OOC Against the Crimson Tide (Closed)

Ghostknight

First Post
Cool, now what kind of campaign set-up are we going for? Good aligned/evil aligned/neutral? Political/ongoing adventures/artifact hunting or anything else the rather robust and deific mind of the GM can think of?

Me, I like any kind of game and will create a character appropriate to your vision for the campaign!

(Oh yeah, epic level play - can't say I've done this since we were really young and decided to make characters to go hunting Gods - what can I say, the first edition Deities and Demigods was just a set of stats for really powerful monsters(or so we thought at the age of 12)) ;)

Ghostknight said:
Cool, now what kind of campaign set-up are we going for? Good aligned/evil aligned/neutral? Political/ongoing adventures/artifact hunting or anything else the rather robust and deific mind of the GM can think of?

Me, I like any kind of game and will create a character appropriate to your vision for the campaign!
Same here - the character concepts I have can be applied to most types of games, and I can always think up a new one! *There's all sorts of things I want to play with epic level*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Not that I really need this but another epic game could be interesting depending upon how things workout...

I think right now I would be on the list as an alternate, and that's fine with me. :)

As for concepts: I don't really know till I see more of the settings background and history but probably something simple this time:

So probably a human with a sharp pointing object. :D

Probably something more knightly than but everything’s subject to change. ;)

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
It looks like silentspace and Isida are the other two players, with Pyrex and Brother Shatterstone being the alternates. You can have good, non-chaotic neutral, or lawful evil characters: basically anyone who is willing to work with major authorities figures (at your power level, that means the gods and not much else) and has at least a slight vested interest in maintaining order and peace. I will allow portions of the BoED and BoVD; the prestige classes mostly don't apply, given the different pantheonic setup (as a side note, there aren't any fiends loose in the world, so neither fiend-hunters nor fiend-worshippers are present), but spells, feats, and magical items are acceptable subject to veto. The Draconomicon is fair game (at least the player's sections of it), as is Complete Warrior. I am willing to use the Holy Warrior class from the Book of the Righteous, should it be desired. No psionics are in use, and as previously noted, the Epic Spellcasting feat is also out. Any other material you wish to use, simply email to me and I will review it. One ten-level prestige class will be allowed, and any number of five-levels (provided that all PrCs are taken to the maximum extent feasible); more than that is more powermongering than roleplaying.

Brief notes on the campaign world: it's fairly homogenized, and resembles a combination of Greek and Roman societal features. There are a small number of nations, each of mixed standard races; the various other humanoids are slaves, whether used for scut-work (e.g., goblins and kobolds) or as janissary troops (e.g., hobgoblins). Between the political control of the temples and the economic control of the Wizard's Guild, the world is quite stable, almost stagnant. Your characters will be extremely exceptional, essentially unrivaled among mortals.

*will wait to choose character concept until finds out what others are playing*

PA - should I play a cleric or other divine-related class, what should I use as far as gods? :) You had mentioned Greco-Roman, but that can mean different things. :)

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Aww, too bad. I wanted to try out the Cerebremancer from the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Right now I don't have a specific character in mind. I'll flip through the books and see if anything catches my attention.

Remove ads