Incarnum CAmpaign Anyone?

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Was just wondering if anyone would show enough enthusiasm to play in an incarnum-based campaign.

I havent relly got many details, though will elaborate if enough people show interest in this. though it would likely be a self-contained adventure, not a fully fledged campiagn. Setting would be of my own devising, using many elements from the campiagn suggestions in MoI

Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
player 4:

Alternatives:
Player 1:
Player 2:

campaign is level 6 (17,500 xp to be precise), 32 point buy for abilities. Hp arehigh average (1st max). wealth is standard for level 6 - no item can cost more than half the total wealth.
class/race details can be found some posts down.

and please read the background information (posts 18 and 19) if youre interested. you dont want to play in an adventure with history and background you dont like

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Question: if youre serious about that its an alternate magic system by WotC that came out in the book: Magic of Incarnum.

Isida: nice to know someone's interested :) i had an idea for a solo campaign too, if no one else shows interest, though ill leave it a while longer before i make up my mind. i have few details at the moment but will elaborate if other people show interest

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Question, it's a little complicated to get into, but basically it's soul magic. The soulstuff of the cosmos is called incarnum. People can shape it into things called soulmelds, something like an adjustable magic item. You also having something called essentia, which represents a kind of spiritual strength. The more essentia you have, the more you can do with incarnum.

You can use essentia to power other things than soulmelds, like special feats. One might let you do so much extra damage depending on how much essentia you have invested in it, another might let you do more healing with spells. Also, with the appropriate feats, you can use essentia to empower arcane or divine magic, or psionic powers.

The soulmelds are generally things only certain classes can shape (the ones given in Magic of Incarnum), but by taking feats a lay person could learn to shape one too. Soulmelds take up places on your body like magic items, and grant you a base ability. You can invest essentia in them to enhance the base ability. If you're powerful enough, you can bind a soulmeld to one of your chakras (hands, feat, arms, brow, crown, etc) and gain additional, different associated powers of that soulmeld.

It's like having a bunch of custom-order magic items you can tinker with at will. Or, if you just have a few incarnum feats, you can enhance your abilities or spells in interesting, personalized ways.

So, that's Magic of Incarnum in a nutshell.

Yozosafi

First Post
I'm not at all familiar with Incarnum rules but I do have the book. If you wouldn't mind putting up with that I'll be glad to play. :)

Question

First Post
Can we play non-incarnum based classes(the ones not listed in the incarnum book)? I may be interested in giving this a go.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I, of course, cannot speak for the DM, but there are incarnum options for every base class in terms of feats (and also spells and psionic powers). There are also racial substitution levels for the standard races, but they're for the incarnum classes, which doesn't really help.

gabrion

First Post
I'm a huge fan of Incarnum. Magic of Incarnum is one of the few books printed by WotC of late that I felt was really worth buying. (Of course that didn't stop me from buying pretty much everything else too, but that's just a personal problem).

I'd love to play in a game like this, either as a totemist melee character, or an Incarnate "skill monkey" (keeping in mind of course that Incarnum is versatile enought that such titles are more fluid than usual). My preferance would be to play in a game starting at 5th level or so. I really don't like trudging through early levels in PbP. With Incarnum I feel like this is even more true, since soulmelds give characters options, and starting at the beginning would limit the exposure to the material.

Anyway, I'm exicted to play if you find a place for me.

Remove ads