• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you help me find...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) The Dragon article on "Shadow Elves" or "Shadow Fey" (or whatever they were called)? As I recall, the elves in question had a connection to either the Negative Material plane or the Demiplane of Shadow. Heck, there may even be more than one...

I'm designing a campaign that will include a subterranean elf race, but I'd like to come up with an alternative to Drow by-the-book, and I'd like to see what others had done in this area already, if for no other reason than to see if their ideas resonate with my own.

Currently, I'm thinking about changes along the lines of Marvel Comic's "Nightcrawler" character, with partial invisibility in shadow, and the ability to "shadow walk/jump"- teleporting from one area of darkness to another.

2) More Planetouched. The campaign is set in a postapocalyptic fantasy world in which a horrible war was fought, including mercenaries from many planes. The byblows of those otherplanar mercenaries are an important part of the campaign.

So far, I've found: Aasimar, Azerblooded, Celadrin, Chaond, D'hin, Fey'ri, Genasi, Maeluth, Mechanatrix, Shadowswift, Shyft, Tanarukk, Tieflings, Wispling, Worghest, and Zenythri.

3) While they're not actually called Planetouched, I've also included Mephlings in the campaign. Are there any more than the 4 listed in the Planar Handbook?

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
1) Ecology of the Shadar-Kai, Dragon #337, starts on page 72. You can find some more stuff on them in forgotten realms products.

2) Glimmerfolk (Radiant-touched) in Dragon 321, starts page 70. There's also the "Radiant" creature template.
There are more, I'm sure...

3) I have no idea.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
I guess you're lucky I happen to be sitting right next to my magazines. :)

I seem to remember an article on para-elemental genasi, I'm trying to find it now... (or do you already know about that?)...

Here it is.

"Children of the Cosmos", dragon #297... begins page 62. Lists Axani and Cansin (Lawful/Chaotic planetouched, respectively), and para-genasi (Dust, Ice, Magma, Ooze, Smoke, and Steam)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As it so happens, I, too, am sitting next to at least a portion of my collection!

I hadn't even thought about looking for other Genasi- BIG thanks for that find!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads