What Games do you think are Neotrad?

GobHag

Explorer
Right, but this then becomes a reductio on RPGing as such. Like, if the art has already been created, what is the play for? A type of weirdly-mediated appreciation of the creation?
The art has not been created however, the sites and destination is clear but the journey hasn't been taken.

thefutilist

Explorer
Which of course doesn't divide them distinctly...
I’ve made multiple posts explaining the demarcation. I’ve done this on both on the level of intent, reward and how they’re facilitated by mechanics. If you’re still genuinely confused then I suspect we’re so far apart in out basic conceptualisations that nothing I say will satisfy you.

clearstream

(He, Him)
I’ve made multiple posts explaining the demarcation. I’ve done this on both on the level of intent, reward and how they’re facilitated by mechanics. If you’re still genuinely confused then I suspect we’re so far apart in out basic conceptualisations that nothing I say will satisfy you.
I was merely teasing about the paucity of that particular expression. That said, I observe folk reading broader meanings into what I write than I intend (and that my actual words say), so I appreciate that it might have seemed I was making a sweeping criticism.

Last edited:

Remove ads