[Saga] Star Wars: Rebels with Style OOC

So after roughly a week of a poll running on what game I should run, this is what comes out. This game will be set, obviously, during the Galactic Civil War and beginning just after the Battle of Yavin. Taking an idea from my other thread, I'll be running a short prologue to start the game, though without an intention to weed out players if we have a large number. Rather, its simply to get the game moving quick-like and giving a bit more reference to where the characters begin.

In that sense, the game is going to be set up a bit differently than most. The prologue, as it is simply a very short adventure, will be our jumping off point and once its over the game will likely move forward enough time to give the players a couple of free levels and get into some deeper action and a longer adventure.

The prologue, as mentioned above, will begin almost immediately after the Battle of Yavin. The Yavin base has been evacuated of all of its personnel under Imperial blockade and subsequent invasion. The players are to be the last of the Rebel forces on the ground, tasked with destroying the remaining data archives left behind and any other key equipment that the Imperial forces might find useful before getting off the planet, themselves.

For the characters, I'm willing to take a large group if necessary. The only important thing that needs to be present for each of the characters is a unique roll within the group, as the characters are part of a self-contained unit. If the group ends up being very large, I'll work out ways to essentially have the unit divided in two and work towards the same goal. Either way, the important thing is for the group to be, in a sense, fully formed and able to operate with minimal support from others. Thus, it would be helpful to have a pilot, medic, someone to do the talking, etc etc. Only other important thing is that rank is basically unimportant so no commanding officer type.

So, with that out of the way, the more detailed character creation rules...

-28 Point Buy
-4th Level
-Race appropriate to era(willing to allow certain races from Saga-Edition.com: The Star Wars Saga Edition RPG Databank on case by case basis)
-Any non-Jedi class(though Force-Sensitive PCs are okay)
-HP beyond 1st level will be handled through rolls on my end with physical dice
-24,000cr (48,000cr for Nobles with wealth)

I'm open to most anything, character wise, though I'm a bit(read: too much) of a Star Wars geek so there'll be at least a few things just not possible due to the time period. Would also prefer all the PCs to be able to speak Basic, though I could be talked into a non-Basic species with some effort. Also, as with the HP mention above, I'll handle pretty much all rolls on my end of the world with real dice.

If there's anything I missed(which is very possible), feel free to bring it up and berate me.

Beyond that, lets see who's interested and what happens from here. :cool:

Last edited:

possum

First Post
*thinks for a second*

Just because I like to "keep it in the family" (I'm one of those that have actually created backstories for an entire family of characters to use) how right after Yavin are we talking about? If it's a month (35 days) after Yavin, I have a pretty good character to use that just needs statting out.

If any sooner, I'll have to create a whole new backstory.

The full-scale invasion of Yavin that eventually happens occurs about 2-3 months after the Battle of Yavin. Since the characters will be the last ones on the ground...2-3 months after. Though it should be said that the base was under constant attack for that entire time, with ships moving in and out under heavy fire, if at all. It was definitely not a fun time for the Rebels.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Storm Trooper Armor?

Is it possible to have Storm Trooper Armor for Armor?

Surely we will have killed a few and possibly been able to have someone modify is so it does not look so Storm Troopery?

And will it be possible to take Jedi levels later, say at level 6 or so?

possum

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
The full-scale invasion of Yavin that eventually happens occurs about 2-3 months after the Battle of Yavin. Since the characters will be the last ones on the ground...2-3 months after. Though it should be said that the base was under constant attack for that entire time, with ships moving in and out under heavy fire, if at all. It was definitely not a fun time for the Rebels.

That works. Character bio up tomorrow. Stats sometime this weekend.

FreeXenon

Isn't there a Force Stealth Talent?

oR can I take Skill Training at 1rst level to get access to a skill that is outside my class (or use my Int bonus or Human bonus), like specifically Soldier getting access to Stealth?

Last edited:

FreeXenon said:
Is it possible to have Storm Trooper Armor for Armor?

Surely we will have killed a few and possibly been able to have someone modify is so it does not look so Storm Troopery?

I'm a bit iffy on this idea, to be honest. I think I'd be okay with it if it was sans-helmet, thus it wouldn't convey the additional benefits and then it would also be obvious that the person is not, in fact, a Stormtrooper, which would otherwise be a bit of a problem...obviously.

And will it be possible to take Jedi levels later, say at level 6 or so?

Possible but probably a distant possibility. Beyond the fact that this 'Jedi-less' era is mostly packed with them already for some reason, I think this game would be better served with more 'normal' types. Course, as mentioned before, Force-Sensitive types are alright but this is more a Rebels vs. Imperials game than something with a Jedi focus.

OnlytheStrong said:
I'm assuming this is a recruitment thread?

Indeed, it is. :)

FreeXenon

Would it be possible to get a non-Storm Trooper that bestowed the same benefits, possibly with an increased cost?

FreeXenon

I am working on a Human Level 4 Soldier/Sniper type. I think I am going to forgo Force Training.

Remove ads