Incarnum CAmpaign Anyone?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Okiday, then definitely a NG duskling totemist! Geverlyn Oshavalari, woman of both passion and compassion, particularly devoted to the lammasu and the shedu, phoenix and blink dog, as well as other embodiments of good.

"Aye, I'm a good 'un, more than most, though not as much as some. And I'm a cunning old beast, that's for certain. And arrogant. I've been told that more times than grass grows. But I don't hear people arguing when I pluck their hides out of the fires, eh? Ah, but that's all honey or hillocks, isn't it? What's good for one now is not good for another.

"I chose my path for reasons... well, reasons. The old war mostly. Elyden ripped herself apart and she still isn't healthy yet. I mean to get her back again. Not the way she was, 'cause that sure didn't work, but I want her better. I want people happy, I want to see children smiling again, I want songs and tales of valour and bravery, I want fields full of grain and woods full of dryads. Tall order? Without a doubt. But it's not going to get done with me standing around now is it? If I have to start a few legends myself to get this place started on the right track, then... so be it!"

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Ok.

the dusklings are, as the incarnum book suggests, extraplanar creatures come to the material, perhaps trying to escape a calamity of their own, or sensing the imbalance in the material, come to rectify certain inewquities.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
i know it isnt but it does introduce three complex classes to the game and though i have the book, i have not had chance to read it properly yet since i have a lot of work to do on the campaign.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Nalfeshnee? I was wondering if you had some character generation rules? :) Perhaps we could get our characters done by the time you're finished reading the book.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
well it doesnt seem as anyone else is that interested. ill give it a week or so, and if no one else posts anything ill try my hand at a solo campaign. im sure you wont mind, Isida :)

well i was really hoping to get an indicator of how many people were going to play before posting any character gen ideas, though as a basic, ill go for 32 point buy, and high average hit points every level (first level max). Wealth is standard, though no one item can cost more than half the gp total

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
ancient to semi-recent history and background info can be found a few posts above.

as to more contemporary info - the land youll be starting in is called... Caledonia. It is feudalistic society that has a deep knotted history with the Sapphire Hierarchs. The sapphire hierarchs are similar to what the christian religion was in the dark ages - imposing its beliefs on everyone in the surrounding area. It is a somehwat dark place - plague is not uncommon, and he common folk who live away from the few large cities find life hard. In the cities, things are more civil, with the teeming masses (mostly humans, with some azurin, aasimar and tiefling) going about their business without a care for what is going on in the world at large.

The Sapphire Hierarchs are a power behind the throne, seen as iconoclasts by cynics and the only solid pillar of civilisation by the believing. In truth, they are somewher ein between that picture.

What im thinking now is that you will all be working for the Hierarchs. This could be due to your faith, or perhaps the church has something on you and a 'bribe' youve been convinced to do a mission for them. Anything will do, and can serve to flesh out characters.

moritheil

First Post
I've often wondered if Incarnum is really as broken as people claim, balance-wise, or if that is exaggerated. It would be interesting to see if one of my non-Incarnum builds could compete with a (presumably expert-made) Incarnum build in whatever situations arise. To that end, I am interested in a character built largely without Incarnum rules, but living in an Incarnum campaign.

Before I attempt to make one, however, I need to know a few things:
- What alignment should party members be? Is, say, CE discouraged?
- How important are alignment and religion?
- Are truly strange or heretical classes such as Ur-Priest looked down upon or persecuted?
- Are caps on skills such as Diplomacy imposed?
- Are there any other sorts of houserules or limitations players should be aware of that do not arise in the rules themselves?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I also have an idea for a second character, an azurin or perhaps human incarnate 3/wizard 3 heading for the soulcaster PrC. I was wondering if that might make a better foil for the Sapphire Hierarchs. I would see him as a good or law incarnate, very devoted to his ideal, but resistant to the impositions the Hierarchs are making on the surrounding communities. I don't know what role soulcasters might play in this campaign, but if they're the "old establishment" or new resistance I could make a pretty spiffy character! And if not, I could still make a pretty spiffy character!

Remove ads