Fallen Angel Ch2 [IC] - Calling Sherlock, Acid_Crash, Thels, Greegan

Erekose13

Explorer
*The next few days are spent in the hamlet of Elton. Most of the towns folk come up to congratulate you and thank you for your daring quest. No matter how many times you tell it people love hearing about you tale. You receive free room and board at the inn courtesy of the mayor, as if the all his previous rewards were not enough. On the second day there Riejar excuses himself saying that he must attend to some family business now that he has the time. He and Goliath depart under fair weather heading east towards the Three Seas. On the next day Lomas and Thomas too decide to strike it out on their own. They head north to the large port city of Mommen, the seat of the Empire of Tars. Each departing member takes their share of the booty and leaves all in good faith hoping to meet again someday.*

*Not wanting to overstay your welcome, the three remaining companions Syfis, Michael, and Akaros decide to that it might be time to head out too. As fate would have it that morning a stranger walks into town. A pale half-elf woman carrying a beautifully crafted crossbow over one sholder enters the tavern where you are all sitting down to your last meal in the village. Seeing you there she approaches you directly.*

*Nalya you have managed to find the prophesised hamlet of Elton after a number of setbacks. Your trek across the Attaman Mountains to the west has been very difficult but at last you are here. Sitting before you are three of the heroes that you have been hearing about for the past week as you travelled across the flood plains of the southern bounds of the Empire of Tars. Word of their deeds spread far beyond this little village and of the sighting of the angel of heaven. The prophesy which you bore witness to, mentioned these three specifically. According to the dreams which manifested themselves physically among the elves of your tribe so many nights ago, these three had much greater roles to play. *

*According to legends among the snow elves, a very long time ago the very existance of the world was threatened. A malign force that called itself the No-god walked the planet calling to it dreadful legions that swept across the land destroying army after army. The men of the three seas were beaten back to the shores until one man came forward, a man bearing a strange magical power that banished many of the No-god's followers from the world. There around the legendary city of Shimeh he summoned the might of the gods of the Tusk and all about him glowing angels decended to help the fight. Together with the remaining armies of the Three Seas and the angels, this man Anasurimbor threw back the No-god. Until the armies of good finally decended upon the No-god in his citadel of obsidian, Golgotterath. In his defeat he whispered of his return and the coming of a second Apocalypse.*

*The prophesy witnessed by the elders of your tribe spoke of this second Apocalypse and the portents of its coming. It spoke of the three who would help to reveal the threat of the return of the No-god to the land of the Three Seas. For most have forgotten such times, and none would believe that the world would be threatened by so great a force. You were chosen among your tribe to journey with these three and help them to understand what they were up against. You were chosen because of your special connection to the men of the Three Seas, your human-side.*

Fallen Angel Chapter 1
Out of Character Thread
Rogues Gallery Thread
Maps page

Adventurers:
Syfis (elf, transmuter 5), played by Sollir Furryfoot - AWOL
Michael Swordsbane (human, figher 5), played by Thels
Nalya Deepeye (half-elf, telepath 5), NPC
Mahe (human, druid 5), played by Thomas Hobbes
Korton (human, warmage 4, hex blade 1) played by Acid_Crash
Folco (halfling, ranger 5) played by flyingricepaddy
Brother Provoni (human, cleric 5) played by Sherlock
Erenor Argentis (human, rogue 2, bard 1, swashbuckler 2) played by Greegan

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
The young woman steps boldly to the table where the three heroes of Elton are seated. She is dressed quite lightly for the time of year, wearing sturdy travel clothing in whites and blues. Both her cloak and her boots are lines with fur. Combined with her pale skin, nearly white hair and blueish lips, this seems to mark her as coming from the cold elven lands beyond the Attaman Mountains.

She casually drops her backpack to the floor near the heroes' table and shows them a cheerful smile. "So, finally found you - took me long enough too. Greetings Men, lady Elf. Mind if I join you for a while?" She seems to wait for an answer, but starts speaking again just before any can be given. "I am Nalya Deepeye, hailing from the west." As she sticks out her hand in greeting, it becomes visible that each of her fingers is adorned with a simple copper ring. The back of her hands shows an intricate tattoo in green ink, complementing the emerald hanging from a chain around her neck.

"From what I have heard, you have gained quite some fame in saving the young angel. However, it seems like you work is far from over. Rather, it's just beginning..." A smile plays along the woman's lips, hinting at something she knows that the three others do not. "I made the long trek here to help you in what is to come - And not without risk, I must say", she interrups herself. She rolls her eyes and glances down at her cloak, which shows a tear and the remnants of a blood stain. "I am here, because a prophesy among my people speaks of a great evil reborn, which you -we- are to face."

The young woman holds a short while for dramatic effect. She then ends her short speech in a voice that is totally at odds with what she has just told the three at the table. She beams an enthousiastic smile and sounds quite cheerful and light-hearted, as if inviting them for a dance. "So, everyone up for it?"

Thels

First Post
"Welcome Nalya," Michael says with a smile on his face to the woman, "As you appearantly might or perhaps might not know, I am Michael Swordsbane and these are my friends Akaros of Deria and Syfis. Please seat down. I must say I'm startled by your information of our recent events as well as your spontaneous approach. Care to tell us about this event to come in more detail, while I'll order something to drink?" Clicking his fingers while he adresses the barkeep: "Please see to it this lady receives something to drink... on my pay, and I insist on that." Adding in a whisper with a grin to Nalya: "You wouldn't know how hard it is to pay your own drinks in a place like this."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
The portly barkeep, Ferman, brings over a nice glass of wine for the new arrival. It is a deep red wine that when you taste it reminds you of grapes drying on a hot summer afternoon. When you try to offer him money, he laughs and says, "I'll just put it on your tab." while winking.

Someone

Adventurer
"I am here, because a prophesy among my people speaks of a great evil reborn, which you -we- are to face."

"So, everyone up for it?"

"You speak like if we could stop the end of times" says Akaros. "But that´s a lie, and a futile thing: in the end, we´ll all die in battle and burn in flames. So, unless you have something to offer me, I´m not for leaving this place, where the wine is so cheap" *wink*wink*

Fanog

First Post
"Thanks, Michael", the young woman replies as she takes a seat. She doesn't really react to his whispered aside, waving it away with a little smile as she sips from her wine. She then turns to Akaros as he voices his thoughts.

My god, Nalya thinks. Is he really supposed to help out? This might prove to be difficult. With good hopes, she voices a retort to his harsh words. "My my, aren't you tough. So... This big warrior seems to think that 'everything is futile', but still does plenty of work in saving a little angel? Come on, there must be something in it for you as well." Her blueish lips flash a wicked grin at herself as she thinks of something. "And by the way - How are you going to 'die in battle' if all you do is sit here and drink wine? Better get out there, where the battle is... Good enough for ye?"

She closes her mouth and looks at Akaros triumphantly. Staring at the big man intently, she takes another sip of her wine, hoping she's convinced him. Come on, you're going to have to do this one way or the other. Don't make it hard on me, let's just get going all right...

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"You don´t understand me" says Akaros. "The boy just were in the ogre bug´s cave; it´s not my fault we rescued him."

"And I´m not good at explaining my 'philosophy'; I´m sure you won´t understand it anyway. Enough to say that you´ll have my interest if you promise me enough fighting and battles"

Fanog

First Post
Nalya sighes a small breath of relief, and givs Akaros a pleasant smile before taking another sip of her wine. That makes things easy enough, although there might be more to him than that, she muses.

She looks at Akaros again, trying to see if his look might betray more of his real intentions and feeling. "From what I've heard, there'll be plenty of battle all right." Her eyes look over the elven woman across from her, and to the man to her left. "Okay, here's what I know, in brief. It's not much yet, but I suspect that we'll figure it out when the time comes."

She shifts in her seat, and the young woman's voice changes to sound quite formal. She weaves the story that she has heard quite often before, and has taken pains to memorize as well as possible.

"A long time ago, the very existence of the lands was threatened, Men and Elven alike... A vicious force of evil arose, calling himself the No-God. Many flocked to his banner, and mighty became his army. The men of the Three Seas could do nothing to stop his army, and were rapidly driven back. All hope seemed lost, until one Man arose to challenge the No-God. His powers were great, and he scattered many of the No-God's followers from this world. By the city of Shimeh, he called to the gods of the Tusk to aid him, and many angels rallied to his cause. Man and angel fought hard that day, and under the lead of Anasurimbor, they defeated the armies of the No-God. They followed him to his citadel of obsidian, and took the fight upon the No-God himself. In Golgotterath, the man Anasurimbor defeated the No-God. But this would not last. With its dying breath, the No-God proclaimed its return, and the coming of the second Apocalypse..."

Nalya's mouth has run dry from tellin the tale. Still, he continues though in a more informal voice. "The Elders still know of these stories, though man has forgotten them. They have been told, so that we will not be struck unaware. The, who know the signs, have seen the portents of the coming of the Second Apocalypse. The No-God is rising once more, and you three are destined to fight him."

Looking carefully at the three faces around her, she finally takes a draught of her wine. The half-elven elder-in-training is silent, studying reactions as she has been taught.

Thels

First Post
"Seems like this No-God fellow had a few drinks too many. If you ask me, it doesn't sound all that thrilling. Just a fellow that thinks too much of himself. If I proclaim to return with my dying breath, that doesn't mean I'll come back alive, does it? Well, unless one of my friends can somehow get a priest to help on the matter, of course." Michael takes some time to empty his mug and order another drink. "And what's this stuff about Elders. I've never heard of them. Are they willing to cover our expenses?"

Erekose13

Explorer
*As you are all speaking with Nalya, another stranger comes in. Having been in town for a few days you have gotten to know most of the residents, and drank with quite a few of them. This gentleman seems out of place, he looks like a large overstuffed merchant. His girth is quite a marvel and it is only accentuated by the folds of silk that fall around him. As he moves into the room you can see that he is followed by another small man carrying a number of bags all bundled to his back. The small man looks around nervously, obviously looking for a place that it might be alright to set down his burden. The large man moves up to the barkeep and says,

"Oy, barkeep, you got any rooms left? Me and my squire here are on our way to join the war. Name's Fat Jack and I need a drink. Oh and I guess Kip here needs a glass of water too. Have your maid prepare a meal our road has been too long today."

*Being the only four others in the inn, Fat Jack makes his way over to your table, blundering in and interupting, "Hey you four look like the fightin types, you joining up too?"

Remove ads