[rumor, not fact!] Hasbro selling off WotC

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Hey Folks,

I heard this second hand but from a very reliable source with friends inside. Regardless, take it with a grain of salt. Apparently Hasbro is selling off WotC in order to re-capitalize after their failing performance over the last few years. This is the reason that they have pulled back all their licenses. There was no word on who the buyer is. This is supposed to be the big announcement at GenCon so we'll soon learn the truth of it.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
Hey Folks,

I heard this second hand but from a very reliable source with friends inside. Regardless, take it with a grain of salt. Apparently Hasbro is selling off WotC in order to re-capitalize after their failing performance over the last few years. This is the reason that they have pulled back all their licenses. There was no word on who the buyer is. This is supposed to be the big announcement at GenCon so we'll soon learn the truth of it.

Jack
Wow. Good crop of unfounded speculation this year. Must have been a wet summer or something.

Glyfair

Explorer
Emirikol said:
Heh. I can just imagine the speculation until the big announcement.
Even if we have complete confirmation that it's true, there is still fertile ground for speculating who could be buying it.

Peter Adkinson?
Games Workshop?
Microsoft?
Electronic Arts?
Disney?
George Lucas?
Morrus? (Why do you think there really was a big donation push earlier this year :) )

Edit: Darn, beat me to it Rodrigo.

Korgoth

First Post
Glyfair said:
Even if we have complete confirmation that it's true, there is still fertile ground for speculating who could be buying it.

Peter Adkinson?
Games Workshop?
Microsoft?
Electronic Arts?
Disney?
George Lucas?
Morrus? (Why do you think there really was a big donation push earlier this year :) )

Mongoose?

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Heh,

If I didn't trust my friend and know how well placed his contact is I would have dismissed it. Still I'm treating it as rumour until I hear something more circumstantial.

Jack

Adso

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
Hey Folks,

Jack

Wow. All I can say is...well...very, very, very not true.

Try again.

Remove ads