• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enhanced Traits

hero4hire

Explorer
Essentially an Enhanced Trait is a Normal Trait (Feats, Attack, Defense, Skills) bought as a Power.

The cost is the same but the Trait may now be treated as a Power and as such may have Extras, Flaws, Drawbacks and Extra Effort applied to it. It also may be Drained, Mimicked and Nullified as a Power.

During Character Creation though Enhanced Traits should be closely inspected for rules abuse but fits many concepts

Enhanced Traits are in the Book Ultimate Power page 47 if you have that source material and is considered an expansion of Enhanced Ability in the main M&M rulebook.

Salix

First Post
Let me give it some thought. I'm ordering Ultimate Power from my local shop today. Might be ten days till I get it, although I may have an opinion before that. Still haven't heard from Green Ronin about posting their content. I will send a follow up personal message today. there was a lot of good discussion in the discussion thread. Maybe we could move it over here?

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Enhanced Traits is one of my favorite aspects of M&M 2E, since it makes it easier to represent certain things.

Want to give your battlesuit some targeting arrays? Give it ranks in Enhanced Attack, or Enhanced Feats (Attack Focus [Ranged]).

Want to build a Doctor Who-esque Sonic Screwdriver? Device 1 (5pp, easy to lose) (Enhanced Skills 5 [Craft/Electronic +6, Craft/Mechanical +6, Disable Device +8]).

Want someone who was blessed to always have "coin enough for comfort, coin enough for company"? Give them Enhanced Feats 2 (Benefit 2 [Wealth x2]). As a magical blessing (built with Enhanced Feats), it can be boosted (by either Boost or Extra Effort), or Drained, or even temporarily Nullified by some outside agent.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
I am shaking things up a bit Rystil. :0 ;)
Well, I'm actually in favour of this proposal, but I'm against giving Judges the ability to vote for their own proposals. Keeping it the other way has worked fine in LEB and LEW.

Remove ads