• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

July 07: Monster Manual V, Maps of Adventure

Sejs

First Post
Crust said:
(and certainly not worth wasting time quoting me paragraph by paragraph).
That's just how I format my responses, Crust.

There's no reason to quote me and jump down my throat for daring to share my opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, suck it up and show some respect.
You are fully entitled to your opinion, just as I'm fully entitled to disagree with it. One of the cornerstones of polite discussion. Respect goes both ways, and believe me, nobody's jumping down your throat.

And yes, I've read through the Book of Nine Swords (thank you for assuming I'm ignorant).
You're welcome. You see, I made that assumption because your comment suggested the fact. The Bo9S is just another fighter book roughly in the same way that the XPH is just another magic book.

Sheesh... I'll be sure to be careful the next time I post my opinion so I don't stir up the hornets' nest. My bad.

:\
Oh stop feeling so hard done by, it's unbecoming for both of us.

buzz

Adventurer
Crust said:
Sheesh... I'll be sure to be careful the next time I post my opinion so I don't stir up the hornets' nest. My bad.
Crust, you post in a public forum, people are likely going to react, positively or not. Understand that any possible overreaction on my part is due to having heard these sentiments so many times before, and feeling they were ill-informed each time.

You are welcome to dislike WotC and their products, and this is certainly a valid forum for voicing your opinions. Personally, I would vote with your dollar rather than curse the darkness. There are tons of great RPGs out there that are very deserving of your money.

(For the record, I think WotC has released some stinkers, too, and I'm getting tired of the supplement treadmill. Regardless, I realize that WotC's business model depends on it, and they mean me no ill-will. I simply am cherry-picking the products I really want, and otherwise spending my money on other RPGs that interest me.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Crust said:
Wizards will publish anything. It's incredible. Complete Mage when we already have Complete Arcane?
Never mind that Complete Mage is vastly superior.

Dragon Magic when we already have a Draconomicon?
Never mind that they're totally different products, despite both touching on dragons.

Wizards gotta get their paper, I suppose. :\
Lord knows they should just publish one book that's the last word on anything.

Arnwyn

First Post
Cam Banks said:
Where the hell is the giant slug?

I had to make one up from scratch for Dragons of Autumn so that the heroes in the Sla-Mori didn't have to square off against a big blank space.
Tome of Horrors 1. Open content, too.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Crust said:
There's no reason to quote me and jump down my throat for daring to share my opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, suck it up and show some respect.

I don't think anything I wrote was disrespectful, nor do I feel I was jumping down your throat. I was asking what I felt was a legitimate question. Plus, I also simply pointed out that WotC went out of its way to provide material which would make buying the new books mostly unnecessary for those who had the old books. Yes, it's great to share one's opinion, I'm interested in reading it, but one also has to expect that opinion to be discussed by those who disagree with it. That's really the whole point of message boards like this. From my point of view, saying that WotC is cheating or manipulating fans is disrespectful, given that EN World has a lot of WotC folk posting as regulars. So it's really a matter of perspective.

Last edited:

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Cam Banks said:
Doesn't help me in a Wizards of the Coast Licensed setting, sorry!

It doesn't? I didn't know there was any problem with using OGC in a licensed setting, as long as it was noted in the license like in any other d20 product. Would you have the time to explain this a bit for someone like me who's curious?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
indeed. Cam, you might want to run that by the WotC people and see what they have to say about using OGL content, unless you have already specifically done so...

Remove ads