Shadowfell Pregens redone

mindshadow2k

First Post
Vendark said:
They look good, but there are errors on the Human Wizard's ability scores; it looks like the paladin's scores were put there by mistake.

Haha... Thanks I knew there would be issues but that is a big mistake, what a wizard can't have an 18 Strength?

Thanks if you see any other issues let me know and i will try to fix them and re-upload the zip.

invokethehojo

First Post
mindshadow2k said:
D'oh sorry wasn't meaning to sound that way... heheh.. Needless to say it actually didn't take to long, once i got one of them done i just changed the image and the stats and such. I probably need to get an eye exam after stareing at the little scans trying to figure out the wording of the abilities and such, but it was worth it to try to learn a little more about 4e.

I haven't played in over 10 years and am gearing up to get my wife into the game. I am one of those people that moved away from their gaming group and unfortunately haven't had a good game since!

So you can say I am a little excited about this release to get me and hopefully some good people together to play!

Yes, I felt like transcribing the characters gave me a good idea what I'm working with as well. That experience might be just as valuable as running the demos itself.

All those abilities and stuff.... it's a little intimidating. I hope it's as easy to actually play as everyone says.

But even if i forget half the stuff, what i do remember will be so cool.

Starbuck_II

First Post
1/2 Elf Cleric missing his extra Racial ability: He gets another classes at will per encounter.

Example: the 1/2 Elf Warlock got Ray of Frost as example.

I suggest: Warlock's Eyebite, ability to go invisible can be cool.

Cadfan

First Post
I think your layouts are pretty good.

But since I assume you posted them for comments, I'll comment. :)

First, I wouldn't put the ability scores up front. I know that's how we're all accustomed to things, since ability scores are almost the first thing you do during character creation. But, once character creation is finished, they're just about the least important thing on the character sheet. They only matter because they seed other parts of the character sheet with numbers. So stick them somewhere off to the side.

Second, I'd slightly reorder the other material on the top. I like having the skills take up the third column, but for the other columns, I'd put things in the order of "initiative, defenses, hit points" with the other material off to the side. That's the order you use them in combat, except with the attacks set off to the side because they take up so much space.

invokethehojo

First Post
Starbuck_II said:
1/2 Elf Cleric missing his extra Racial ability: He gets another classes at will per encounter.

Example: the 1/2 Elf Warlock got Ray of Frost as example.

I suggest: Warlock's Eyebite, ability to go invisible can be cool.

That's a strait copy from the shadowfell pregen. I guessed it was one of the channel divinity, but i really don't know. could the other half elf have taken a multiclass feat? are we just assuming that the half elf has the human extra power ability?

Khaalis

Adventurer
invokethehojo said:
That's a strait copy from the shadowfell pregen. I guessed it was one of the channel divinity, but i really don't know. could the other half elf have taken a multiclass feat? are we just assuming that the half elf has the human extra power ability?
I don't have time to go searching for the exact quote but its on the main 4E page under the 1/2 Elf discussion. Mearls piped in and stated that the 1/2-elf is in fact missing its extra power due to a printing space issue. This "should" be corrected with some DDI supplements coming next week for KotS. In the interim, he suggests simply giving them one of the other pregen character's At-Will abilities as an Encounter Power. This follows the same thing we saw in the 1/2 Elf Warlock pregen getting Ray of Frost, and the fact that they have stated that the 1/2 Elf make the best multiclassers. With that said, I too would suggest adding Eyebite to the cleric as a good synergy ability.

mindshadow2k

First Post
I took your advice Khaalis and added Eyebite from the warlock spell list from the PrRC to the Half-Elf Cleric and what do ya know I still kept it to two pages ;) .

(Edited changed additional Half-Elf spell from At-Will to Encounter)

(See page one of post for upload)

Last edited:

fedelas

First Post
Pretty well done! Just a note, the eyebite at-will power become encounter for the half elf cleric (or so is for the warlock of DDXP)

Daelkyr

First Post
mindshadow2k, thanks so much for the word documents. I just spent the last few minutes changing the star because my fonts don't have that particular wingdig, but it was easy and quick. I can't wait to try putting other class/race combos into it. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to do this.

- Josh

Remove ads