[Updated with a free bonus encounter!] Cover art for Under the Eye of the Tempest

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just a sneak peak at the cover art for Under the Eye of the Tempest, the 11th and penultimate adventure in the WotBS Campaign Saga, being penned by Wil Upchurch. Art by Claudio Pozas.

russ_cover_tempest.jpg

Attachments

• russ_cover01_sm.JPG
    russ_cover01_sm.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 958
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
Sweetness! I don't know what that is, but I know it's bad ass!

That would be the The Tempest, a mile-long living airship!

It was first seen from a distance in WotBS#5: Mission to the Monastery of Two Winds. Here's the picture of it from that adventure and a brief description as the PCs saw it (briefly) then:

The howling winds have died to a safe flurry, and as you take a moment to rest you feel
something watching you from above. You scan the skies cautiously and there, miles up, directly above the now-annihilated laboratory, you glimpse something impossibly large, so massive that its silhouette is visible even through the clouds of the fading storm. Lightning flashes intermittently, giving you a hint of its form.

It must be colossal, the size of a small city, floating in the tempest like a shark in the dark seas. Massive horns adorn its head, and its body stretches backward at sharp angles, like the wings of a swooping raptor or the fins of an ancient sea predator. Its body tapers to a forked tail, but even that must be hundreds of feet wide. You see what might be a flock of birds sweeping past it, white birds flying erratically like those at the monastery, and then the clouds begin to roll back in. You know in a moment it will be hidden from you, if it truly exists now.

The last you see of the stormy vision is a glowing disk on its underbelly, and as it vanishes back into the tempest, you realize the disk, farther across than even the largest dragon from maw to tail, was an eye. And it was watching you.

The Tempest features in a major way in Under the Eye of the Tempest, as it attacks Seaquen.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Couple more images - Longinus and Pilus, the archmage brothers.

Attachments

• russ_longinus_sm.JPG
    russ_longinus_sm.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 203
  • russ_pilus_sm.JPG
    russ_pilus_sm.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 152

Rugult

On Call GM
I always wanted to know how it attacked. Now I know.

Giant Eye Lasers. Makes sense to me!

The artwork looks fantastic, and I am pleased to see some sketches on the two Monk Brothers, especially the mysterious Longinus. Looking quite good so far.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As an update - I just received the manuscript for Under the Eye of the Tempest, and it's great (if a little gruesome in places!)

Art is still being done, and I'm about to contract out the maps. I'll post more art here as it arrives.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Another piece of art from the adventure (forgive the pixellation - I changed the format to post here).

Attachments

• russ_magmaflow.jpg
    russ_magmaflow.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some map previews. Note that these contain spoilers - click at your peril!

Attachments

• enwbs11_HeartChambers.jpg
    enwbs11_HeartChambers.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 171
  • enwbs11_FiringDeckOverview.jpg
    enwbs11_FiringDeckOverview.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 179
  • enwbs11_DigestiveSystem.jpg
    enwbs11_DigestiveSystem.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 189
  • enwbs11_ArtilleryNiche.jpg
    enwbs11_ArtilleryNiche.jpg