All the Different Types of Demons

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
yeah, I know this is X-Calator's schtick, but I'm curious as to how many demons are floating around out there. So far, these are just the non-unique demons; I'm not counting demon lords. Yet.

MMI
Babau
Balor
Bebilith
Dretch
Glabrezu
Hezrou
Marilith
Nalfeshnee
Quasit
Retriever
Succubus
Vrock

MMII
Abyssal Maw
Abyssal Ravager
Abyssal Skulker
Jarilith
Jovoc
Kelvesu
Palrathee
Zovvut

Fiend Folio
Alkilith
Blood Fiend
Klurichir
Maurezhi
Myrmyxicus
Skulvyn
Wastrilith

Monsters of Faerun
Ghour
Yochol

Manual of the Planes
Armanite
Goristo
Uridezu

Book of Vile Darkness
Babau (3.0)
Bar-lruga
Chasme
Manes
Rutterkin
Shadow Demon

These are just the WoTC books with demons that I can think of. I know there's also ToH, the Book of Fiends, the Creature Collections, and probably others.

Demiurge out.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here are the demons that have appeared in Dragon Magazine:

Demon, Cataboligne (#295)
Demon, Elemental, Air (#306)
Demon, Elemental, Ash (#306)
Demon, Elemental, Earth (#306)
Demon, Elemental, Fire (#306)
Demon, Elemental, Ice (#306)
Demon, Elemental, Water (#306)
Demon, Turagathshnee (#312)

Filby

First Post
This reminds me, I ought to look at Unearthed Arcana and add the variant subraces to my humanoid lists on X's threads.

ElMorte

Explorer
Just the thread i was looking for.

Are there any other stats for the Alu-Fiend and Cambion besides that from the Tome of Horrors (don't like them somehow)?

I want to run Hellgates Keep and it would be nice to see some (semi)official/homebrew stuff.

If there are any it would be nice to direct me there.

Thank you very much.

Edit:

Or are the Fey'ri and Half-Demons the equivalent of Alu-Fiend/Cambions?

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
ElMorte said:
Or are the Fey'ri and Half-Demons the equivalent of Alu-Fiend/Cambions?

Not really. The fey'ri are sun elves descended from demons. By half-demons do you mean half-fiends? If so, I still think it is too generic to cover the alu-fiend or cambion properly.

sckeener

First Post
I was working on a list of creatures found in the Abyss per WotC books (and Dragon Magazines) and thought I'd share. The attached spreadsheet contains (Book, Monster Name, Type, Environment, page #, CR #.) Enjoy.

PS. I'll be glad to edit to include more if you know of any I missed.

edit: ok...I uploaded to a different thread and could not do the same here....so I guess I'll just post a link instead to that thread

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
coolness! :)

you are missing creatures from Dungeon #112, Dragons #329, 333, 337, and 341, and likely other places as well.

didn't we have a thread around here that had a more comprehensive list of abyssal creatures than this thread? or did that get wiped out too?

Remove ads