you. how could you live with such humiliation. your dog is already dead. who is next.

Remove ads