• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is search disabled? AKA What am I doing wrong?

DrSpunj

Explorer
I haven't really been on the forums much recently, but check the front page essentially daily.

I renewed my already active Community Supporter status for another year a few months ago when Morrus started the $19.99 deal.

I was just reading through the Rules forum and came across Nifft's latest Poll about the Core Rules. Wanting to read through the other Poll threads, I clicked on his name and then clicked on the "Find all threads started by Nifft". I got to the "You don't have sufficient privileges to do that" page, which I've never gotten before having a CSA. I then tried jumping directly to the search page using the site menu and ended up at the same place.

So, since I haven't been able to figure this out on my own:

Is searching disabled?
Or do I need to upgrade somehow to make use of the search function?

Also, where can I find out my current account status, so I know when my CSA status expires? Since I recently renewed in the middle of a subscription I want to make sure my expiration date got pushed back appropriately. I can confirm when I made payments through PayPal and on Quicken at home if I need to provide receipts.

Thanks!
DrSpunj

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, the $19.99 deal has been in place for more than a year, so my in=mmediate guess is that yours has expired.

But you can check easily enough - if you go to the page where you buy the sibscription, it'll tell you how long any current subscriptions have to run. If it says nothing, then you've expired. Well, you haven't expired, hopefully, but your CS account has.

http://www.enworld.org/subscriptions.php?

If your account hasn't expired, and you don't have access, let me know because that measn something went wrong and I need to fix it manually for you. :)

Also, check the date of your PayPal receipt - if it's less than a year ago, let me know, because that means somethng went a bit awry!

I'v never used the word "awry" before.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Morrus said:
I'v never used the word "awry" before.

Funny thing about that word.

For years I read it as "Awe-Ree", but knew it as having the same definition as "Uh-rye", which was a word I only every heard, but had never seen (or at least I thought I hadn't). I just never made the connection.

The mind is a weird thing. . .

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. . .

DrSpunj

Explorer
Morrus said:
Well, the $19.99 deal has been in place for more than a year, so my in=mmediate guess is that yours has expired.

But you can check easily enough - if you go to the page where you buy the sibscription, it'll tell you how long any current subscriptions have to run. If it says nothing, then you've expired. Well, you haven't expired, hopefully, but your CS account has.

First off, I will be the first to admit I've never had a real strong grasp of time passing, so your first guess could easily be correct.

Secondly, I'm feeling quite well, thank you. Hopefully you are as well. ;)

At the top of my page under Active Subscriptions it says the following:

Full Community Supporter Account - ON SALE!
Start Date 07-17-06, Expiry Date 08-27-08

So I'm assuming I'm good and I need to ask you to manually tweak something. I'll go home and check my PayPal receipts also, but I remembered renewing in the middle of my previous subscription and easily could've renewed for more than 1 year depending on how much slush money I had at the time I was doing it. Again, my post count is abysmal these last couple years but I hit the site 2-3 times daily and appreciate all your work and that of the others running/contributing to the site.

If I don't see a response in this thread from you or another moderator here in the next few days I'll send you email or private message or something. No rush, just didn't realize I was lacking the search functionality until today. I'm also happy to email any PayPal info or whatever if it helps you track down a specific payment and whatnot. Just let me know.

Thanks for the help and the quick response. Much appreciated!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads