OOC Against the Crimson Tide (Closed)

I don't suppose any of you fine DM's out there want to run an Epic D&D fantasy game? I'm interested in playing one, but haven't the time to devote to running an epic game...

Help?...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renamed it so it would limit confusion on rather or not it was an active game. BS

Last edited by a moderator:

Telsar

First Post
Sorry, but the idea of an epic game scares me. All the spells that characters would have cast on themselves, all the varied feats to keep track of, the number of magic items such characters would have... very frightening. :uhoh:

I run a 14th level tabletop game right now, and I long for the days they were 5th level. :)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
If you're willing to wait a week and a half, so my finals are over, I'll whip something up. My only caveat is that I'm not going to use the Epic Spellcasting rules, because they're just broken.

That's okay, 'cause I think they are broken as well - I've never used them while playing, but when flipping through the section I came across a combo of 2 epic spells with which you could use to destroy a whole continent without disadvantaging yourself in the slightest.

And if you are willing to run, I would be more than willing to wait! :)

Good luck on finals! :)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
I have a campaign sketch and rough campaign world ideas ready; it's more homogenized than the average world, with only one pantheon, which possesses no evil deities and only one who really counts as good. I'm drawing mostly from the Greco-Roman pantheon, to try to make the deities a little more realistic. At the moment, the only rule I'm going to make is that I'd like to stick to conventional races if possible. How many other players did you have in mind, and did you have a level preference? My inclination was 25th, which is powerful enough to use most things in the ELH without being so powerful you walk all over anything that isn't a hecatoncheires.

Ghostknight

First Post
Sounds interesting, and I have been eagerly awaiting a chance to try out the ELH ever since I got it. If this campaign does get off the ground, any chance of getting in on it?

Paxus Asclepius said:
I have a campaign sketch and rough campaign world ideas ready; it's more homogenized than the average world, with only one pantheon, which possesses no evil deities and only one who really counts as good. I'm drawing mostly from the Greco-Roman pantheon, to try to make the deities a little more realistic. At the moment, the only rule I'm going to make is that I'd like to stick to conventional races if possible. How many other players did you have in mind, and did you have a level preference? My inclination was 25th, which is powerful enough to use most things in the ELH without being so powerful you walk all over anything that isn't a hecatoncheires.
25th level is fine, last time I played Epic I played up to 24th, so I can kinda pick up where that left off. ;) As far as number of players, I am fine with two (including myself) up to however many you care to DM for - although my inclination is usually for games with 3 to 7 players, including myself. :)

Hi, Ghostknight! *waves*

Sounds good! Just so I can decide on the character concept I want (I have about 4 floating around): Core races only (I think you said) and what books do you allow? Also, PRC's allowed?

Last edited:

Remove ads