July 07: Monster Manual V, Maps of Adventure

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Oh woah, totally missed the comma in that. Was trying to figure out why Monster Manual V would have a secondary title of Maps of Adventure.

I hope they don't do what they did with MMIV with MMV. I would be really happy if I saw a book titled Classed Monstrous NPCs or something to that effect with a much catchier name..

NiTessine

Explorer
I'm hoping for modrons.

And giant space hamsters, and the bonnacon.

As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many monsters.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I cannot for the life of me figure out why they keep creating new monsters when lots of classic monsters I would love to pay money to have updated sit there untouched.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
How many Monster Manuals are there going to be? Is this going to be like Kenzer's Hacklopedia series, where you need eight books to have them all? :\

Sejs

First Post
Alzrius said:
How many Monster Manuals are there going to be? Is this going to be like Kenzer's Hacklopedia series, where you need eight books to have them all? :\

Long as they can keep coming up with monsters, there will be monster books.

So in short: no, there will never be a stop to them.

Monsters, magic items and spells. Long as the edition persists, there'll be more of 'em.

Aeric

Explorer
Alzrius said:

Count your blessings. At least they're books. They could be one giant three-ring binder with packs of monster pages coming out periodically. *shudders at the memory*

Remove ads