• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

July 07: Monster Manual V, Maps of Adventure

Shade

Monster Junkie
I wonder how far along they are in development on it? In other words, will the negative feedback have an impact on MMV, or is it already too late?

Razz

Banned
Banned
BOZ said:
heck yeah. i might actually consider getting this one if at least say 1/4 of the monsters were conversions... that was one of the major turnoffs for me on MM4, and the almost-no conversion representation in MM3 has made me really slow in getting that as well.

Same reasons here. I liked MM3, though, despite there being like 5% converted monsters in the whole book. I had hoped MM4 was going to be 50/50 or 75/25 as ratio for new/converted monsters but we all got screwed in that department along with a few others (lowest monster count in a Monster Manual, for one).

Here's to hoping MM5 redeems what MM4 lost credit with WotC for! :D

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Crust said:
Wizards will publish anything. It's incredible. Complete Mage when we already have Complete Arcane? Dragon Magic when we already have a Draconomicon? The Book of Nine Swords is another waste of trees. And the MM4? Do we really need those spawn of Tiamat? Wizards gotta get their paper, I suppose. :\
So far I'm loving Complete Mage and The Book of Nine Swords and I've already asked Santa to slip Dragon Magic under the tree for me.

Mortis

First Post
airwalkrr said:
I cannot for the life of me figure out why they keep creating new monsters when lots of classic monsters I would love to pay money to have updated sit there untouched.
I agree, lets have a book on just converted monsters. You could call it The Classic Creatures Catalog. ;)

Regards
Mortis

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Where the hell is the giant slug?

I had to make one up from scratch for Dragons of Autumn so that the heroes in the Sla-Mori didn't have to square off against a big blank space.

I saw the masher (another AD&D 1e MM creature everybody forgot about) is in the Savage Tide adventure in the newest Dungeon...

Cheers,
Cam

buzz

Adventurer
Crust said:
Wizards will publish anything. It's incredible. Complete Mage when we already have Complete Arcane? Dragon Magic when we already have a Draconomicon? The Book of Nine Swords is another waste of trees. And the MM4? Do we really need those spawn of Tiamat? Wizards gotta get their paper, I suppose. :\
Damn them! Damn them for publishing books! What jerks!

P.S., TBo9S rawks.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Cam Banks said:
I saw the masher (another AD&D 1e MM creature everybody forgot about) is in the Savage Tide adventure in the newest Dungeon...

we're probably going to have to rely on paizo for printing conversions, it seems.

hmm, that reminds me, i've been meaning to post this. :D here are just a few of the recent conversions appearing in the last couple of years or so in paizo mags:

Dragon

315 - Tortle (Cinnabar, Red Steel, and the Red Curse, Frank Brunner)
315 - Zargon, The Devourer in the Depths (Return to the Lost City, Michael Mearls)

319 - Athasian aaracokra, Athasian dwarf, Athasian elf, Athasian half-elf, Athasian halfling, Athasian human, mul, pterran (Dark Sun Races, David Noonan)

324 - Grippli (Winning Races: Grippli, Joshua Cole)

324 - Lupin (Winning Races: Lupins, Mike McArtor)

327 - Diaboli (Winning Races: Diaboli, Mike McArtor)

337 - Basidirond, phycomid (Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Zuggtmoy, Queen of Fungi, James Jacobs)
337 - Illithocyte, ustilagor (Monsters of the Mind, Kevin Baase, Eric Jansing & Oliver Frank)

339 - Animus template, blindheim, carrionnete, death's head tree, dusanu, goblyn, Greyhawk dragon, maggot golem, nagpa template, phanaton, Suel lich template, xvart (Creature Catalog IV: Campaign Classics, Sean K. Reynolds)
339 - Giff, insectare, scro (Races of Spelljammer: Wanderers of Wildspace, Joshua Cole)

341 - Bulezau demon (Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Baphomet, Lord of Beasts, James Jacobs)

343 - Living Wall (template), Malfera, Norker, Nuckalavee (Creature Catalog V, Sean K Reynolds)

347 - Lesser Elemental Weird (Ecology of the Elemental Weird, Michael Trice)

349 - Dzalmus [true dragon] (The Hordelands, Edward Bonny, Brian Cortijo, and Laszlo Koller)

Dungeon

112- Demon, Colchiln; Demon, Kerzit the Guardian; Demon, Nabassu; Hetfish, Shoosuva, Slow Shadow, Tyrg.

118 - Flumph.

124 - Hordling, Wind Warrior.

128 - Froghemoth.

129 - True Ghoul.

132 - Olive slime, slime creature.

134 - Thessalhydra.

136 - Kamadan.

139 - Rhagodessa.

Remove ads