Magic : The Gathering Creatures

The Screaming Seahawk:
Screaming Seahawk
Small Animal
Hit Dice: 2d8+0 (9hp)
Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex, +0 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 10ft., fly 40ft.
AC: 14 (+1 size,+3 Dex, +0 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 11
Attacks: Bite +5 (+1 Base, +3 Dex, +1 size)
Damage: Bite 1d4+1
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 11
Skills: Spot +4
Feats: Weapon Finesse (bite)
Climate/Terrain: Any shoreline or ocean
Organization: Solitary or flock (2-5)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 3 HD (Small), 4-6 HD (Medium)

A screaming seahawk resembles an eagle with needlelike claws and a razor-sharp beak.
COMBAT
A screaming seahawk's claws are to thin to be used against anything bigger than a mouse.

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Ok, you asked for it, remember, you started this! ;) Now to unleash the...

Bouncing Beebles
Diminutive Aberration
Hit Dice: 1d6+2 (5)
Initiative: +5 (+5 Dex)
Speed: 20 Ft
AC: 21 (+4 Size, +5 Dex, +2 Natural)
Attacks: Slam +0 Melee
Damage: Slam 1d2-1
Face/Reach: 1Ft. 0Ft.
Special Attacks: Bounce
Special Qualities: Lowlight Vision, Immunities, Damage Reduction
Saves: Ref: +5, Fort: +2, Will: +4
Abilities: Str:8, Dex:20, Con: 14, Int: 5, Wis: 14, Cha:16
Skills: Climb +3, Hide +18, Jump +4
Feats: Nil
Climate/Terrain: Any Land
Organization: Solitary or Swarm (5-25)
Challenge Rating: 2
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: 1-3 Tiny

Bouncing Beebles are vaguely humanoid, pink, and furry hamsters. Their huge eyes and innocent nature belay the danger, as they breed out of control. They giggle at most damage dealt to them by any physical source.

They are very much the proverbial gremlin, and will cause damage to any delicate equipment and objects. Some theorize they were created by an alchemist, for no reason the gods could even understand, and that their predilection for targeting alchemical labs is a learned behavior.

Some also theorize they are a plague from the gods, but even the most capricious god isn’t that sadistic.

Combat

Bouncing beebles will not attack unless there is no choice.

Bounce (Ex): For every point of damage a bouncing beeble takes, it travels one foot in the opposite direction.

Anytime it bounces by the hands of another creature, it deals 1 damage plus the creature’s strength modifier, if positive, to any other living creature it hits.

Damage Reduction (Ex): Bouncing Beebles ignore the first 10 points of damage from any physical attack. A weapon of +1 or better magical quality bypasses this. Damage ignored by this ability still counts toward the Bounce ability above.

Immunities: Bouncing Beebles are immune to damage from blunt weapons, falling, and subdual damage. Damage dealt by these sources still counts to the Bounce ability above.

Krishnath

First Post
Kitsune: That rocks, now do the Bubbling Beebles :D

Khisanth: Nice, but I would have done it as a magical beast with some sort of sonic power. But I still like it :D

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
I'll list my good ones, I have a lot of crap ones that I probably won't finish off.

Bottle Gnomes, Dragon Engine, and Jhoira's Toolbox are my good artifact creatures.

I have Thrulls adapted with varying successes and really need to look the things over again. Lord of the Pit, Carnophage, Stone Throwing Devils, Carnophage, and a few imps.

Breezekeeper, Cloud Sprite, Sea Sprite, Shyft, Storm Crow, and Weatherseed Faeries for blue.

Thallids, Fungusaur, Saprolings, Pygmy Troll, Pygmy Allosaurus, and Scryb Sprites for green.

Marsh Goblin, Noble Panther, and the Lightning Angel are about my only good gold stuff.

Goblin Mutant and Guma are the only nearly finished reds I like.

Abbey Gargoyle, Aesthir (as in the big birds the Kjeldorans used to fly) Aura Griffon, Duskrider Falcon, Serra Angel, and the Tundra wolves are my tolerable white stuff.

Feel free to do whatever you feel like though, your Slivers turned out 100% better than mine did. :)

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
No not the beebles yet, however, I have the cute lil Marsh Goblins ready.

Edit: I ended up agreeing with Krishnath on the swampwalk ability in the end. So instead they get a HUGE bonus to Hide and Move Silently while in swamps :D

Marsh Goblin
Small Humanoid (Goblinoid)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5)
Initiative: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 30 Ft
AC: 12 (+1 Size, +1 Dex)
Attacks: Club +2 Melee; or Sling +2
Damage: Club 1d6+1, Sling Bullet 1d4
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5ft
Special Attacks: Nil
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60’, Swampwalk
Saves: Ref: +3 Fort: +1 Will: +0
Abilities: Str:12, Dex:13, Con:12, Int: 8, Wis: 10, Cha:5
Skills: Climb +4, Hide +13, Move Silently +9, Wilderness Lore +2
Feats: Dodge
Climate/Terrain: Any Marsh or Swamp
Organization: Solitary, Pair, pack (4-9), or clan (10-40 plus 50% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level war chief per 20 adults and 1 leader of 4th-6th level),
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Half standard items, no coins, Half standard goods
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: By Class

Marsh goblins are an evolutionary offshoot of normal goblins. They silently haunt swamps and marshes, waiting for prey. They eat their own kind, elves, gnomes, or whatever else crosses their paths.

While rarely seen until it is far too late, the marsh goblins are an ashen white color. They wear no clothes, but occasionally paint their bodies with strange symbols. They are stronger and stockier than their regular cousins.

Combat

Marsh goblins favor surprise to all other methods of attack. They move more like a pack than a band of thugs. They tend to attack a perceivably weaker opponent than stronger ones. They only attack creatures larger than them when they must.

Swampwalk (Ex): While in swampy terrain marsh goblins move unseen and unheard as long as they don’t attack, See Invisible and True Seeing counters this effect. Once visible a marsh goblin must make a hide check to once more become unseen and unheard.

Skills: Marsh goblins gain a +8 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks.

Marsh goblin society
Marsh goblins, much like their kin, are tribal based, the strongest and smartest are usually the leaders. Because they are one of the few extremely cannibalistic species of goblin, most other sort of goblins avoid them.

They dwell in the darkest, most fetid swamps possible. They will go to areas most goblins fear as haunted and set up a tribe. They are also somewhat nomadic however, food supplies run short as caravans steer away from the swamps after losing so many, and other beings begin staying away.

Thankfully these creatures do not breed quite as fast as most other goblins. They also eat their young, which is also quite detrimental to their population growth.

Marsh Goblin Characters
A marsh goblin’s favored class is ranger; marsh goblin leaders tend to be ranger/druids. Marsh goblins do not recognize any god as their creator, but instead insist they were grown from the very swamp. As such, most of the time the role of cleric is taken up by druids.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Hmm... of the ones you listed, I had plans on doing the dragon engines, thallids (including the saprolings), and thrulls. For the rest I don't care. The ones I want to do the most are the dragon engines. This is mostly because I know a lot of their background story and stuff. (For example, they are quite capable of breeding, despite being machines. And they grow bigger and more powerfull as they age. See Ramos and Draco for example, as they are without a doubt the two most powerfull and ancient of dragon engines.).

As for the marsh goblins. I don't really like the 'swampwalk' ability. If I had done them, I would have given them a swim speed, and perhaps a 'camouflage' spell-like ability. But that's me :p

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Hmm yea but the swampwalk ability they have is a pretty good equivilent. (It's the exact same thing elves used to do back in 2nd edition :D

By all means do what you feel like, you did a much better job on the slivers than I did, I imagine you will do some rather nice stuff to the thrulls, thallids, saprolings, and dragon engine as well.

Besides, for some reason the Krosan Cloudscrapper is speaking to me. :)

Here's another.

Storm Crow
Tiny Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 1d10 (5)
Initiative: +4 (+4 Dex)
Speed: 20 Ft, Fly 40 Ft (average)
AC: 17 (+2 Size, +4 Dex, +1 Natural)
Attacks: +6 Melee Claw
Damage: 1d2-4 Claw
Face/Reach: 2 ½ Ft. By 2 ½ Ft./0 Ft.
Special Attacks: Nil
Special Qualities: Lowlight Vision, Darkvision 60’, Spell-Like Abilities
Saves: Ref: +6 Fort: +2 Will: +2
Abilities: Str:3, Dex:18, Con:10 Int:3, Wis:14, Cha:14
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4, Wilderness Lore +3
Feats: Weapon Finesse: Claw
Climate/Terrain: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 2-6 HD (Small)

Storm crows look like any other crow, but are tougher, meaner, and have the ability to control the weather. They thankfully travel alone, or else they could very well change the environment of a place just by being there.

Some say they were created by a sorcerer who wished to change the land around his palace into a more fertile place to live. Others insist that it was a druid seeking revenge on mankind for chopping down the forest. And yet others are convinced it is some infernal plot.

In either case the storm crow could be one of the most dangerous of pests in the world. They cause flash floods, droughts, hurricanes, lightning storms, and spring showers seemingly at whim.

Combat

Storm crows are not formidable opponents and prefer flying off to combat. They will use Obscuring Mist, Call Lightning, and Wind Wall to defend themselves.

Spell-Like Abilities: At Will – Call Lightning, Control Weather, Control Winds, Obscuring Mist, Wind Wall; as an 8th level cleric. (Save DC: =13 + Spell Level)

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Ok. Those spell-like abilities are way to powerful for a CR 1 creature, particularly when they are at will. It should be a CR 3 at the least.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases